Author Topic: retro-accessories - terrible seller & modder - avoid  (Read 1876 times)

King_Vidiot

Re: retro-accessories - terrible seller & modder - avoid
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 05:48:55 AM »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:42:15 AM by King_Vidiot »

NightWolve

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:28:13 AM »
Oh wow!!! Holy shit!!!

I put two and two together based on seeing "Rachel" and "pcenginesales" and then I searched her posts... I know her a little bit more than most... Hahaha! This is THE Rachel (AKA Shimarisu) that worked with me on the Ys fan translation projects once upon a time... pcenginesales used to be her eBay account, and I remember that because somebody I knew was the one that caught her on eBay selling original Ys IV discs with pre-patched CD-Rs of our patch to add value to the sale, etc.

I once told you guys about what she had told me, that she used to hang around a Working Designs' chatroom and one day Victor Ireland got sick'n'tired of the purists complaining to him, so he said to them, "If you don't like our translations, then translate the games yourselves!" Rising to the challenge, she claimed this is why she learned Japanese to begin with. She was also one of those people that was having an orgasm and celebrating when Working Designs shutdown. Both posts verified all that below:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6613.msg111434#msg111434
"I actually had a meal out and karaoke in celebration of WD going bust."

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6613.msg111376#msg111376
"Working Designs are entirely why I learned Japanese. Hey I'm ACTUALLY NOT KIDDING."

Hahaha! That's funny, so she had an account here all along. That's her alright! Interesting, so she lives in the good ole US of A now. She started off in the UK and even lived in Japan for a while. We had a falling out years ago because she has a temper problem and snapped at me while chatting over AIM as we used to do, so I said f*ck you and good bye. She's not a terrible person, shit happens'n'stuff, but yeah, it's funny running into this. Anyway... Yeah, I recall that she was kind of handy as well, so that she's been doing hardware modding is interesting (although failing at it at times judging by this thread).

Anyway, she is indeed your Ys IV translator, ladies and gentlemen. You can send her a thank you if you like. ;)

Eh... Maybe I'd hit it... Maybe, but yeah, she's got temper/bipolar issues as mentioned (she states she has Aspergers Syndrome)... Heh-heh!

EDIT: It's 100% confirmed that it's her. Yeah, the Opera email address in her PCEFX profile is the same email address that I had last communicated with her (just checked).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:29:48 AM by NightWolve »

esteban

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:36:51 AM »

STATUS: This thread has taken turns that even I could not have foreseen!

|    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 01:04:26 AM »
That photo was from the eBay account linked here. I had two other pictures of her from years ago. These might interest you, esteban:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/Sephiroth1975/Special/masq2_zpsced17dd6.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/Sephiroth1975/Special/masq4_zps71103dc3.jpg

Now the thing is, when you look at these, you do kinda lean even more towards thinking, "Yeah, I kinda would like to 'mod' her..." ;) That's her in the yellow suit whatever. What is that of, a Chocobo or some shit ?? Hahaha!

Oh, found this:

Quote from: Fri Feb 14 15:37:21 2003
Rachel: Wolve likes WD, I hate them, he said my translation was 'flat' because I cut the 'poetic' writing out, and it wasn't jaunty enough. What I did was write it well, as literally as possible without it reading bad, in good English grammar and retaining all the nuances of the original.
 Rachel: He said hewanted it like WD.
 AkimaruPCE: really?
 Rachel: Oh yes.
Rachel: I'm still second fiddle on his credits page, even though I had to retranslate a great deal of the script.
 Rachel: He is a good rewriter. But his Japanese is not up to scratch.
Rachel: DeuceBag did make a lot of elementary mistakes, my attitude was that I was not exactly pleased that I was second fiddle to somebody who could not translate well and rewrote things. >_<

There was competition among the translators. ;) That was cute, though. I got a kick out of that stuff like that.

esteban

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »

|    | 

spenoza

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 01:47:31 AM »
Eh... Maybe I'd hit it... Maybe, but yeah, she's got temper/bipolar issues as mentioned (she states she has Aspergers Syndrome)... Heh-heh!
Now the thing is, when you look at these, you do kinda lean even more towards thinking, "Yeah, I kinda would like to 'mod' her..." ;)

OK, this kind of talk is completely inappropriate. If she's a problematic seller/trader and has an unreliable history, that's one thing. Bringing up a bunch of personal crap and making creepy comments like that is another thing altogether. These statements make you look a bit misogynistic and reflect poorly on this forum and the community built around it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:09:17 AM by spenoza »
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 02:00:06 AM »
Now the thing is, when you look at these, you do kinda lean even more towards thinking, "Yeah, I kinda would like to 'mod' her..." ;)

OK, this kind of talk is completely inappropriate. If she's a problematic seller/trader and has an unreliable history, that's one thing. Bringing up a bunch of personal shit and making creepy comments like that is another thing altogether. These statements make you look a bit misogynistic and reflect poorly on this forum and the community built around it.

I didn't see anything inappropriate.  It was a little funny actually, and nothing really out of line. 

spenoza

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 02:04:25 AM »
I didn't see anything inappropriate.  It was a little funny actually, and nothing really out of line. 

And this is why we have so few female members on this forum and in this hobby. Because large portions of the community come off like sexist pigs.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

NightWolve

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 02:10:51 AM »
OK, this kind of talk is completely inappropriate. If she's a problematic seller/trader and has an unreliable history, that's one thing. Bringing up a bunch of personal shit and making creepy comments like that is another thing altogether. These statements make you look a bit misogynistic and reflect poorly on this forum and the community built around it.

Dude, are you serious or just sort of feigning outrage sarcastically ? I can't tell for sure, but I'm leaning towards the former. If you're serious, you really need to chill! Making way out there statements that my comments reflected negatively on others in the "forum and the community built around it", that these 2 posts were somehow threatening to some overall reputation is wild and absurd!! A lot of the stuff was public, so it wasn't a "bunch of" personal stuff and while some of it was, big whoop, pass it up if you don't approve, it wasn't *that* revealing. Calling me misogynistic and "creepy" for just having a little fun in terms of finding her somewhat attractive and making sexual innuendo type comments just makes you look like a f*cking prude, I'm sorry to say... Wow, way to be a douche!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:42:17 AM by NightWolve »

NightWolve

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »
And this is why we have so few female members on this forum and in this hobby. Because large portions of the community come off like sexist pigs.

f*ck you, a$$hole! It was minor sexual innuendo!! OH THE HORROR! So this clown seriously is ragging on this... Wow! And to go further to make this kind of broad accusation and conclusion as to why there are few female members here and in this hobby, as if such comments are *that* frequent in the first place, much less "completely inappropriate" is another one of your delusional claims, f*cking prude!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:21:27 AM by NightWolve »

spenoza

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 02:16:13 AM »

f*ck you, a$$hole! It was minor sexual innuendo!! THE HORROR! So this clown seriously is ragging on this... Wow!

Innuendo is subtle. That wasn't subtle. Further, posting a lot of personal info on the person is an invasion of their privacy. So you post some personal info and some pics of someone designed to "reveal" something about them and then make sexual comments about them based off those pictures. It doesn't matter if they're posted publicly elsewhere. It's inappropriate and in questionable taste. And it's the exact kind of crap that keeps this hobby a boy's club. It also says more about you than you think it does. In short, you're no class act.

And yes, I'm making a big deal about it because this kind of thing REALLY bothers me. Most of my best friends are women, and some of them are gamers and have traditionally male hobbies, and these kinds of attitudes constantly grate on them and make it difficult for them to feel like they have a place. Besides, whether you think it's a big deal or not, it pretty clearly violates the forum rules.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:20:21 AM by spenoza »

NightWolve

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 03:07:05 AM »
Innuendo is subtle. That wasn't subtle. Further, posting a lot of personal info on the person is an invasion of their privacy. So you post some personal info and some pics of someone designed to "reveal" something about them and then make sexual comments about them based off those pictures. It doesn't matter if they're posted publicly elsewhere. It's inappropriate and in questionable taste. And it's the exact kind of crap that keeps this hobby a boy's club. It also says more about you than you think it does. In short, you're no class act.

I don't give a f*ck about some subtle or not subtle distinction that you're trying to make, it was sexual innuendo and it was said in fun, also a minor account of some history with her that some might find interesting. If most of it was public and the private stuff wasn't all that damning, just interesting and what not, that's hardly some evil invasion of privacy as your exaggerating ass is trying to make it out to be!! I wouldn't allow a prudish, overly sensitive clown like you to deter it in the future.

And yes, I'm making a big deal about it because this kind of thing REALLY bothers me.

Good for you, douchebag!

Most of my best friends are women, and some of them are gamers and have traditionally male hobbies, and these kinds of attitudes constantly grate on them and make it difficult for them to feel like they have a place.

Oh, I see, I see, so you got lots and lots of female best friends, and when they see the fellas talking like that, boy oh boy, it just grates on them and we have unknowingly been chasing them away as a result... Gotcha...

And it's the exact kind of crap that keeps this hobby a boy's club.

Says you. Sorry douche, but random, rare (at least from what I can tell here) remarks like that are not what keep this hobby a boy's club. Demographically, far more males like videogames than females, for whatever reasons. For a female to just outright boycott or avoid some forum because of guys being guys, she'd have to be pretty damn hyper-sensitive like you seem to be. I'm not buying your stupid, self-serving narrative for a second.

It also says more about you than you think it does. In short, you're no class act.

Yess, according to prudes like you and I wouldn't claim I'm a class act, either.

Besides, whether you think it's a big deal or not, it pretty clearly violates the forum rules.

So the ass clown falls back on alleged forum rule violations when I could point to numerous other technical violations that have occurred in the past where you said and did nothing. It's your own personal feelings here of offense, so stop trying to hide behind some other bigger notion, be it the "community as a whole", forum rules, or all your alleged female friends and so forth. You've called me creepy, misogynistic, implied sexist pig, etc. yeah, I repeat, you need to go f*ck yourself, f*cking prude!

esteban

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 03:16:37 AM »

STATUS: Too much fighting. Must get medic. Pain. The community is in pain.
  |    | 

spenoza

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 03:18:43 AM »
Ordinarily sexual comments don't bother me. I was bothered in this case because of all the personal information and such that accompanied the comments. Most of what you shared or opined has nothing to do with whether or not she's an unreliable seller or modder.

Perhaps I am overreacting, I don't know. I know that what you posted made me very uncomfortable and I decided it was important enough to say something. The sum total of what you posted is inappropriate, both in the context of this discussion and in general.

Good for you, though, responding in an adult and mature manner. And they say reasoned discourse is dead.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 04:13:52 AM »
I too, have MANY friends who are girls.  I really seen nothing wrong with what was posted, and took it to be a bit of comic relief.  My wife, and all of my girlfriends have a sense of humor, and nothing like this would have offended them.  To say that "THIS" is the reason the forum lacks females is just false.  Basically, chill the hell out and have a sense of humor.  That is what it was meant to do, bring a chuckle..  You know, little pun?  chuckle chuckle??  Why so serious?