Author Topic: Nintendo Zapper  (Read 540 times)

CPTRAVE

Nintendo Zapper
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
So recently I hooked up my Nintendo to my plasma and put the game Duck Hunt. Now I am assuming the Zapper still works because I hardly ever ever used it. So started up the game saw the ducks flying around tried to shoot them but they just would not die. Die Ducks Die, ](*,) stop laughing at me dog, now I remember why I would try to shoot the dog. Anyways I heard the shot but no matter how close or far I got to the TV the ducks would not die. Is it because there is something wrong with the Zapper or is it the Type of TV that I am using? Or maybe it is just the Pins in the Nintendo System?  :-k

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Nintendo Zapper
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »
You cant use the zapper with LCD, Plasma, or VGA monitors. You specifically need a old crt.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
Will it mess up the PLASMA? But that is really good to know, thank you. Now I know there is nothing wrong with my Zapper. I will be getting an old CRT soon.  I never thought I would have one of those in my house again.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
If you play retro games you should have a CRT if you care about image quality and things working properly.  That doesn't mean you can't play them on other types of TVs, but they were designed for a CRT with overcan.  

CPTRAVE

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »
OH yeah trying to find a place for it in my house, and tring to break the news to the other half. :-&

soop

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »
Yeah, lightguns don't work on non-CRTs.  That's why I got mine.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »
In that case I will just by the TV and tell the other half when it is already in the house hooked up and ready to go.  :mrgreen:

Ji-L87

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »
Yes, that is the sad truth. Plasma and LCD TVs just doesn't work the way the old ones do, and therefore renders all lightgun peripherals before the wii totally useless.
When I'm rich, I would like to have a "lightgun corner" with consoles dedicated to lightgun gaming.
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

xelement5x

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »
Yes, that is the sad truth. Plasma and LCD TVs just doesn't work the way the old ones do, and therefore renders all lightgun peripherals before the wii totally useless.
When I'm rich, I would like to have a "lightgun corner" with consoles dedicated to lightgun gaming.

You don't have to wait until you're rich!  My local Craigslist seems like it is full of people trying to get rid of decent CRTs for the low low price of free.  Lightgun gaming still lives!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
Just a side note, a lot of "newer" CRT TVs (IE ones made in the early-late 2000s) have seizure protection enabled when a very intense flash occurs. This can cause the flashes generated when a lot of light gun games light up to cause the TV to blink out so as to prevent possible epileptic seizures. You can blame the Pokemon TV show for this "feature".
--DragonmasterDan

Ji-L87

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »

You don't have to wait until you're rich!  My local Craigslist seems like it is full of people trying to get rid of decent CRTs for the low low price of free.  Lightgun gaming still lives!

The problem isn't getting a TV, it's buying more consoles to permanently include in that setup :P
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SMF

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 12:23:41 PM »
The Zapper ain't he only thing, R.O.B. won't work anymore with the newer TVs.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

bob

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
I put home brew channel on my wii with all the NES ROMs. Light gun games work great on HDTV with this set up.
Freedom force...mmmmmm...

Frank_fjs

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 03:59:21 AM »
The Zapper ain't he only thing, R.O.B. won't work anymore with the newer TVs.

Same deal re 3D glasses.

Also, the same peripherals won't work on 100Hz CRT TV's.

Tatsujin

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 04:03:19 AM »
R.O.B. won't work anymore with the newer TVs.

lol, as he ever had really worked.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^