Author Topic: Auction - FS Games with mans and cases |* before ebay.  (Read 2457 times)

DarkKobold

Re: Auction - FS Games with mans and cases |* before ebay.
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
I know that I'm a new member of this community, but after reading all of the angst in this thread, I feel compelled to speak up.

I'm glad you spoke up, I agree with most of your post. This forum seems slightly plagued with the idea that all turbo games should be guaranteed cheap, and that anyone who spends more than what they feel is a reasonable price, is "the enemy."

That said, this guy was being an a$$hole across the forums. He was asking for rock-bottom prices on TG stuff, and then turning around to resell for a boat load of cash. Yeah, people were slightly antagonistic at first, but he started the cussing and total meltdown of this topic.
Hey, you.

tpivette

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2012, 03:01:47 PM »
honestly, this thread should be closed. Its obvious how both sides feel, and the OP isnt going to sell his stuff in this thread, nor are forum members going to buy anything from him

I think the point has been made...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
Well since this forum is almost unmoderrated, we have to keep the riff-raff out somehow
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

soop

« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2012, 03:10:30 PM »
Depending on how big the box is, and the percentage of cornflakes, this could be a great deal!

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:22 PM »
Some of these new guys just dont get it.  We do not expect elcheapo prices.  I mean damn.  But whatever.

Sparky

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
Close this thread? Or ignore this guy and what he is doing?...guys come on.......

look we may seem harsh but we mean well, this is the only haven where fair prices exist and deals are to be found, also how many forums do you see that raffle off the amount of stuff this place does? This is a good place with good people.

We are passionate about our beloveded TG/Cd/duo and pce and will defend prices and destroy gougers.... Why can't we defend what we love and enjoy to play..... Look at us as positive as without this place eBay/ racket boy and others would set stupid standards on the value of the games and consoles we love.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
Congratulations Swiss780! You're up for your Official PCEFX Six-Week Evaluation!

Let's see how you're doing. Areas for improvement are marked in red!

The Lifespan of a PCEFX Reseller:
1) Noob intro, typically in a WTB thread.
2) Claims to be a collector, but doesn't know what anything is worth, or which CD setup to buy.
3) Asks for help fixing shit.
4) Asks for help in the form of appraisals: One, Two
5) Asks for help completing U.S. collection. (Not explicitly, but you ARE looking for Magical Chase.)
6) Asks for help getting good deals:
One +5 BONUS Points - Requested WTB items in someone else's WTB thread!
Two
Three
7) Demands CIB games (OH NO! You asked for LOOSE hueys! Better fix this.)
8 ) Impatient, overpays for crap on ebay, writes down amounts paid.
9) Decides to sell TG items to get out of debt or collect something else.
10) Has an "a$$hole f*cked me over sale". Bases prices on amounts originally paid, not reality.
11) Defends gouging prices. Accuses the community that helped in stages #3-6 of suddenly becoming a$$holes. (same link)

Bonus Points:
*Majority of posts in sales forum: +1
*Inflated price quotes from rarityguide.com: +1
*Inflated price quotes from Ebay: +1
*Entered two raffles (Air Zonk, Time Cruise): +2
*Offered forums members $60 for loose Bonk 3, later argued that it's worth $95!: +4
*"Suck it Trebek": +1
*Claimed TG16 sellers deserve 10-20% profit margin: +1

Career Highlight:
Defending gouging prices on the same day of entering Air Zonk raffle: +8!

LMAO I LOVE THIS, This should be a thread all its own lol.

This is awesome. What a douche. :D
END OF LINE.

8bitForLife

« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2012, 12:54:12 PM »
hey i points but i was a newb ;p I have been trying.

Btw wtb magical chase cib
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »
WTB WONDER MOMO!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2012, 05:46:28 AM »
Congratulations Swiss780! You're up for your Official PCEFX Six-Week Evaluation!

Let's see how you're doing. Areas for improvement are marked in red!

The Lifespan of a PCEFX Reseller:
1) Noob intro, typically in a WTB thread.
2) Claims to be a collector, but doesn't know what anything is worth, or which CD setup to buy.
3) Asks for help fixing shit.
4) Asks for help in the form of appraisals: One, Two
5) Asks for help completing U.S. collection. (Not explicitly, but you ARE looking for Magical Chase.)
6) Asks for help getting good deals:
One +5 BONUS Points - Requested WTB items in someone else's WTB thread!
Two
Three
7) Demands CIB games (OH NO! You asked for LOOSE hueys! Better fix this.)
8 ) Impatient, overpays for crap on ebay, writes down amounts paid.
9) Decides to sell TG items to get out of debt or collect something else.
10) Has an "a$$hole f*cked me over sale". Bases prices on amounts originally paid, not reality.
11) Defends gouging prices. Accuses the community that helped in stages #3-6 of suddenly becoming a$$holes. (same link)

Bonus Points:
*Majority of posts in sales forum: +1
*Inflated price quotes from rarityguide.com: +1
*Inflated price quotes from Ebay: +1
*Entered two raffles (Air Zonk, Time Cruise): +2
*Offered forums members $60 for loose Bonk 3, later argued that it's worth $95!: +4
*"Suck it Trebek": +1
*Claimed TG16 sellers deserve 10-20% profit margin: +1

Career Highlight:
Defending gouging prices on the same day of entering Air Zonk raffle: +8!

LMAO I LOVE THIS, This should be a thread all its own lol.

This is awesome. What a douche. :D

Superb. Simply superb.

|    | 

vestcoat

« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2012, 06:52:32 AM »
Thanks. The great thing is that anyone's posts can be hyperlinked into the list and it can be reused. It was inspired by Royvegas and JohnnyBlaze, I wrote it for Kamiboy, and months later I dug it up for the Swiss debacle and it fit him like a glove.

esteban

« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2012, 10:25:15 PM »
Thanks. The great thing is that anyone's posts can be hyperlinked into the list and it can be reused. It was inspired by Royvegas and JohnnyBlaze, I wrote it for Kamiboy, and months later I dug it up for the Swiss debacle and it fit him like a glove.

Ha! Even better.

TANGENT: I know that folks will skewer me for this, but did anyone save the information that RoyVegas compiled when he was building his collection? He had a basic website with photos of all the TG-16 software + items that would make each release  "complete". It seemed like he did a thorough job (and the photos were of decent quality...not as artistic as I would have liked, but utilitarian). I would recycle all of that stuff as a resource for folks. I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time, but kept forgetting .

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:35 AM »
.... did anyone save the information that RoyVegas compiled when he was building his collection?

Ask Roy himself.  Last I knew the photos were still online and the links to 'em worked.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Dreamstate

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2012, 03:24:10 AM »
I have them all.  I talked with him about letting me archive it.  I plan to get a website up at some point with the pictures and trying to give similar information on other systems of the same era that are also not well documented.  (Sega CD, 3DO, Jaguar).  I would need his approval to send them out since I only got his permission to use them as described.
Check out my feedback.  I am Dreamstate on
Digitpress, AtariAge, NintendoAge, Sega-16, GameTZ, Racketboy
And Sir_Dreamstate on Ebay

vestcoat

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »
His "TurboGrafx CollectingBragging Reference" seems to still be online, but can't be freely browsed without a password. I stumbled across this a while back while googling "turbografx cleaning kit":
http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/royvegas/?action=view&current=TheEliminatorTurbografxCleaningKit.jpg&sort=ascending

He had a basic website with photos of all the TG-16 software + items that would make each release  "complete".

It's not much of a reference. It's just pictures everything roy happened to buy during his three-month Turbogasm and most of his shit wasn't actually complete. IIRC, he was missing the Players' Stats book and most of the posters and stickers that originally came with games. He had some rare items, like a TG16 display book, but lacked common things like the Stack Rack.

I know that folks will skewer me for this, but did anyone save the information that RoyVegas compiled when he was building his collection?

I would need his approval to send them out since I only got his permission to use them as described.

Well, to skewer both of you a little bit, I say let that f*cker rot. Don't fan his ego by turning his half-assed, former collection into a monument. Considering it was the only thing he ever did that might be construed as beneficial to the community, it's pretty safe to say he was simply showcasing of his personal collection. It was his chance to publicly throw his slab on the ruler for fifteen minutes and fetishize his money spent before selling everything off and profiting on our hobby. If he'd ever actually been interested in creating a comprehensive reference he would have invited contributions and/or asked permission to use photos of others' rarities. It's also important to remember that deleting his precious gift to the community was an attempt to give us the finger after criticizing his gouging. f*ck him.