Author Topic: interesting rgb box  (Read 587 times)

SuperDeadite

Re: interesting rgb box
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »
Looks very French.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

grimm

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »
That guy does all sorts of mods on systems he sells in his store, and yes he is from france. He used to do mods on comission but claims he's stopped since his store takes too much time.

Ive bought an RGB-modded 3DO from him in the past, and his website is a nice showcase of mods he's done for various systems. I like that he actually made a new dustflap for the region modded Pal snes, but seems he no longer even widens the slot on those he sells on ebay.

Ji-L87

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »
That looks interesting, too bad it won't work on a Duo.
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 01:44:08 AM »
Looks very appealing to me. It is nicely presented but what do you guys think about the price? Seems I could buy an internally RGB modded system for not much more. Also kind of restricting in that you can't use it for CD based gaming.

Wasn't there someone here, from the UK I believe, who was producing a similar thing (albeit not as well presented) for a lot cheaper?

I bet one of the technical gurus here could whip up the same thing minus the flashy case for around $20. How involved is the RGB amp for a PC Engine?

grimm

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:37:13 AM »
otaku store is abit expensive overall id say..

GohanX

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 06:50:15 AM »
True, but that's still really cool.

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »
I would gladly buy this if I could trust that I'd be able to get component from it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 08:41:24 AM »
That is really f*cking cool. I would never buy it though since its Core-only.

HercTNT

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
I have built several of these, they are not that hard to make. My only problem was sourcing a reliable connector, a problem i still have not fixed. Modifying it to work on a tg16 is as easy as cutting off the tabs on the side of the connector with a hack saw blade. I sent prototype hardware to steve, and surely he could use his encoder chip to add any kind of output you would want on it. If anyone can source the proper connector i could build that very device for much cheaper.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »
I have built several of these, they are not that hard to make. My only problem was sourcing a reliable connector, a problem i still have not fixed. Modifying it to work on a tg16 is as easy as cutting off the tabs on the side of the connector with a hack saw blade. I sent prototype hardware to steve, and surely he could use his encoder chip to add any kind of output you would want on it. If anyone can source the proper connector i could build that very device for much cheaper.

Re the connector, what about using hard drive header plugs? Something along these lines: http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4283.0

If you could whip something like that up at an affordable price, I'd buy it from you in an instant. I'm dying to play my PCE in RGB.

HercTNT

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 07:58:52 AM »
This is what i have made so far, but its not perfect. I have sent prototypes to steve for evaluation. He believes it's workable. I can only build these in composite out. Steve can build them with everything including the kitchen sink. I would be more then willing to help, but if steve wants to take the reigns on this he can add it to his lexicon of services. Such a device can be built to hold every connector you could possibly want. I'm sure if there were enough people interested he might take a look at it.

soop

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 02:34:52 AM »
This is what i have made so far, but its not perfect. I have sent prototypes to steve for evaluation. He believes it's workable. I can only build these in composite out. Steve can build them with everything including the kitchen sink. I would be more then willing to help, but if steve wants to take the reigns on this he can add it to his lexicon of services. Such a device can be built to hold every connector you could possibly want. I'm sure if there were enough people interested he might take a look at it.

I'm definitely interested!  :D

HercTNT

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »
I still dont have a reliable source for a single piece connector. Anyone needing rgb, would need steve to make this thing. Like i said, it would be up to him, and there would have to be enough interest. As far as an rca unit goes, i could make it, but it all hinges on the connector.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »
I've contacted mamejay (he's a member here, local to me and good at console modding) and he reckons he can whip up something similar for a lot cheaper. It won't look as pretty as that expensive eBay one and will be using PC header pins for the connection to the console, but it will provide me with a nice RGB signal so I'm happy.