Author Topic: Genesis Plus GX Sega CD Support Coming Very Soon.  (Read 1171 times)

SuperDeadite

Re: Genesis Plus GX Sega CD Support Coming Very Soon.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 04:36:21 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out who the f*ck would buy a wii, let alone hack/homebrew program for such piece of trash. ???
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 04:51:23 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out who the f*ck would buy a wii, let alone hack/homebrew program for such piece of trash. ???

I bought a Wii.  I play all the platformer games on it, and the few RPGs that exist for it.   It doesn't suck as much now that there are more then 3 good games.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

soop

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 04:53:53 AM »

The Wii is pretty fun actually.  I have a ton of Wii games.  Also really accessable for people that don't normally play.  If I cook dinner round my house for friends, it's something that everyone can get into; Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Kororinpa, there's tonnes of fun.

geise

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 06:10:23 AM »
Nice!  I've been wondering when ekeeke was going to add sega cd emulation.  I have my genesis right next to my wii, and that port of genesis plus gx is so amazing iI use it more than my actual genesis.  All my genesisgames are already on the wii, the emulator already uses the exact same genesis resolution output, and the recently added sound core is so good it's hard to tell it's emulated.  It's nice to know the sega cd emulation is redone from scratch.  What's also funny is I recently purchased a sega cd model 1.  :lol:  The nice thing about emulation over real hardware is saving space, not worrying about hardware dying, and sometimes it's just so much more convenient.  I don't know how many damn classic game systems I've had to f*ck with over the years to get working again.  That has always been something nice about emulation.  Thanks for the info Burnt Lasagna!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 06:23:30 AM »

The Wii is a lot more fun than, say, some overpriced piece of shit Laseractive game someone recently bought just because it was rare. A lot of people couldn't understand that sort of thing.

The Wii is fun. Its also cheaper than the other systems (quite a bit cheaper at certain points, historically). It also doesn't melt its chips off or have a optical drive failure every other year like the other two machines. The games shipped complete (i.e.: no updates) and even the OS has only been patched a half dozen times since the introduction.

I don't have a lot of Wii games, but I have had a LOT of fun with several of them. My girlfriend and I still play New Super Mario Bros once in a while. I absolutely LOVE the Rhythm Heaven they made for it. I had a lot of fun with Galaxy and some of the Wiiware/VC titles.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:35:29 AM by SignOfZeta »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 06:33:06 AM »
That's probably because you are using garbage batteries. You'll get 3-5 years out of a good one, easy. Those ones they sell in huge blister packs in eBay @ $0.05 each? Like maybe 9 months. In a DC VMU they last about two weeks.

Yeah, the Maxell cell batteries I buy that are made in Japan in 5 packs are crap batteries... Heaven forbid I should pick a brand name battery, because it's probably crap.

In my life Maxell has always made pretty middle of the road stuff. In the 80s it was cheap blank cassette tapes and now they make the sort of free batteries they pack in with TV remotes.

So either Maxell batteries are not that great or your Saturn is cursed by the ghost of Isao Okawa. You can believe whichever you want.

I owned two Saturns from new and I noticed that those batteries lasted a lot longer than the ones I was replacing them with. I switched to Energizer and now they go for years and years. The same goes for the Neo Geo Pocket. Nothing, however, will keep a VMU from killing its batteries except a kill switch.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »
So are you saying you don't want to learn about the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World in amazing High-End CG? 
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

xelement5x

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24:29 AM »
It's cool that emulation for the Sega CD is getting better, but the problem with emulation is the unless it's exactly creating the hardware via software the compatibility will be spotty.  Even with exact replication there can still be all sorts of issues. 

Think this is a cool project, especially since eventually all SegaCD lasers will die and replacements will be harder to find, but I'll still keep playing on my real hardware. 

As for the haters on battery replacement and other issues, they're not that big a deal.  I've replaced them on multiple systems and it's like a 5 minute job if you've got the parts on hand.  I always put in a holder to anticipate for future failures, and the most expensive part is finding a rechargeable coin cell vs a stock CR2032. 

It's also probably one of the least expensive systems to grab games for, the number of good games that break $80 is pretty low compared to other systems.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 07:39:12 AM »
To be fair, I have more Wii games than 360 games that I enjoy now.   The thing I most hate about the wii is that it took forever to get going.  Now the 3DS is doing that instead.

f*ck that shit!

I also hate the controller for the Wii.

It was cool at first, but now it's like "this thing blows"

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Black Tiger

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »
Well I'm not willing to pay $60 on a backup RAM cart when it too also runs on an internal battery.
http://www.amazon.com/Sega-CD-Back-Up-Ram-Cart/dp/B0015OGRFC

You can regularly find Mega-CD carts for <$5. If you don't like the tight fit, it's easy to swap it into a Genesis cart shell.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
You can regularly find Mega-CD carts for <$5.
What on earth is your definition of regularly?
Nowadays the Backup RAM cart goes for roughly $60 on all major online stores. 
http://www.ebay.com/sch/System-Accessories-/54968/i.html?_nkw=Sega+CD+Back+Up+RAM+Cart

Same deal with Mega CD (though cheaper, but no $5),
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Sega+Mega+CD+Mega+CD+Backup+RAM&_sacat=1249
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:07:34 AM by Burnt Lasagna »
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2012, 04:27:45 PM »
eBay is just not a good place to refer to for market prices. If you check the gouging thread I'm sure you can find $299 copies of Keith Courage. I've seen people asking $100+ for "new" copies of Sonic 2, one of the most common games out there.

I'd say a fair price for a complete MD RAM Cart would be $20 or less. Around $10 if you are patient. But as others have mentioned the internal memory is more than enough and a battery replacement isn't too painful if needed. I play the SEGA CD on original hardware all the time and have never had the need for a RAM cart.

storino03

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »
I bought a ram cart a few months ago for my JVC X'EYE, and I paid a little under $45, cart only. You will never find it under $20, so I don't know what you're smoking. At least not on Ebay (US region). Maybe locally, like craigslist or yard sales or something.

storino03

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »
Well I'm not willing to pay $60 on a backup RAM cart when it too also runs on an internal battery.

You can regularly find Mega-CD carts for <$5. If you don't like the tight fit, it's easy to swap it into a Genesis cart shell.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Ram Cart have a battery that is able to be recharged? So if you turn your system on every couple of months overnight, it should recharge itself for the next cycle.

Black Tiger

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »
You can regularly find Mega-CD carts for <$5.
What on earth is your definition of regularly?
Nowadays the Backup RAM cart goes for roughly $60 on all major online stores. 
http://www.ebay.com/sch/System-Accessories-/54968/i.html?_nkw=Sega+CD+Back+Up+RAM+Cart

Same deal with Mega CD (though cheaper, but no $5),
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Sega+Mega+CD+Mega+CD+Backup+RAM&_sacat=1249

I come across them while browsing cheap MD/MCD games. I already have 2 Sega-CD backup carts and one MCD backup cart, so I'm not actually looking for them. I guess that I notice them every couple months or so. My definition of Mega-CD was the Japanese version. You linked some Sega-CD results. The CIB Japanese version is a collectible, the loose carts are available cheap whenever I see them. If you only buy things immediately on the spur of the moment, no matter what the asking price, then you most things will seem expensive. $30 for a CIB cart is still half of what you were saying it costs to save games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum