Author Topic: Can someone post a closeup picture of a genuine Turbo Duo adapter?  (Read 511 times)

kamiboy

As the title say I want to have a good look at a genuine NA Turbo Duo power adapter, especially the info label.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:03:14 AM by kamiboy »

Jugbug

Re: Can someone post a closeup picture of a genuine Turbo Duo adapter?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
Here you go!

The other side just has a label stating for indoor use only.

kamiboy

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
Thanks is you, that settles my suspicions as fact. Keep that picture up, I may need it as proof.

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
Proof of what? Did you get the wrong kind of adapter? It is perfectly fine to run a DUO using a 9v or 12V ac adapter as long as the MA rating is 1000 or higher. Some adapters will say 1A instead of 1000MA which is the same thing.

kamiboy

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
I won an auction for a NIB Turbo Duo which among other things had a pretty used looking, and showing signs of repair, power adapter whose label looks nothing like shot above. I was pretty sure it was for some Japanese Duo model instead of being for the item that I bought, now I know for sure.

Model number is PAD-124
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:22:27 PM by kamiboy »

Frank_fjs

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
PAD-124 is for the original Japanese Duo console, it has the following specs:

10V DC 1000mA   
(-)----(o----(+)   
Plug size: Outer Diameter: 5.5mm | Inner Diameter: 3.1mm

SuperDeadite

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
Didn't TZD start packaging "new" US Duos with various other parts like AC adapters, controllers, etc toward the end?  Though why anyone would ever buy an NOS console is beyond me though.  Much rather have one that's in nice condition and prooven to work.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

kamiboy

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
It was tested, and I try to buy all my systems new or mint. The included power adapter has a lot of wear and looks repaired, there is no way it was part of this package.

If the seller didn't realize this when he was testing the unit then he must have been an idiot.

spenoza

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »
Well, if it was an eBay auction it is certainly grounds for a refund from the seller. How much did the seller charge you? We might want to keep an eye on this fellow to make sure he/she/it doesn't attempt to sell the item again as NIB.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

SuperDeadite

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
It was tested, and I try to buy all my systems new or mint. The included power adapter has a lot of wear and looks repaired, there is no way it was part of this package.

If the seller didn't realize this when he was testing the unit then he must have been an idiot.

But if it's tested, then it's been used, meaning it's not "new" anymore.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
Didn't TZD start packaging "new" US Duos with various other parts like AC adapters, controllers, etc toward the end?  Though why anyone would ever buy an NOS console is beyond me though.  Much rather have one that's in nice condition and prooven to work.

Yes they did, they were selling adapters, AV cables and Duo pads right from their stock of "new" turbo duos, when it came time to sell the systems they started selling them with converted turbo pads, and third party, AC adapters and AV cables.
--DragonmasterDan

kamiboy

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »
But if it's tested, then it's been used, meaning it's not "new" anymore.

To me new just means the item looks unused, has no wear whatsoever and comes complete. I open the items when I get them anyway, so that process does not matter.

Well, if it was an eBay auction it is certainly grounds for a refund from the seller. How much did the seller charge you? We might want to keep an eye on this fellow to make sure he/she/it doesn't attempt to sell the item again as NIB.

Ebay has been taking their sweet time making a descision regarding the case. It was an auction though, still the item being falsly advertised as being new was the only reason I bid so much on it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:33:44 AM by kamiboy »

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 03:28:17 AM »

Ebay has been taking their sweet time making a descision regarding the case. It was an auction though, still the item being falsly advertised as being new was the only reason I bid so much on it.

If it came with a PCE adapter, the set isn't "new". TurboZoneDirect did use third party AC adapters with "new" systems after they ran out of stock ones, but there's weren't PC Engine adapters with the model you described. So the seller definitely is in the wrong here.
--DragonmasterDan

Lilgrafx

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 09:51:16 AM »
My bad
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:53:02 PM by Lilgrafx »