Author Topic: interesting rgb box  (Read 585 times)

HercTNT

Re: interesting rgb box
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
wipping up an external rca jack really is nothing. I'm not sure about an external rgb hookup. Then again i'm not familiar with rgb. I thought rgb modding was something you needed to do internally. At any rate, the original device i made came in a little black box designed to plug into the back of the TG16 and look official. When you turned on the turbo it also gave you a power light. Steve helped me with the wiring and it worked, sorta. My connector design was just not reliable. one day i hope to change that.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
Re gaining RGB from the expansion port, no modding of the console is required. The PC Engine already outputs an RGB signal, you just need to tap into it and amp it up. Building an external amp isn't that difficult or expensive.

Shadow

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
hi guys, any news concerning this "mod"... I just bought the AV Box, so I will see :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
So...you bought it, but you're asking us for news?

Shadow

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »
yeah, friend of mine sold it... googled it, bought it hoping it would work to my expectation... nobody has it yet?

bought it, to use it on my cores, have 2 core I's which are already "original" rgb from Switzerland/France, but have several white cores around with no cables :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »
I don't think anyone else here bought it since there are much cheaper alternatives, ones that actually work with CD systems.

If you're actually paying in Euros it will make more finiacial sense, but still...not having CDROM2 is a %100 deal breaker for me, personally.

Shadow

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
easy... just wanted to connect my white cores, and for that it serves its purpose...

can you give me a link to the alternative solutions?
www.pcedaisakusen.net

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

soop

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 06:18:03 AM »
I don't think anyone else here bought it since there are much cheaper alternatives, ones that actually work with CD systems.

If you're actually paying in Euros it will make more finiacial sense, but still...not having CDROM2 is a %100 deal breaker for me, personally.

Nah man, I love teh hueys.  It's most of what I own.  I do own a super CD ROM, but If I had to wrap it up and put it away for a year I'd get by.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »
easy... just wanted to connect my white cores, and for that it serves its purpose...

Well, if you just want composite there is already an OEM solution from NEC called the AV Booster. For this price you could even get a CDROM2, or at least a broken one, which also has composite.

For RGB there isn't anything official, but there are many many ways to make and install an RGB amp for about $10 in parts.

This is probably the best solution for people who don't tinker and need RGB, it's just that the price could be better. You can probably get an entire white PCE pre-modded for €80.

Shadow

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »

Well, if you just want composite there is already an OEM solution from NEC called the AV Booster. For this price you could even get a CDROM2, or at least a broken one, which also has composite.

For RGB there isn't anything official, but there are many many ways to make and install an RGB amp for about $10 in parts.

This is probably the best solution for people who don't tinker and need RGB, it's just that the price could be better. You can probably get an entire white PCE pre-modded for €80.

True. I have several AV Boosters, but looking for RGB... well actually have some modded AV Boosters which output RGB, but wanted something just plug and play :)

RGB Amp Mod for $10? well, looks like I have to google it :)

I have enough hardware already, but you can't have enough PCE's :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends