Author Topic: DEAL: Soldier Blade [JP] for $70 (Edit: Oops, it's not the wanted US version...)  (Read 182 times)

NightWolve

I remember watching the exchanges in the gouging thread with one "KingOfGames" throwing images around of this game, essentially taunting other people and bragging how he could/would gouge it off for $200+ (a link was posted showing one that had sold for $255 even, etc.) yadda yadda.

Anyway, if one of you here wants it, here's your chance! - False alarm on my part, they're the JP versions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-ENGINE-Hu-card-SOLDIER-BLADE-shooter-Japan-TG-16-/290654656203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ac5e16cb

The seller is in Japan, wants $70, and worldwide shipping is stated as $6. I just happen to come across it while browsing for information so I thought I'd drop the link.

EDIT: Given what mrhaboobi pointed out, sorry if I got someone's hopes up... These are not the gouged US versions. I didn't realize this shooter was technically localized for the US and gouging was limited to that version.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:10:11 PM by NightWolve »

mrhaboobi

Re: DEAL: Soldier Blade for $70 on eBay (4 days left).
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
The link is to the Japanese version not us.  The point of the previous thread was the price of the us version... As it stands the listing you posted is over priced!
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

NightWolve

Soldier Blade
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »
Oh crap, I see - it's the US versions that the gouging occurs with! I actually thought that there was only one version, but looking closer at that image, the TG-16 logo is there, so a US localization did take place... Well, a mod is welcome to delete this then. :? If nobody cares and these JP versions are overpriced anyway, then false alarm on my part.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:00:07 PM by NightWolve »

mrhaboobi

:)  its all good.. but yes in general the gouging is normally around the US stuff.. :).. not sure why sometimes.. as the jap versions of some games are just as playable.. ( and in some instances i think better and nice looking artwork etc )
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx