Author Topic: Auction - FS Games with mans and cases |* before ebay.  (Read 2464 times)

vestcoat

Re: Auction - FS Games with mans and cases |* before ebay.
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »
Feeling good about ignoring Swiss's offer to buy my TG Encyclopedia.

SMF

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
maybe my prices where high maybe i over calculated but dont be all haters and shit.just  tell me, dont say it like dicks give me respect. you want respect then you get talked to on the same level as you talked to me.. seems fair?

I thought thats what i did when i replied to your FS/Trade thread.

I said this.......
WOW REALLY? Last time i checked this aint ebay. There is not a single game out of the 14 your selling that is even rare. Also a TG16 asking $75? Total $225 Sounds like gouging to me and maybe just maybe your trying to recoup what you spent for this bundle.

you might get trade offers but i dont see anyone here paying $150 for common games. Not when TV SPorts and Keith Courage are 2 of the 14 that can be had for free or under $5.00.

But goodluck to you, Like they say a fool and his money are soon parted.

CPTRAVE said this... Yeah that sounds a tad high, maybe included is Bonk 3, nope do not see it oh well.

You follow up with........Who cares what you think.

Hmmmm need i say more, But what do i know im just a fat old fag ahahahah fagget (your words)
And yet your sitting there talking about respect. Hard to get respect when you dont give it.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44:36 PM »
maybe my prices where high maybe i over calculated but dont be all haters and shit.just  tell me, dont say it like dicks give me respect. you want respect then you get talked to on the same level as you talked to me.. seems fair?

You do not deserve respect.  That crap you had in your signature was uncalled for, and beyond disrespectful.  This all started from how YOU responded to a few people letting you know about your asking prices.  So, we did "just tell you".  YOU sir were the one that acted like a dick with the whole "Who cares what you think" comment. Seems to me that it was you, that started throwing the disrespect around.  But, I don't expect to get any sort of intelligent response from you.  I am not even going to bother with it anymore.  I was mad about it for a bit, then I thought about it some.  I can't get mad at you...that would be like getting mad at a retarded person.  So, I just had it fixed. 

With all that said..  I still feel like there is room for you here and your gaming collection.  I mean damn man, we all share the same passion, the TG16.  That is why we are here right?  Our only thing, is that we try to keep the prices in the community at less than eBay prices.  It only helps us all in the end.   

soop

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »
With all that said..  I still feel like there is room for you here and your gaming collection.  I mean damn man, we all share the same passion, the TG16.  That is why we are here right?  Our only thing, is that we try to keep the prices in the community at less than eBay prices.  It only helps us all in the end.   

Holy shit, are you serious?  You would actually trust this guy after he shows just what kind of guy he is?  I don't want him banned, but as far as anything other than laughing at him, he's blacklisted as far as I'm concerned.

esteban

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »

Holy shit, are you serious?  You would actually trust this guy after he shows just what kind of guy he is?  I don't want him banned, but as far as anything other than laughing at him, he's blacklisted as far as I'm concerned.

Like bernie, I hope that folks can contribute/be involved in conversations, even if they are filthy profiteers.

It doesn't mean it will be easy for me to trust the fellow, but I appreciate bernie's sentiment: at the very least it opens up some possibilities.

|    | 

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bardoly

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2012, 05:50:30 AM »
I know that I'm a new member of this community, but after reading all of the angst in this thread, I feel compelled to speak up.

I understand and share the disgruntlement that we 'gamers' feel towards all of the 'collectors' and re-sellers out there who continue to drive prices up, but there's no need to castigate someone who needs some money, has some stuff to sell, and offers it to a smaller segment of the public before offering it to the general public.  If the seller's prices are too high, then why ridicule and antagonize him?  Just ignore him.  I mean, if Best Buy is selling a new Wii game that you want to purchase for $39 and Target is selling it for $89, then do you go protest in front of Target?  No, you go purchase it at Best Buy, and you ignore Target.  It's the same principle here.

If someone needs some $ and feels that he can get $X from eBay.  I don't see a problem with him posting up his for sale list here before listing it on eBay as long as the posting is made appropriately.  Example:

"I have some extra games that I'm looking to sell.  After researching online, I feel that if I list these on eBay, then I can probably get the following amounts for each after deducting eBay's seller's fee.  Each game comes with HuCard, Instruction Manual, and Jewel Case and is in good shape.

$X - Game title
$X - Game title
$X - Game title
$X - Game title
$X - Game title

If anyone is looking for any (or all) of these games at the price that I listed, then please PM within the next 7 days, because anything let after then will go to eBay.  I am also open to offers but, as previously stated, I feel that I can probably get around the price that I listed, and I really need the funds, so I may not be able to discount very much.

Thank you for your interest in my FS thread."

If a seller were to post the above example here, I don't feel that it would be appropriate to beat him over the head, saying things like, "Your prices are too high!  Stop gouging!  You're an idiot if you expect to get that much!" etc...  A little civility can go a long way.

I appreciate any member who makes a FS thread here, even if the prices are above what I'm currently willing (or able) to pay.  I mean, current WTB threads far outnumber current FS threads here 29 to 9, maybe that's an indication that perceived market value in this community is lower than actual market value?  (I'm not trying to start a fire here, but I'm just wondering.)  I'm totally willing to join a community and even have 'member discounts', but that doesn't mean that everyone should be required to do so.

...my $0.02

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »
Well, your .02 is certainly appreciated.  However, it was not his prices that caused all this.  It was his reaction and things he said afterwards.  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:57:36 AM by Bernie »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2012, 06:00:50 AM »
If the seller's prices are too high, then why ridicule and antagonize him?  Just ignore him.

Seeing as this is a community, it's entirely appropriate to warn other members of attempts at gouging, and this thread didn't turn ugly until after he responded with a hearty 'f*ck you' to those that said his pricing was off.

I mean, if Best Buy is selling a new Wii game that you want to purchase for $39 and Target is selling it for $89, then do you go protest in front of Target?  No, you go purchase it at Best Buy, and you ignore Target.  It's the same principle here.

Not even close to the same.  This is not a retail store where public discussion has little to no place - this is a forum with the sole purpose of public discussion; if you want one way communication (or none at all), stick to eBay.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bardoly

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
If the seller's prices are too high, then why ridicule and antagonize him?  Just ignore him.

Seeing as this is a community, it's entirely appropriate to warn other members of attempts at gouging, and this thread didn't turn ugly until after he responded with a hearty 'f*ck you' to those that said his pricing was off.

Actually, if you read the first 2 posts made right after this thread was started, you can already see the antagonism starting.

First response post:
WOW REALLY? Last time i checked this aint ebay. There is not a single game out of the 14 your selling that is even rare. Also a TG16 asking $75? Total $225 Sounds like gouging to me and maybe just maybe your trying to recoup what you spent for this bundle.

you might get trade offers but i dont see anyone here paying $150 for common games. Not when TV SPorts and Keith Courage are 2 of the 14 that can be had for free or under $5.00.

Second response post:
Yeah that sounds a tad high, maybe included is Bonk 3, nope do not see it oh well. :|

It seems as though the responses are meant to belittle the TC's prices (and the TC himself to some extent).

I am NOT defending the TC's descent into incivility as well as not defending the attacks made against him.  What I AM for, instead, is a return to courtesy.  If you don't like the prices that something is being sold for, then either ignore it or make an offer (and not an offer that is ridiculously below market value).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
Whatever.  We clearly disagree on whether or not it's appropriate to use a forum for speaking your mind.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

420GOAT

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2012, 06:23:36 AM »
there was a history before this thread. its good people get called out here. i kinda saw this coming. there are a lot of turbo hungry folks here and some try to take advantage...one thing i hate is no prices and the f*cken "make offers" that shit sucks. youll offer then they say well he was higher....how the f*ck do i know that? people play this little game with vw shit too so i am tired of some of those f*cks. just name your f*cken price!! But Swiss's attitude has kinda been a bit shady from the start.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

SMF

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2012, 06:45:43 AM »

Actually, if you read the first 2 posts made right after this thread was started, you can already see the antagonism starting.

First response post:

Second response post:
Yeah that sounds a tad high, maybe included is Bonk 3, nope do not see it oh well. :|

It seems as though the responses are meant to belittle the TC's prices (and the TC himself to some extent).

I am NOT defending the TC's descent into incivility as well as not defending the attacks made against him.  What I AM for, instead, is a return to courtesy.  If you don't like the prices that something is being sold for, then either ignore it or make an offer (and not an offer that is ridiculously below market value).

Yes i did call him out on his asking prices, I seen his pricing was off and told him he wasnt gonna get what he was asking for. Considering in his original post he said he only purchased the lot for 1 rare game. but maybe he would get trade offers and good luck to him. I wasnt starting a mob to banish him just if he wanted ebay prices he should go there.

The people in the forums give great deals on games even rare games. So yea we all are gonna be calling someone out for high asking prices when almost all of us are in it to enjoy the games at a reasonable cost.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

vestcoat

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2012, 08:31:22 AM »
"After researching online, I feel that if I list these on eBay, then I can probably get the following amounts for each after deducting eBay's seller's fee."
Ebay price research is not a neutral way of determining value because ebay prices are insane. You should come to grips with this fact quickly because it's a common point of contention between newcomers and old-timers around here. Anyone who shows up posting ebay prices is quickly told to GTFO. PCEFX is not the only community that does this.

You're also overlooking one BIG difference between a wannabe seller like Swiss and retailers like Target - Target doesn't come around here asking us how much things are worth, how to repair its systems, and how to complete its collection. Like I said before, Swiss entered a raffle for Air Zonk the same day he posted this sale, for christ sake. Benefiting from the help and goodwill of others builds relationships; building relationships opens a person up to criticism. Anyone who can't tolerate criticism is perfectly welcome to f*ck off, go back to ebay/racketboy/gamefaqs, and not ask us for help.

That said, you do have a point: there was a level of trolling in those first two responses and there certainly have been sellers with first-post sale threads who've been run out of town when a little civility might have shown them the light. Swiss isn't one of them.

vestcoat

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
Here's the OP. Notice that $150 was only the RESERVE - he expected us to bid for this.