Author Topic: WTB pc engine rare games and goods  (Read 14667 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: WTB pc engine rare games and goods
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »
Oh just demonize him. Demonize the f*ck right out of him.

Punch

« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
DEMONIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED.

SamIAm

« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »
It would be nice to know if Tobias send these to him before or after being contacted by Nightwolve, and if money was exchanged. It might not change much, but if Tobias sent those after being contacted, it tells us that there is no value in extending an olive branch.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2015, 03:44:41 PM »
Oh just demonize him. Demonize the f*ck right out of him.

Done.

kisaku

« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »

Pyongyang

« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »

Yes. Super Darius Perfection is the PC Engine game. Darius II, the arcade game. Same as with the first Darius release. Darius Gaiden though is totally different. It's a live action movie wrapped around the game. It's very cool! (And quite disturbing!). :)

I had no idea there was so much Darius media!!  Also, do you have a link to that Darius Gaiden movie?  My curiosity is piqued...

I've not seen it available online anywhere (though that's not to say it's not been made available). I believe I have the complete set of Laserdiscs (I wrote about them here on my blog: http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/01/17/darius-laserdiscs/). It took me a couple of years to complete the collection. I did have Darius 2 on VHS as well (the others are available on VHS as well) but sold it as I preferred the Laserdisc (no chance of the picture degrading, but on the flip side every chance of disc rot in the years to come).

There was a G-Darius VHS as well, though I've never seen a Laserdisc for that one, and I don't think it was an offficial release either. I think anything that came after that would be 'in-house' recordings from game centre's (Mikado springs to mind), YouTube and so on.

Apologies for derailing the thread. :)

P.S: Check these posts as well if you like Lords of Thunder:

http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/01/18/lords-of-thunder-promo-vhs/

http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/01/06/winds-of-thunder-remastered/

esteban

« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2015, 12:00:33 AM »

Yes. Super Darius Perfection is the PC Engine game. Darius II, the arcade game. Same as with the first Darius release. Darius Gaiden though is totally different. It's a live action movie wrapped around the game. It's very cool! (And quite disturbing!). :)

I had no idea there was so much Darius media!!  Also, do you have a link to that Darius Gaiden movie?  My curiosity is piqued...

I've not seen it available online anywhere (though that's not to say it's not been made available). I believe I have the complete set of Laserdiscs (I wrote about them here on my blog: http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/01/17/darius-laserdiscs/). It took me a couple of years to complete the collection. I did have Darius 2 on VHS as well (the others are available on VHS as well) but sold it as I preferred the Laserdisc (no chance of the picture degrading, but on the flip side every chance of disc rot in the years to come).

There was a G-Darius VHS as well, though I've never seen a Laserdisc for that one, and I don't think it was an offficial release either. I think anything that came after that would be 'in-house' recordings from game centre's (Mikado springs to mind), YouTube and so on.

Apologies for derailing the thread. :)

P.S: Check these posts as well if you like Lords of Thunder:

http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/01/18/lords-of-thunder-promo-vhs/

http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/01/06/winds-of-thunder-remastered/

OK. I am intrigued by the remastering you did for Winds of Thunder. I don't know when I will have a chance to listen to it, but rest assured I will.

I would be happy to offer the "original" and "remastered" versions of soundtracks at the-16.com.

One thing I have wanted to do for years is to clean up the Stage 1 music from Valis II CD-ROM. There is noticeable "static" when the song loops (and volume fades)...I used to think it was introduced to the TG-CD version (simply an error), but I was disappointed when the original PCE Red Book exhibited the same flaw.

Anyway, welcome, comrade. :)

ALSO: I think Red Book was mastered towards the "middle range" because many folks were relying on tony speakers in televisions and the goal was to provide a decent sound on very limited speakers....it was a compromise, sure, but they could not count on folks having amp/receiver + nice speakers to appreciate very dynamic range. My two cents. :)
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:17 AM »
Those Darius superplay LDs are so rad!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

kisaku

« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2015, 08:13:42 PM »
Today is THE DAY!

kisaku

« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2015, 10:54:49 PM »
Here it is:
Super real mahjong 2&3 Special Custom 15 pcs made. Finally!

NightWolve

« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2015, 02:03:37 AM »
Oh, almost forgot, here's the PCE Works website from where I made my previous fine purchases! Excellent communication, fast shipping, best darn bootlegger that I know, will do business with again in the future! FYI, so grab those limited deluxe editions while they're hot and still available! HURRY!

https://pceworks.wordpress.com/

Also, don't pay mind to the unruly/uncivilized element 'round here on PCEFX... After all, bitches gonna bitch, haters gonna hate, or rather, what best exemplifies or captures the PCEFX culture: Riders gonna riiiiiiiiide, ride 'em hard! Yeeeehaaaawwwww! Heh-heh. Know what I'm sayin', right folks ?? That's just how it goes around here, people here will bitch at just about anything, boy, I tell ya... It sure does amuse me sometimes...

Bottomline, Tobias makes fine product, it's just undeniable and he needs our full support and marketing! Who cares about how he forged/fabricated a document purported to be by Hudson Soft in order to commit fraud against the public to help convince them that he somehow scored the last manufactured batch of Sapphire CDs when all along they were bootlegs that he pressed himself...

Who cares about all the people, all the buyers that thought they were buying an authentic copy, or all the resellers that thought they were selling an authentic copy, all so that he could maximize profit and make out like a bandit in such an epic fraudulent fashion... Who cares ?? Get over it... It was 8 friggin' years ago... Why still so "butthurt" about it ? OH MY GAWWWDDD!!! You people hold on to grudges for way too long... /storino

Who cares about a recent member here who paid $600 for a sealed Sapphire CD on eBay because both he and the seller thought that it was real, only to find out it was one of Tobias' bootlegs upon opening ?? So what if the seller thinks the buyer is lying and refused the return, so what if this happened to hundreds of other people over the past 8 years... Get over it!!!!!! Move on!!!!

As an aside, good thing everyone mentioned that got burned by his fakes (buyers and resellers alike) didn't think to organize themselves and file some kind of class action lawsuit for fraud/false marketing or whatever other charge could be possible for his actions! Glad he totally got away with it and dodged that bullet!! He apparently suffered no negative consequences whatsoever and today one can even find his products featured on several Youtube channels like
and so forth, etc. How's that for successfully remaking your image from a prior lying fraudster ? Most impressive!

As for his recent bootlegs of pressing fan translations without permission/inclusion of the fan translation team, who cares, they uploaded it to the Internet for free, so too friggin' bad! They should've pressed a CD themselves if they wanted to somehow monetize the work! Either do that or please just STFU! They're just jealous he beat them to the punch and can make such fine looking professional product! Snooze you lose! I don't give two f--ks either way, I got my copies and an awesome gold-looking coin Working Designs style! Can't beat that! Like I said, will happily do business with him again in the future. Don't like his prices or his "unconventional" methods, don't f--king buy the product. Simple as that! Tough!

That's right, riiiiiiiiiiders! For the love of it!!!

Oh OK, I see how it is...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:43:07 AM by NightWolve »

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2015, 02:16:20 AM »
Here it is:

Wow that's a crazy find!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2015, 02:37:18 AM »

C'mon, man, don't put words in the guy's mouth.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2015, 07:17:22 AM »
C'mon, man, don't put words in the guy's mouth.

:mrgreen: Admittedly, liberties were taken for entertainment purposes, but eh, I mostly stand by it.

If I just bought a bootleg, showed it off in a thread, then somebody tells me that the particular bootlegger I got it from forged a document in the past to perpetrate a con job that fooled hundreds of people into believing he had procured a final batch of officially produced Sapphire CDs to maximize sales/profit (plus evade eBay regulations against counterfeits), that it caused chain reactions down the road between buyers and resellers not knowing what-was-what which cost 'em hundreds of $$$, and that said bootlegger got away with it all, returned again but this time to profit from fan work he had no part in like hackulation ports (Bonknuts' MegaMan), translations (what he just bought), well, most people would perhaps respond by questioning their actions at the very least, etc.

Instead, what we got was something of a flippant, callous action of just posting the website link of said criminal bootlegger and then in a further weasel fashion attempting to change the subject. Many interpretations can be made from this, e.g. he thinks he's funny, it's all funny, big deal, doesn't give a shit, move on already, etc. It then begs the question, how far would Tobias have to go under kisaku's morality to warrant criticism at the very least, boycotting at the most ? What kind of future con jobs, fake documents, whatever other profiteering schemes would Tobias have to be caught in to warrant criticism under his eyes ? One wonders...

Does a criminal like Tobias deserve to ever be forgiven ? That can only ever start by genuinely coming clean and apologizing something he's never done to my knowledge. Something like, "I want to come clean about some of my dark past. I want to say that I'm deeply sorry for some of the things I did... I needed money badly at times, so yes, I forged that Hudson document about my Sapphire bootlegs so I could get to sell them on eBay for one, and to maximize profit... I wish to formally apologize to all the people that were fooled by this and for all the damage that it caused down the road between future resellers/buyers. I shouldn't have done it and I can't take it back, I can only offer my sincerest apologies..."

Has he ever done this somewhere ? No ? Then he's unapologetic and prefers to pretend like it never happened which is escaping/dodging your past versus coming clean with the public and healing something that to this day he got away with... Of course, sneaking around and seizing fan work for his bootlegs shows same ole same ole as well...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:45:09 AM by NightWolve »

Yamazaki

« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2015, 07:48:27 AM »
Here it is:

di you get that from Japan Games Heaven?