Author Topic: TG/PCE CDROM repair and more  (Read 861 times)

xelement5x

Re: TG/PCE CDROM repair and more
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »
I'm also a satisfied chop customer, and very happy with the work he did.  :D
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »
How local are you?  I'm in Glen Ellyn Illinois
I could use some of your services on an Express and a gear swap on a Tg-16 cd

Heh, I'm in Wheaton and originally from Glen Ellyn. It's a small world.

Paypal takes 10 minutes to set up. The only bothersome process is the confirmation of your bank account which will likely take a day or two. People dump money into it and all you do is ask paypal to transfer the balance to your account which happens sort of like a check transfer.

Do it man, I want some gears for fixing a bunch of dead CD-ROM units that the vile sisters of fate saw fit to bestow upon me. Do it and charge a meaty premium for paying by paypal, say, like 5 or so more.

There are tax ramifications that occur when Paypal receives money over a certain threshold.

Added in edit:
Also I can vogue for chop, he has repaired a great deal of my hardware! Fantastic system repairer and all round awesome dude!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:18:26 PM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

Flare65

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
Heh, I'm in Wheaton and originally from Glen Ellyn. It's a small world.

Wow, you literally live like 10 minutes from me!  I'm looking for someone local who can do some of these mod services.  I got the impression that Chop lives somewhere near us.  Is that the case?

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »

Wow, you literally live like 10 minutes from me!  I'm looking for someone local who can do some of these mod services.  I got the impression that Chop lives somewhere near us.  Is that the case?

He's in Chicagoland. But not DuPage County.
--DragonmasterDan

Flare65

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
I'll have to PM him.  He is close enough I can drop stuff off and pick it up.

storino03

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »
Oh okay, I'm in Milwaukee. Not too far away ;P

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 02:17:38 AM »
Not that he needs it, but I can vouch for Chops doing top notch work for peanuts.

Oh okay, I'm in Milwaukee. Not too far away ;P

Oh no... not another cheesehead.  You guys are nothing but trouble.  :twisted:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

soop

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 04:29:19 AM »

Oh no... not another cheesehead.  You guys are nothing but trouble.  :twisted:

Every time I see Milwaukee, I think of Alice Cooper in Waynes World.  And then Happy Days.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »

Every time I see Milwaukee, I think of Alice Cooper in Waynes World.  And then Happy Days.

I think of
"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Shemeal, Shamozzle, Hossenpfeffer Incorporated" that's right everyone's favorite sitcom about people in Milwaukee with incredibly thick New York accents.
--DragonmasterDan

GameFreak

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
Chop FYI
I have easily set up a paypal without giving any bank account info. All I did was buy a $10 or $20 pre-paid credit card (mastercard or visa) at the grocery store, activated it, and used all that pre-paid credit card info to sign up my paypal. It was all done within a day if I remember right...and I had all the money i put on the card to buy what I wanted later on.

chop5

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »
Thanks guys  :D

Yeah I was gonna say why but thought you all didn't need to know all that but i USE to have paypal up until january.
I started getting hounded by the IRS. Suspect it was my ebay account that had flagged me to the feds so I cancelled my ebay and paypal accounts.
I am free of them and their monitoring.
There is more,lots more but again you guys don't need to know all this,its boring.

I will add to the front page console drop offs welcomed  :D
Should build a drive thru window on my house. 
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 08:29:46 AM »

"You want chopsados with that?"
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

storino03

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
two please! :)

rag-time4

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 04:57:33 AM »
Thanks guys  :D

Yeah I was gonna say why but thought you all didn't need to know all that but i USE to have paypal up until january.
I started getting hounded by the IRS. Suspect it was my ebay account that had flagged me to the feds so I cancelled my ebay and paypal accounts.
I am free of them and their monitoring.
There is more,lots more but again you guys don't need to know all this,its boring.

I will add to the front page console drop offs welcomed  :D
Chop, sorry to hear you've had trouble with IRS. Should you feel the need to buy anything from ebay by proxy feel free to pm me.

As far as the services go, Ive worked with Chop a few times now and must say that Chop's communication and perserverance are top notch. My Duo started as a first time DIY cap change gone bad. After a lot of hard work, which also involved importing a new laser from the State of Israel, and some finishing touches from thesteve, my Duo is once again in tip top shape, as is my express. Sometimes our beloved systems can have tricky issues, chop's fantastic when it comes to getting back up and running!

chop5

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:02 AM »
Tutorial now added on first post! Many pictures  8)
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie