Author Topic: Hypothetical: Let's say you bought a game online, and in the mail arrives...  (Read 606 times)

storino03

a totally different game, but still on the Turbo Grafx. Would you let them know?

What if the game was considerably more rare/expensive?

roflmao

I once bought a PC Engine game off ebay from a seller in Japan and when it arrived it was not what was pictured/described.  I have no idea what game they sent me, though.  All I know is it wasn't what I ordered, so I notified them and sent it back.

Lilgrafx

What game?

nectarsis

I think if you were honest, this shouldn't even be a question.   #-o
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

storino03

doesn't matter what game, just that it was more rare or expensive than the one you originally ordered! Supposed to be a fun topic :)

Lilgrafx

If I though the game was more fun or if it was ridiculously expensive I'd keep it.

motdelbourt

Depends on the situation, but most likely I would keep it. It's like a bank error in your favor. Exception would be a collecter to collector transaction.

Keith Courage

I would tell the seller and offer him a fair price if it was a different game that I also wanted. Just so I wouldn't feel so guilty later.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:22:34 PM by Keith Courage »

rag-time4

I think if you were honest, this shouldn't even be a question.   #-o
I wouldn't hesitate to let them know, especially if they sent me a rare game.

TheClash603

I am a member of the occupy movement, so I think the answer is "it depends."

Click on the seller's recently ended auctions.  Is the seller a mega-seller that is on ebay to make $$$ and resell and hurt the value of games?  If so, OCCUPY and f*ck em.

Now if the seller seems to be Honest Man Joe Schmoe who is just selling an extra item or two and generally sells at fair prices...  then you gotta tell the truth or be guilty for life.

Tatsujin

I once ordered Darius Plus, but instead I got Darius Alpha.

NOT!

but would have been great :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
I once ordered PacLand, Keith Courage, and Ninja Spirit and instead they sent me 3 copies of Magical Chase!

I quickly contacted the seller and in just a few days I was finally able to get my pac-Ninja fix!!

Thank goodness, why the hell would I want three copies of the same game??

BlueBMW

I'd return it, or at least contact the seller regarding it...  Nice guys do finish last.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Lilgrafx

My answer only applies to ebay sellers who gouge. I'd never do that to a forum member.

vestcoat

This situation is the same as seeing someone drop their wallet and start to walk away.  I recently sold some stuff on ebay and was totally paranoid about what would happen if I made a shipping mistake - I really needed that money.

I would let the seller know, otherwise I'd be f*cking a potentially nice person out of a couple hundred bucks. If it was a scumbag reseller, I'd still let them know (although I'd probably wrestle with my conscience for a day or two). Keeping the item would require judging a stranger and, as much as I like a good flame war, taking someone's money crosses a line for me.  Ebay history can tell a lot, but it doesn't tell you if the seller's spouse has cancer, or their house is about to be foreclosed, or if they just got laid off, etc.