Author Topic: What does 350 bucks get you in turbo duo's and games?  (Read 575 times)

whitetrashshayno

What does 350 bucks get you in turbo duo's and games?
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »

Don't know if it's a douche bag move but i don't feel like reposting the pics but here is the link to where i posted the pics http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=69990

For 350 I got
A working turbo duo with 2 controllers and a turbo tap
and 23 games

Dude threw in a turbo 16 with cd with breif case a turbo tap and a turbo fight stick for FREE. He's not sure if the turb ocd is broke but he said i could just have it since he has no use for it. Score

Turbo duo was tested at his house and works flawlessly. Hu slot and Cd both work and sound works as well.

I got to test my pc engine i got for 5 bucks finally and it works so th eturbo will be up for sale.  I'm going to tet the turbo with the cd and see about sell'n that as well.

So very stoked.

Picture of games sucked so i figured i'd list em
 cd3pack Bonks adventure, bonks revenge, gates of thunder
 Cosmic Fanastay 2
 Valis III cib
 Splatterhouse cib
 Cotton cib
 Splash Lake Cib
 John madden duo football cib
 Legendary axe I and II cib
 Viglante cib
 Red alert
 Side arms special
 final zone
 Sherlock holmes
 Tail spin cib
 Fighting street cib
 prince of persia cib
 Forgotten worlds cib
 Monster Lair
 World class baseball cib
 Klax cib
 Keith courage

DragonmasterDan

Re: What does 350 bucks get you in turbo duo's and games?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »

Don't know if it's a douche bag move but i don't feel like reposting the pics but here is the link to where i posted the pics http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=69990

For 350 I got
A working turbo duo with 2 controllers and a turbo tap
and 23 games

Dude threw in a turbo 16 with cd with breif case a turbo tap and a turbo fight stick for FREE. He's not sure if the turb ocd is broke but he said i could just have it since he has no use for it. Score

Turbo duo was tested at his house and works flawlessly. Hu slot and Cd both work and sound works as well.

I got to test my pc engine i got for 5 bucks finally and it works so th eturbo will be up for sale.  I'm going to tet the turbo with the cd and see about sell'n that as well.

So very stoked.

Picture of games sucked so i figured i'd list em
 cd3pack Bonks adventure, bonks revenge, gates of thunder
 Cosmic Fanastay 2
 Valis III cib
 Splatterhouse cib
 Cotton cib
 Splash Lake Cib
 John madden duo football cib
 Legendary axe I and II cib
 Viglante cib
 Red alert
 Side arms special
 final zone
 Sherlock holmes
 Tail spin cib
 Fighting street cib
 prince of persia cib
 Forgotten worlds cib
 Monster Lair
 World class baseball cib
 Klax cib
 Keith courage

Yep, I saw this on NintendoAge, you got an awesome deal man!
--DragonmasterDan

Bernie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »
That is a good deal for sure!!  Make sure you get that Duo refurbished tho.  Most likely will need caps replaced.

whitetrashshayno

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
Yeah im not really worried about the duo since i allready got a us turbo and a pc engine duo so im going to sell the american turbo duo with a few games. I'm just wondering now what the going rate for these things are

storino03

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
around $180-230

Bernie

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »
around $180-230

Thats kinda a high estimate.  But, if you get it capped and include shipping, I would say somewhere in the 150.00 to 200.00  range.  Depending on what games you let go with it.

storino03

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:28:42 PM »
Oh. I thought he was selling another Duo. Man, the original post is hard to understand with the typos >_>

storino03

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
OP: When you CIB (complete in box) do you mean with the outer box or just the case/manual/disc ?

whitetrashshayno

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
Case manual and disk. Didn't no the disk games had cases. And the duo is just the duo. No box.

I'd be selling a Duo with
2 controllers
Turbo duo tap
Bonks adventure case manual and hu
Bonks revenge Case manual and hu
Legendary Axe hu only
Klax case manual and hu
World class baseball case manual and hu
Keith courage hu only

SMF

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »
Awesome score, Very cool of you to see what its worth on the boards and offer it to the forum first.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

kakutolives

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
hahaha
so you got this from craigslist didnt you? I lost this deal to somebody that beat me to the punch in southern california.
congrats man  :D

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:13:13 PM by kakutolives »
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

whitetrashshayno

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
hahah yeah i did buy this in ca off craigslist. dude said he had about 10 people ahead of me taht all wanted to give him 200-270. He lagged like a mofo after saying it's mine then not emailing me or texting me back for 3 days, but he's a nice dude thru it all. Just wanted to get his kid an xbox.

kakutolives

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »
hahah yeah i did buy this in ca off craigslist. dude said he had about 10 people ahead of me taht all wanted to give him 200-270. He lagged like a mofo after saying it's mine then not emailing me or texting me back for 3 days, but he's a nice dude thru it all. Just wanted to get his kid an xbox.
I actually just wanted Cotton. I am almost sure (atleast he mentioned it to me through email) that he tried to sell the buyer, the lot without it. However he said the buyer was firm. Either way man, congrats bro.
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

whitetrashshayno

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
Yup, hahaha. cotton was the reason I wanted it 2 lols.

BlueBMW

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Excellent deal on the lot!

Regarding Duo prices... for a loose system with PSU, a/v and pad but not recapped, I'd say $170 to $190.  Sounds like its in good shape if its still got good audio etc, but these systems need cap changes pretty much 100% of the time.  So at some point whoever buys the system will need to get it done :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc