Author Topic: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Project.  (Read 3695 times)

Burnt Lasagna

Re: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Project.
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »
Just curious if all the recordings were turned in for all the characters.
All most!
Just waiting on ParanoiaDragon to send his remaining narrator lines and for the final lines for Tim, done by ThatDasheKid.

When those are all sent in this project will be fully dubbed! Then I'll be able to have maximum work space to do the fun part :wink:
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
Alright so I have a question that hopefully some more well rounded Ys fan's can answer.
Is there any clean version of the song that plays during this scene,http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47184537/YsIV/this.mp3

I've figured out that the song's name is "Eldeel" and that there was a version of the song in the perfect collection but it wasn't quite like the one played in the game,

If it turns out that there was never an exact release of this song then I'll just use the remixed one that is shown above (becomes more like the original at around 0.28).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:25:12 PM by Burnt Lasagna »

Keith Courage

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
The beginning sounds like an Ys song mixed with the drums from a Zepplin song/beastie boys. http://thehiltonburnellfiles.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/30-breakbeats-in-30-days-day-13-led-zeppelin-when-the-levee-breaks-1971/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:21:08 PM by Keith Courage »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »
Yup, as far as I've never known, the Zepplin version is the only version from Dawn of Ys released.  I may have some other versions of Eldeel, I'm going thru my soundtracks right now, but I'm sure they sounds nothing like Ryo's version.

NightWolve

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Yeah, I think that JDK Eldeel version from the Ys IV Perfect Collection (Vol. 2) is all there is. It's good enough I'd say.

Did anybody try my Darm splash video BTW ?

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
Some of you might already know this from Nightwolve's blog (Ys Utopia) but Happy Console Gamer did an excellent two part 25th anniversary retrospective on the Ys series. Figured some people here would enjoy this,
(Part 1)
(Part 2)

NightWolve

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »
Ah, good idea to post about it here! Well, no takers on my Darm splash idea, ah well.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
Ah, good idea to post about it here! Well, no takers on my Darm splash idea, ah well.

Gah, sorry, I've had alot going on, totally forgot, getting behind again on my personal schedule for Jungle Bros. tunes. :P

Anyways, so the basic idea is for that to be just a little easter egg of sorts when you open a patcher to patch the game?  Or am I understanding wrong?  I think it's kinda cool, though I'm just more interested in patching that bad boy & playing it completely in english! :D  Either way, might be worth implementing.

As for the 25th anniversary videos, I want to download them & watch them later, but for some reason, whenever I try downloading anything from youtube, it doesn't give me the video.  It just downloads 1.7 MB's of....nothing.  Very strange.  I'll have to watch them on the tube I guess.

Edit-Just watched it.  I think he called Dogi, Doji..not to mention calling Nightwolve, Nightwolf :D  Anyways, I totally was expecting him to mention that Ys Celceta comes out next month, though, seeing as how he hasn't gotten into Ys Seven yet.... :-k
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:03:51 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

NightWolve

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
Anyways, so the basic idea is for that to be just a little easter egg of sorts when you open a patcher to patch the game?  Or am I understanding wrong?  I think it's kinda cool, though I'm just more interested in patching that bad boy & playing it completely in english! :D  Either way, might be worth implementing.

Yeah, just unzip this and execute it: http://www.ysutopia.net/downloads/ys4/DarmDemo.7z

It's a few seconds, you'll see it. The audio needs work, blending Darm's voice to the rest of it, but that's mostly the idea at work.

As for the 25th anniversary videos, I want to download them & watch them later, but for some reason, whenever I try downloading anything from youtube, it doesn't give me the video.  It just downloads 1.7 MB's of....nothing.  Very strange.  I'll have to watch them on the tube I guess.

Right click on anywhere on the flash video area, select "Settings...", click the 3rd tab which should be for "Local Storage", -- which is probably set to 100KB as you'll find -- drag the slider all the way to the right and it should set it to "Unlimited". Now, anytime you click a youtube video link and pause, it'll completely download the whole video and have it ready for you. From time to time you have to remember to empty out your browser's cache of course. I'm assuming you didn't already do this, so FYI.

Edit-Just watched it.  I think he called Dogi, Doji..not to mention calling Nightwolve, Nightwolf :D  Anyways, I totally was expecting him to mention that Ys Celceta comes out next month, though, seeing as how he hasn't gotten into Ys Seven yet.... :-k

Yeah, he told me he was gonna mention me in part 2 after I plugged his part 1 video on my site. Cool guy! As for Dogi, at least he stopped calling him Doggie! ;) The other one was pronouncing Napishtim as Nepotism! Hehe! I also had a few laughs over him referring to the Ys VI opening as disgusting! ;)

You know, I actually have a similar story to his of getting stuck at a point in Ys IV and not being able to figure out why because of the Japanese, but in a different place: it was the case when there's a white soldier blocking the entrance back to the castle and whatnot and you had to know that you need to equip your first level equipment (sword, armor, shield) to fool him into thinking you're one of them, etc. I couldn't beat the game because of this, so years went by, the Internet happens, and then I looked up and found a FAQ at GameFAQs of all places (the sewer of the Internet these days in terms of its congregants), and that's what allowed me to finally beat the game...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:48:28 AM by NightWolve »

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
I also had a few laughs over him referring to the Ys VI opening as disgusting! ;)
Yeah that was pretty much my reaction when I first saw that opening. Luckily it does have that code, so you can just pretend that the game never had that horrible CG.

Aside from that I really liked the PS2 version of Ys VI! I even thought the dub was great, purely because it was so goofy.
( P.S. If the guy who voiced Admiral Agares came up to me and told me he wanted to voice everybody in Ys IV (male and female) I would freakin let him do it! Might even write extra dialogue for the game just so he could talk more!)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
Hmm, well I went to the settings & did what you said.  Now it shows 2.3MB's, I though I cleared the cache, but, maybe I'm not clearing what I thought was the cache.

I also had a few laughs over him referring to the Ys VI opening as disgusting! ;)
Yeah that was pretty much my reaction when I first saw that opening. Luckily it does have that code, so you can just pretend that the game never had that horrible CG.

Aside from that I really liked the PS2 version of Ys VI! I even thought the dub was great, purely because it was so goofy.
( P.S. If the guy who voiced Admiral Agares came up to me and told me he wanted to voice everybody in Ys IV (male and female) I would freakin let him do it! Might even write extra dialogue for the game just so he could talk more!)

Yeah, that video is horrendous, but I too like the voice acting.  The only one I can remember loathing, is Terra, she was horrible!  Actually, a few of my favorite voice actor's are in it, including Scott McNeil, who played Dinobot, Rattrap, Silverbolt, & Waspinator in Beast Wars, a show I originally hated with a passion, but grew to love.  Actually, the kid with the bad lisp is essentially Rattrap....with a lisp!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2012, 04:08:39 AM »
Hmm, well I went to the settings & did what you said.  Now it shows 2.3MB's, I though I cleared the cache, but, maybe I'm not clearing what I thought was the cache.
Use AVC (Any Video Convertor).
http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

NightWolve

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
Hmm, well I went to the settings & did what you said.  Now it shows 2.3MB's, I though I cleared the cache, but, maybe I'm not clearing what I thought was the cache.

Is this Chrome or another browser? If not, I recommend a little switch to Google Chrome. It's a fast, lightweight, barebones type of browser that maintains a decent speed by not being bloated with all the extra features like the others.

Anyhow, I think the solution for whatever browser this is happening with is to make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash. The updater just updated the installation a couple of days ago actually. Goto http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and make sure it's updated if not already.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »
Ah, oh, that new downloader worked!  Awesome.  I'm on one of the IE's, I forget which one.  I know I should switch to Chrome, but I'm lazy.  One of these days I'll bother with it.

NightWolve

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
Use AVC (Any Video Convertor).
http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

You know what I could REALLY use? A simple damn freeware video joiner! Wouldn't know of one, would you? Every one I have ever found is crap, just crap! If I have 2 or more videos in the exact same format and resolution, I can't find something to simply append one video clip after the other! They always wanna convert to another video format in the process of joining!