Author Topic: Which AC adapters can I use for a pc engine?  (Read 238 times)

Drakon

Which AC adapters can I use for a pc engine?
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »
Hey I recently bought a pc engine but it doesn't come with an ac adapter.  I have a lot of famicom ac adapters and I was wondering if these would work with it.
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

Keith Courage

Re: Which AC adapters can I use for a pc engine?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »
A pc engine uses a 9v ac adapter around 700-800ma. Just check your ac adapter to see if it is 9V. The ma rating can be higher without causing any damage so it could even be 1000ma or 1200ma. Just can't have a higher voltage.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
Assuming you have either the original Japanese white PC Engine, or a Core Grafx I/II, a Famicom PSU will work fine. A Master System I/II or Mega Drive I PSU will also do the job.

Drakon

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 11:44:38 PM »
Thanks fred durst / frank.  The one I bought is indeed the original white model.  The famicom brick outputs 10v.  Does the pc engine use the 7805 power regulator like the nes / snes / sega genesis?  If so the 7805 can take anything up to around 12 / 13 v and will always bring it down to exactly 5v.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:37:25 AM by Drakon »

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

ApolloBoy

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »
Does the pc engine use the 7805 power regulator like the nes / snes / sega genesis?
It does indeed.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Drakon

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
Does the pc engine use the 7805 power regulator like the nes / snes / sega genesis?
It does indeed.

Great, now just need for my pc engine and turbo everdrive to show up.