Author Topic: shit Gaijin never say  (Read 1639 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: shit Gaijin never say
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »
Or the elderly.  Not everyone will retain maximum squatting power until they die.   I guess on a western toilet if you want to mimic squatting (for the rectum advantages) you could lean a bit forward.

So do Japanese people crap in bidets when they encounter them, thinking they are a toilet?

Tatsujin

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Now at least the title fits.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

termis

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
Or the elderly.  Not everyone will retain maximum squatting power until they die.   I guess on a western toilet if you want to mimic squatting (for the rectum advantages) you could lean a bit forward.

Yeah, but if you've been squatting your entire life, squatting is not such a big deal - even for the elderly their leg muscles are very used to it to the point that they can stay squatting for a long, long time...

This is similar to how lot of Japanese folks - even the elderly ones, can stay in "seiza" position without any issues for the whole time while eating, having a discussion with you, etc... While I could never *comfortably* stay in that position - not even for 10 seconds (I can tolerate it for a couple excruciating minutes...)

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
Yeah, you'll notice a lot of older folks squatting when they rest (farmers and the like). I think if you are used to it it becomes a natural position for you.

As for seiza, I don't know how you get used to it, really... I played Japanese music for years and you have to sit in seiza for hours at a time, and it was always so painful. Even the older ladies complained from time to time. It's actually a great way to sit as far as your back goes, and helps you have perfect posture for singing, playing, etc., but it just murders your legs.

DrBread

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »
This entire thread is hilarious!
I really like video games...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:22 AM »
So do Japanese people crap in bidets when they encounter them, thinking they are a toilet?

No.  They have bidets in Japan, IIRC from the stories my friend who is from Japan tells me.

Plus when you look at a bidet, you can kinda tell its not for poopin' since there is no where for the poop to go.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 10:17:41 AM »
I just Google bidet (second time using Google EVAR) and it they seem to look like western toilets now.  I recall them being very low, squattable things kind of like Japanese toilets.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 04:34:09 PM »
When I was visiting friends in Bulgaria I had to use some crazy toilets like at the beach that were just holes in the ground. And you had to pay some old lady to use it and pay for TP
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Joe Redifer

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »
I would supply a steaming pile near her feet as payment.

SamIAm

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 03:04:57 AM »
On the squatting toilets:

I think I saw a picture once illustrating how a long time ago, when Japanese were basically shitting in a hole cut in planks of wood laid over a large pit, there would be a rope hanging down from the ceiling. When the time came, you'd grip the rope and your arms would hold your weight, rather than your legs. That makes things much more workable for the elderly and disabled.

Tatsujin

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 03:08:21 AM »
and disabled.

as long they still got their arms.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 03:35:05 AM »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

esteban

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 02:14:18 AM »
I am actually shocked that many of you feign ignorance of squatting whilst here in the States/Canada. Have you never used a public restroom? Do you actually allow your tender, clean flesh to touch the lid of Sodom? I don't care if you put wax paper/sanitary tissue on the lid. That's sanitary theatre.

I squat all the time now, even at home. The weirdest part, for me, was "facing forward" (penis/vagina towards flush handle). Once I got used to that, however, I never looked back.

|    | 

Chuplayer

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 02:59:58 AM »
The weirdest part, for me, was "facing forward" (penis/vagina towards flush handle). Once I got used to that, however, I never looked back.

Reverse cowgirl?

esteban

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »
The weirdest part, for me, was "facing forward" (penis/vagina towards flush handle). Once I got used to that, however, I never looked back.

Reverse cowgirl?

Yes, though I prefer the term "Spread Eagle Cowgirl".
  |    |