Author Topic: Nintendo Zelda  (Read 805 times)

jperryss

Re: Nintendo Zelda
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 06:47:01 AM »

RegalSin

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
If there was no internet? [-X

I know you folks do not understand. Back then when we had things in the speciality collectors shop, they would cost a hell of a lot of money. You could either buy it threw a mail order magazine, a yard sale, or even a speciality store, usually a pawn, comic, or hobby shop.

The prices of these things dropped incredably, because of the internet sale and auction websites, including this webpagee. It is a privlage for us to even be able to afford such luxaries. We should be paying $200 a month for high speed internet with no cable television, but I tell you this, I have so many PDF files and not one of them, I paid for.

So if the shop owner wants to charge 50 bucks then pay the good man. He has lots of competition.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:44:29 PM by RegalSin »

csgx1

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Yeah that's ridiculous. I really don't understand where some stores get their prices for used games sometimes.  At a local thrift store, they have a Super Mario RPG cart only for $99 and a Virtual Boy system with accessories for $149.  They been there for months and will be there for a lot longer. 

CPTRAVE

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
That is insane, there is absolutely no reason to charge that much. I hope know one falls for that pricing.

Mathius

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »
That is insane, there is absolutely no reason to charge that much. I hope know one falls for that pricing.

I am sure someone will. Somebody has to keep the fail train 'a chuggin'.  :roll:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

SMF

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
Completed listings on eBay show plenty of loose carts (both Zelda I and II) that have sold for under ten bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sadis=200&_ipg=50&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sacat=0&_samihi&_samilow&_fpos&_udhi&_oexkw&_udlo&_adv=1&_nkw=zelda%20nes%20gold&LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_okw&_fsct&_sop=15

I think the grey carts are a lot more rarer then the common gold carts. But that's just me.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

jperryss

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »
Completed listings on eBay show plenty of loose carts (both Zelda I and II) that have sold for under ten bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sadis=200&_ipg=50&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sacat=0&_samihi&_samilow&_fpos&_udhi&_oexkw&_udlo&_adv=1&_nkw=zelda%20nes%20gold&LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_okw&_fsct&_sop=15

I think the grey carts are a lot more rarer then the common gold carts. But that's just me.

They're both common. I've read that there were less gray carts produced and my own experiences seem to reflect that, but neither version is hard to find.

Gold carts are hard to find in really good shape though. The paint has been a mess on every one I've come across.

tpivette

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
found my gold copy at a local buy/trade video game store in great shape. $8 and included a dust cover. I've been on a Zelda kick lately... trying to track down a gold copy of the original to compliment this one
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

SMF

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »

They're both common. I've read that there were less gray carts produced and my own experiences seem to reflect that, but neither version is hard to find.

Gold carts are hard to find in really good shape though. The paint has been a mess on every one I've come across.

True, I've seen some gold carts and thought WTF HAPPENED TO IT. I got got all 4 versions. 2 golds 2 greys complete in box so I'm good.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

CPTRAVE

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
That is a nice Zelda Copy. I want one

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »

You're correct, the gray carts came out around 1991 or so when the NES was on the decline, the gray version of Zelda had slightly different packaging and a reduced price point, it was released in the same way as the "Classics Series" version of Metroid. These are less common than the gold editions, but by no means rare.
--DragonmasterDan

CPTRAVE

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 06:19:57 PM »
I will be visiting another Pawn shop friday lets see if they have the game and see if they charge about the same as the other one which was USD 50.00 for a really bad gold copy. Will let you know, but more than likely I will be buying my copy on ebay.