Author Topic: prototypes  (Read 1203 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: prototypes
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 04:08:45 AM »
BASTARDS.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

turbog

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
So nobody here owns one? How can that be? PM me if you have anything.

vestcoat

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
f*cking noob spam.

Anyone else get this in their PM today?
Hi there,

Do you have any prototypes? Thanks.

Not cool dude. I don't own any prototypes and have never said anything that might lead someone to believe I do.

He's been a member for two weeks and every one of his posts was been begging for random rare shit, but nothing in particular.  "Anyone have anything valuable that I can BUY? I don't care what, as long as it's expensive."

EDIT: And don't try to track down/stalk former employees and inactive members. Who are you and what rock did you crawl from?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:11:50 AM by vestcoat »

turbog

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
Usually quotes are used to repeat someone's words. Not to put words in their mouth. But, which part of any of my posts is inappropriate for this forum exactly, and how is your rude response at all appropriate?

storino03

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 03:10:50 PM »
I got a PM from this person as well, and never indicated that I had any prototypes. I think it's a scheme to message as many people as possible in hopes he would find someone that says yes.

turbog

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »
I was reading some old posts, which I thought was encouraged. Something you specifically mentioned in one of them was why I asked you. It wasn't done at random, and it was a sincere question. I asked only a few people actually, and I was never rude about it either.

I still don't see how any of this is untypical use of the forum. Since when is it a scheme to offer money to purchase something? Is there a rule somewhere that says I need to have been here for x amount of time before I can post such things? I don't get it.

turbog

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 04:12:19 PM »
I'd also like to add that I'm liking the forum, since I'm a fan of the games and systems, like you all are. So if anyone has any real constructive criticism, or advise about something I'm doing wrong, I will pay close attention. I'm here to enjoy the discussions, and have only sincere intentions. Thanks go out to the large majority of you, who have been friendly to a new member like myself.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
Thibaut always sells demo stuff and has a lot of proto stuff but I doubt you'll score some with a thread like this. You probably have to duke it out with other people on ebay for one or be in the loop with the the Frenchies and their Japanese connections
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

vestcoat

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2012, 04:20:02 PM »
I owe you an apology. You didn't deserve what I said and I'm sorry.

The approach taken by a lot of collectors these days is very different from mine and I've grown to distrust people whose primary motivation is to buy and collect.

Your message wasn't rude, but was totally generic so I thought it was spam. If someone says something that sparks your interest, it wouldn't hurt to mention it on your message. Likewise, feel free to share a little about yourself and what specific items your looking for. You'll build relationships and sound less like a vacuum cleaner of collectibles.

turbog

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
Thanks vestcoat, I appreciate that. It was big of you to say so. No hard feelings.

I guess I was mostly curious about what types of unconventional items were still out there. I figured a great place like this, full of fans, would turn up something interesting and worthy of discussion.

As far as the system itself goes, I've been a big fan for years. I find there to be so many great games, and probably many I've yet to fully discover. Either way, I'm sure this is the right place.   :)

vestcoat

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »

turbog

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
Does anyone else think it would be really interesting to see what SF2 would have looked like during development?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »
Does anyone else think it would be really interesting to see what SF2 would have looked like during development?

Not really; I wouldn't expect it to be too terribly different from the final result (other than parts being incomplete), seeing as they knew what they were up against.  I'd expect it to have slightly better animations that ended up getting pared down for size and/or it looking a bit worse from trying to make it fit in a smaller huey than what they ended up with.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sadler

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »
Wasn't SF2 supposed to be a chip/cd hybrid initially? Wonder how far down that path they went...

roflmao

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
Wasn't SF2 supposed to be a chip/cd hybrid initially? Wonder how far down that path they went...

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be neat to find a prototype that used both.