Author Topic: Craigslist TG16?  (Read 990 times)

Sadler

Re: Craigslist TG16?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
Wow that's crazy, I bet that cabinet goes with something like that JAMMA Turbo that BlueBMW picked up a couple of months ago.  If you do meet up with the dude I'd love to see pics.  Heck if you need some extra manpower to move it shoot me a PM and let me know. 

I will for sure post pics if I can get it! :D I might take you up on the man power too! :D I just hope the guy responds, I've seriously never gotten a response from someone on craigslist. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »
Yeah try to get some PICS. Good luck.

Sadler

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
Just heard back from him, he's still got it. :D Gonna try to pick it up this weekend...

djolof

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »
I got lucky last year, finding a Turbo-Duo (CIB) for a great price... you'd be surprised what you can stumble upon if you're patient... Sadler, hope you get that set-up... i'd love to see some pics!

roflmao

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
Just heard back from him, he's still got it. :D Gonna try to pick it up this weekend...

Sweet!  :clap:

Sadler

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »
I got lucky last year, finding a Turbo-Duo (CIB) for a great price... you'd be surprised what you can stumble upon if you're patient... Sadler, hope you get that set-up... i'd love to see some pics!

Random tangent:

djolof

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »

Random tangent: your avatar makes me :lol:

Hey, we all want to slap Joffrey a little bit, haha!

Deletion

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
The most epic Turbob-Craigslist haul ever?

KingDrool

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 05:01:26 PM »
Yeah, I saw this guy posted a TG in my neighborhood.

http://wausau.craigslist.org/vgm/3034061654.html

I sent him an email asking what games.  If it's the usual (Ninja Spirit, KC, TV Sports) he can go smoke a pipe.  But if it's three copies of Magical Chase...... ;)

Probably not.....

Lets see if I ever get a response.

Small world! I'm at my cabin, about twenty minutes from there.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 04:57:38 AM »
I like Craigslist - those who never experienced the frustration of looking for Turbo games in the Nineties can still get a little taste of it.

Isn't there a thread about that sort of experience on Fighting Street right now?
--DragonmasterDan

storino03

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 05:36:49 AM »
People like to combine threads and moan about this or that in other unrelated threads.

vestcoat

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
My comment was on topic. The Fighting Street thread is Alex fussing about sellers renegotiating their asking price for MC. This thread is about why TG16 games are scarce on Craiglist. My point was that TG games, even common ones, are quiet rare compared to their NES/Genesis contemporaries. Many stores never carried TG games and finding a couple of orange-spine Turbochips at a garage sale or thrift store in the Nineties was an incredible stroke of luck. Modern gamers don't understand that. To them the TG is just another search on ebay. Then they go on Craigslist and wonder why games are so scarce in the wild. A reality check is a good thing once in a while.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »
My comment was on topic. The Fighting Street thread is Alex fussing about sellers renegotiating their asking price for MC. This thread is about why TG16 games are scarce on Craiglist. My point was that TG games, even common ones, are quiet rare compared to their NES/Genesis contemporaries. Many stores never carried TG games and finding a couple of orange-spine Turbochips at a garage sale or thrift store in the Nineties was an incredible stroke of luck. Modern gamers don't understand that. To them the TG is just another search on ebay. Then they go on Craigslist and wonder why games are so scarce in the wild. A reality check is a good thing once in a while.

I remember waiting for people to put up for sale messages on the Turbo list and racing to reply before someone else bought up their stuff. That was 90s shopping for Turbo games for me (at least the later part of the 90s).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:30:49 AM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

swiss780

GameFreak

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »
Turbo is a pain to search on CL because people misspell it. You have to look up turbografx turbo grafx turbographics turbo graphics turbopraphfixsx16.........
hehe... true. That used to be the case on ebay several years ago but not so much anymore.