Author Topic: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Project.  (Read 3683 times)

Burnt Lasagna

Re: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Project.
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2012, 01:34:05 AM »
Hm, I've never needed a video joiner so I haven't tried this yet, but have you ever heard of Fast AVI MPEG Joiner?
http://www.alloksoft.com/fast_joiner.htm
There's a free version of it and I've heard good things about it.
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

NightWolve

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2012, 02:01:32 AM »
Yeah, that's what I want, but it's been trial limited to where only 50% of each video is used. I think I might've found a shitty one that works, need to test it, but I dunno how it's trial limited. If I'm recording something with my camera, I should be able to record in parts, in sections and repeat takes if needed, then easily join all videos together without the joiner having to reencode it, assuming all video chunks are in the exact same format. Surprisingly, the default behavior of most joiners has been to reencode the combined video with a codec of your choosing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:03:05 AM by NightWolve »

roflmao

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »
You know what I could REALLY use? A simple damn freeware video joiner! Wouldn't know of one, would you? Every one I have ever found is crap, just crap! If I have 2 or more videos in the exact same format and resolution, I can't find something to simply append one video clip after the other! They always wanna convert to another video format in the process of joining!

It looks like ffmpeg should do the trick.  I use it to convert videos that come out of Wirecast into something Premiere will play nice with, but it appears to have a concatenation feature.

http://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#How-can-I-concatenate-video-files_003f

Be warned, it's a cli utility, which can be kind of daunting. :)

esadajr

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
If videos are avi in the using the exact same codecs and resolutions, just use the append avi segment function of Virtualdub.
Gaming since 1985

NightWolve

« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2012, 01:38:11 AM »
Yeah, it is, the camera records in AVI format. The codec is "MJPG" which I thought was interesting.

Video: MJPG 640x480 30fps 14942kbps [Video 0]
Audio: PCM 11024Hz mono 88kbps [Audio 1]

I've known about Virtual Dub for many years, it's quite handy so I was looking forward to trying this, but when I save the AVI ('Save Segmented AVI' option), it saves a 3GB video file, all uncompressed. ;) Since the idea is to merge all AVI takes and use Handbrake to convert to MP4 for the smallest upload to Youtube, you'd at least avoid an intermediate lossy stage for the merge unlike other joiners, but you'll need a lot of disk space and a lot more time. ;)

Arjak

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »
So, how goes progress on inserting those voice clips? It sounds like you were only missing a few lines last we checked. Have you received the last few lines? Has any progress been made on inserting the lines? I know that I, for one, would love to see a preview video! I don't mean to cause pressure, I'm just super excited! :D
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
I think there was only 1 set of lines left.  I sent in my last bit of stuff a week or 2 ago.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »
The dub's progress is going great! I'm literally only waiting on one person to send in there last line at the end of the game.
I'm also almost done with the first draft of the English ADPCM. I have been testing the English dub in the actual game a bit as well and you can rest assured that all is going well.

After I have the first draft of the dub done I will be doing a big play test of the game to fix any audio issues I find on the way.

Duo_R

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
It would be funny after this project is over to do a bloopers track like what Working Designs used to do
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
It would be funny after this project is over to do a bloopers track like what Working Designs used to do
I've been thinking about doing that, though none of the actors included any bloopers so I don't have much to work with.

*small update*
The last actor just sent in her remaining lines. This project is now fully dubbed! Now it's up to me to complete the fun part :)

SeymorOnion

« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »
I've been thinking about doing that, though none of the actors included any bloopers so I don't have much to work with.

*small update*
The last actor just sent in her remaining lines. This project is now fully dubbed! Now it's up to me to complete the fun part :)
Cool Beans.  :mrgreen:
My favorite game series on the PCE is Ys.
Since this is one of the few Ys Games that never, AFIK, got a updated graphics/sound re-release on other platforms, and was never dubbed before, I'm really looking forward to it.
In addition to that, a large majority of the music in this game just so happens to be at the top of my list for Best Game Music, ever.
I can't express enough, just how cool this is going to be.  8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:43:43 AM by SeymorOnion »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »

*small update*

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
*Update*
The first draft of the dub is now completed and inserted into the game! Now I need to play through it and fix anything that needs fixing.
I'll be using a hacked save file that I made using NightWolve's Ys IV YAME perl script, hosted on his site. Let's me start the game off with everything maxed out and all the armor/items unlocked.

As a side note I'll be using Wii-Mednafen for the test play through. My PCE-CD emulator of choice (used it for Rondo's audio testing). 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:56:38 PM by Burnt Lasagna »

Arjak

« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit