Author Topic: Ouya game console?  (Read 3383 times)

RegalSin

Re: Ouya game console?
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 12:00:44 PM »
Cell phone emulator + TV out = this game console

nodtveidt

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
why donate?  it's already funded, and the developer tier is sold out.
It wasn't when I actually posted that. :P

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »
You sure about that?

The developer tier was sold out when I posted about it on Monday the 16th on a different forum, and that was in the AM, so I'd venture to guess it was sold out a day or so prior...
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

storino03

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
Cell phone emulator + TV out = this game console

I was thinking the same thing. A lot of phones/tablets will have the same or slightly better quad cpus by the time this gets released (if it meets the release date). People just want to root for the unique, different device out there and hopefully it creates a stir in the gaming community.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2012, 03:16:36 AM »
I was thinking the same thing. A lot of phones/tablets will have the same or slightly better quad cpus by the time this gets released (if it meets the release date). People just want to root for the unique, different device out there and hopefully it creates a stir in the gaming community.

Its because there is this steady wave of f*ckin' "revolutionists" that think its cool to "overthrow" Microsoft and Sony...

.....by slapping a tablet in a box and calling it new.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:31 PM »
Hmm, some sort of "optimized" version of Final Fantasy 3 is apparently launching with the Ouya, I wonder what the future holds for Square & the Ouyo.  Give me a new(& decent) Mana, & another Chrono game please!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ouya-launching-with-final-fantasy-iii-6389396

Nando

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 02:49:59 AM »
Hmm, some sort of "optimized" version of Final Fantasy 3 is apparently launching with the Ouya, I wonder what the future holds for Square & the Ouyo.  Give me a new(& decent) Mana, & another Chrono game please!

The onlive and Square/Enix support is a good business bit going for them. I'm surprised EA hasn't announced anything, then again, I haven't really been looking.

soop

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 04:04:04 AM »

The onlive and Square/Enix support is a good business bit going for them. I'm surprised EA hasn't announced anything, then again, I haven't really been looking.

EA probably saw the words "Free games" and nailed that coffin shut.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 04:23:57 AM »

sweet.

more games I already played.

grimm

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:34 AM »
I actually backed this with a $99 pledge ($119 since im in Europe). Since im not interested in phones, adapters and that stuff this would be a good sollution for me to play Android-based games. Plus i like the concept a lot, the free to hack aproach etc.. Its more than you can say for the big three. They pretty much will shut down second hand games for good with the next generation consoles. Not to mention locking each game to just one account. Ive got ps ps2 and ps3, but there prolly wont be a ps4 for me.

RegalSin

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »
If I was a blind man, and I can't feel something I brought, then their is no point in buying it. Whatever I buy better have a case, or body itself, or some container. Buying downloads is the most stupidest joke, ever concieved.

For them to charge $5.00 for something, is like back in the 1980's when people stopped buying suits and wearing tee-shirts because of local advertisment on the
red-carpet. Then suits prices, sky rocketed. Suits was a normal thing men wore, but
not after the 1980's. With media, when you buy something it must have a body.
It is not the same as going to the teathers, with a big screen, and popcorn. It is
like buying nothing out of thin air.

Wake up cheapo, your being jacked.

Square just does want to print anymore CD's. They do not care anymore, it is just about keeping the fire lite. I 100% do not understand how people play these devices. Just like Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot original is on the ipad, many other

PORTS

Will also be on board. Lets be realistic, Crash is a PSX generation 1 game, it was out with Bug, and Spyro alongside it. Here comes a bunch of releases being brought to people who would never thought to buy a game system or remember what one is.

Next fact

Young people do not have any money

They get money from their parents, and the only way for them to order new content, is by having a gift card ( which usually have leftover money, afterwards.

No more second hand gaming, means no more collecting, no more value

Why is this the most important thing for us to understand,

BECAUSE WHEN A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE DIE IN A PLANE CRASH, WHO WILL CLAIM THEIR ACCOUNTS?

It is like when my family member, died they had an $800 three bedroom apartment with long kitchen. Not one of the family members took it over, they just gave the damn thing back to the landlord. The place is probably in the $1500-2500 range right now.

However this is worst, now nobody will give a damn, whatsoever. It is like PSO, items,
or DAD items. You just brought something that was presented to you inside of program. It does not exsist whatsoever.

The same with UV. UV is non-exsistant.

EXAMPLE

I have tons of comic books, and one of them came from a WWII, who was stationed in Japan. Think about it, a person from a war buying a comic book to read, vs a person in a war who brought a comic book on their Iphone. It has no value, at all. It is just for a limited amount of time.

Remember the term "Don't copy that floppy" this is that same exact term all over, again, but they figure people are too stupid, to just download the game on to a computer and transfer it to another device. With programs being networked, like Alcohol 120% for example, it can report a bad version, and then blacklist you, like
with X-box users.

..................................................................................................

esteban

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »

No more second hand gaming, means no more collecting, no more value

Why is this the most important thing for us to understand,

BECAUSE WHEN A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE DIE IN A PLANE CRASH, WHO WILL CLAIM THEIR ACCOUNTS?

It is like when my family member, died they had an $800 three bedroom apartment with long kitchen. Not one of the family members took it over, they just gave the damn thing back to the landlord. The place is probably in the $1500-2500 range right now.

I love your examples. I, too, am concerned about the loss of digital information/virtual property (e-mail, online accounts, on-line subscriptions) when planes full of people crash.

Well, RegalSin, to be fair, this can be solved if digital items are allowed to be transferred/sold/traded to new owners.

I'm mostly talking about traditional media items (songs, films, games, novels, etc.), but I suppose it could (should?) be extended to all virtual ownership rights.

The following option should be available from service providers:

In the event of my death/permanent state of vegetation, please transfer authority to access my account to ____RegalSin@aol.com____.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:49:24 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
I went into a local GameStop (I know, I know... how could I?) and they had a poster up with the Ouya on it for $99 or $149 with controller pre-orders.

That this was interesting...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
It comes with one controller standard, so the $149 would be with a second one.

I kinda liked the idea of this at first (at least it was cheap), but I think it's a joke now that they're planning to release a new, updated console annually.  Assuming game makers take advantage of the extra power, you'll end up spending just as much on a ouya platform than what you'd spend on a Wii U/PS4/720 over their ~8 year life span.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

futureman2000

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
Every year? Goofy. I was into this at first too, but I soured on it after looking at the controller. It seemed like the perfect little emulator box to hook up to the tv, but that only works if the controller is awesome.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!