Author Topic: Father beats daughter's rapist to death  (Read 1144 times)

Gogan

Father beats daughter's rapist to death
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:17 AM »
...and wasn't charged. Charged/not charged, I would have done the same thing. These kind of 'people' deserve death. End of story.

http://www.inquisitr.com/259310/texas-jury-does-not-indict-man-who-killed-young-daughters-molester/
Nothin beats the real thing.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Father beats daughter's rapist to death
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06:58 AM »
SOUTHERN JUSTICE.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:14:35 AM »
Thats what I am talking about.  You cannot fix that shit.  Death is what he needed.  More oxygen for the rest of us.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »
Since he beat him while in the act, it's not surprising the guy wasn't charged.  Not that the guy wouldn't deserve it, but it'd be a different story if he'd tracked him down a week later and beat him to death.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 06:38:05 AM »
Since he beat him while in the act, it's not surprising the guy wasn't charged.  Not that the guy wouldn't deserve it, but it'd be a different story if he'd tracked him down a week later and beat him to death.

It shouldn't be..  But, you are most likely correct.  Altho....it has been known to happen...  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117913/  Based on true events.

Gogan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
Right, I don't know anyone that wouldn't pummel the scum in that situation.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »

In Texas?  Probably not!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

NightWolve

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 06:49:49 AM »
Well, he still got a criminal record out of it, that sucks, and his daughter's gotta live with whatever happened (article says the rapist's pants was down, doesn't say if he actually penetrated her).

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 06:55:24 AM »
Well, he still got a criminal record out of it, that sucks, and his daughter's gotta live with whatever happened (article says the rapist's pants was down, doesn't say if he actually penetrated her).
He most likely did..  But, even if not, the intent demanded his death and nothing less.  

EDIT:  Something like this, means you are broken inside.  SOmething is wrong in your head, and there is no fixing it.  Prison time wouldnt make this man a better person for society. 

vestcoat

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »
Notice that the dad immediately regretted beating the guy to the extent that he killed him (it's possible that his concern for the rapist on the 911 call was forced, but I doubt it.) Justified or not, living with a murder on his conscience for the rest of his life is going to f*cking suck. I'd be hard pressed not to do the same thing in the dad's situation, but I would hope that somebody would run in and stop me.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 07:19:58 AM »
Notice that the dad immediately regretted beating the guy to the extent that he killed him (it's possible that his concern for the rapist on the 911 call was forced, but I doubt it.) Justified or not, living with a murder on his conscience for the rest of his life is going to f*cking suck. I'd be hard pressed not to do the same thing in the dad's situation, but I would hope that somebody would run in and stop me.
This is true as well.  Emotion does kinda blind ya and make ya immune to thinking ahead.  But, then again, being the situation, it could go either way I would think.

Gogan

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:23 AM »
Or he spares this f*cks life, said f*ck does his time, gets out and rapes a baby. Now that would suck knowing you could have prevented that, while cleaning up the streets at the same time. Dad should be proud he protected his daughter.

spenoza

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25:25 AM »
I think the man had a right to defend his daughter, but I think it's appropriate that he did have to go through some legal proceedings over the assailant's death. I think no killing is ever truly excused, even when it is deemed justified. I'm fine with him not being indicted, but I'm also glad he was not simply let go off-hand, without even a proper review.

Those who say the assailant was "broken", sure, we know, at present, very little about effective treatment of pedophilia, but jumping straight to death being the only way to deal with such things is quite a leap. There are surely many with those feelings who manage not to act on them, and surely a few who have acted on them who have been, if not mentally, at least behaviorally remediated. And not every abused child is scarred. I heard a great piece on the radio about how telling children they MUST be and certainly are horribly scarred if someone takes advantage of them often does them as much harm as the abuse itself, because it denies them the ability to attempt to control the direction of their life after the abuse.

I don't have an answer for dealing with child sexual abusers. The reason the topic is so contentious is very few people really do have good answers. Those who unilaterally call for death, or locking them up for life, often go too far, as I think those punishments are overused in our society and as such have lost much of their meaning and deterrent effect, and both are also a pretty expensive drain on public funds. But I also don't know what lesser ameliorative options there are. Castration is generally ineffective because the problem is often more about power and obsession than sex. Treatment, thus far, is inadequate to the task, in part because we have so few tools and such poor understanding of the underlying disorders. This isn't helped by the way we socially stigmatize those who have such feelings, even if they are perfectly capable of keeping them in check and not acting upon them. Should we punish folks for thoughts without associated actions? And yet we do, and doing so makes it so much more difficult to find ways to treat or manage the disorder for folks who can't help but act in those impulses.

In a society like America with a justice system that values fairness, protection of rights, and the prevention of cruel and unusual punishment, but which also lacks any real mandate to rehabilitate or remediate, issues like this are incredibly complex.

I understand why so many feel so justified by the father's actions and the man's death, but I also think that the ease with which we accept this as a normal and acceptable response is also troubling. For the father, he gets hit twice. His daughter was sexually abused, but he also killed a man. She's much more likely to have a healthy recovery than he is. Patting him on the back and telling him the attacker deserved to die because he was "broken" isn't going to help the father feel better.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Gogan

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
If the law said that raping a child is punishable only by death, there would be a lot less child rapes. Sounds good to me.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
If the law said that raping a child is punishable only by death, there would be a lot less child rapes. Sounds good to me.

agreed.