Author Topic: Mystery Titles  (Read 567 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Mystery Titles
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:52 AM »
Master of Monsters and Monbit are also great to have.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
If you don't deem le Gotz to be a keeper, we cannot be friends.  :evil:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

soop

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 04:34:10 AM »
Another noob collector demanding manuals he can't read.

*Ahem* a collector wanting a complete article?  Preposterous!

Seriously though I'll chip in on the note that I'm currently going through my games trying to match my loose cards with boxes and manuals, and it pretty much involves buying the game again.  The artwork for some of these games is beautiful, and it's important that each game is fairly represented when they're on my coffee table petitioning for me to play them.

Black Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 05:54:32 AM »

*Ahem* a collector wanting a complete article?  Preposterous!

Seriously though I'll chip in on the note that I'm currently going through my games trying to match my loose cards with boxes and manuals, and it pretty much involves buying the game again.  The artwork for some of these games is beautiful, and it's important that each game is fairly represented when they're on my coffee table petitioning for me to play them.

This is a case where some who frowns on incomplete games bought a stack of them.

That's a nice selection of games, I'd hang on to them unless you later pick up complete copies after playing through them. If you can't appreciate most of these, I'd advise not buying any more PCE games before trying them because you'll be disappointed most of the time.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

vestcoat

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 06:11:54 AM »

*Ahem* a collector wanting a complete article?  Preposterous!

Seriously though I'll chip in on the note that I'm currently going through my games trying to match my loose cards with boxes and manuals, and it pretty much involves buying the game again.  The artwork for some of these games is beautiful, and it's important that each game is fairly represented when they're on my coffee table petitioning for me to play them.

I know you're being humorous, but I guess I'll just never understand the whole CIB obsession. Artwork is nice, but there's 600+ PCE games out there. It's more than I'm ever going to own, I can't read the manuals, and childhood nostalgia isn't a factor.  Why not put money into more games and less useless artwork?

This listing is a good study of the collector first, gamer second phenomenon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110855128632

After watching the listing for weeks, I bought Cosmic Fantasy 1, 3, 4p1, & 4p2, Dragon Knight 2 & 3, and Might and Magic from this guy all for about $20. I don't think anyone else has bought a thing from him. Loose discs are the most appealing thing, but anyone interested in the games isn't going to find them cheaper.

kamiboy

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 06:19:03 AM »
This is a case where some who frowns on incomplete games bought a stack of them.

I didn't buy the games, I bought a system and these were just attached to the auction. If I weren't doing it through SMJ I would have done what I usually do in these situations and told the seller to hang on to the games, sell them or throw them out, and just send me the system I am interested in.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:21:55 AM by kamiboy »

soop

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 03:08:23 AM »
Tell you what; usually price would have a factor on loose vs boxed, and also how good the game is.  If I'm trying out a cheapy card I'm tempted by loose Hu Cards.  But then every game I got turned out to be rather good.  The Tower of Druaga, Be Ball - love 'em all.  And they deserve their boxes.

Other considerations though; SNES games CIB are WAY too expensive.  I just want the games.  Megadrive?  Not so bad, more robust and easier to store.  Everything has it's pros and cons, and usually boxed PCE stuff is only a small % higher than loose.  If I see an exceptionally cheap loose Huey though, and it's something I'm after... I'm tempted.

kamiboy

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »
I always go for boxed copies, always. Boxed SNES games that do not look like they are falling apart are often very expensive. For an example I recently bought a copy of Wild Guns for about 100 and am in the running for another title that usually goes for twice that.

But usually they average out at around 50 which is less than what I pay for a newly released title and I am fine with that. I don't really make a distinction between newer or older releases, they all fall in the game I just bought category.

It helps that I mostly buy games that I really, really want to play so price is usually not a concern. I don't really have time to play anything that only interests me with a half heart so I just don't buy them.

To get back on topic, I was just informed by the seller of my Duo that the pack-in games are indeed not included so the missing Gates of Thunder/Bonk and YS Book I & II CD's amount to a 100 value lost. Oh, well.

Would there be any takers for doing a exchange of the above lot for one of the two? I want the Gate/Bonk CD most of all.

soop

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 03:32:24 AM »
I have a Ys I and II - but guess what? No box :D  Does have the manual though.  Just keep looking, that one cost me a couple of bucks, but I don't really want to trade.