Author Topic: Family Guy/The Simpsons  (Read 480 times)

KnightWarrior

Family Guy/The Simpsons
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
Amyone watch both show??

I have The Simpsons on DVD Season 1-10

While I watch Family Guy on Cartoon Network

RegalSin

Re: Family Guy/The Simpsons
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 02:58:13 AM »
Family guy was cool at first, but after awhile, it just seems unfun, and being an artist is kinda hard to look at. Lets take the episode where they went threw the world of animation, until they entered planet of the dogs. Personally Quagmire is my favorite character, but yet again, the whole entire show is unwatchable.

Simpsons was brilliant, until they started to use 3d animation, I mean oh great now we do not need Korean artists anymore, lets pile drive their society with western pop music. That is pretty much it, for the Simpsons. Was a great show back when it originally a small skit on that show ( not living color, or Saturday Night but that other show ). and was great during the NES days,
otherwise, I barely even look at Simpsons.

..............and sometimes Futurama.
Futurama has all of those new effects, that are utilized in the 3d, simpsons, but it has allways had those effects. Also Futurama, is so auwsome in comparison to the Simpsons, or Family guy.
I out grew the Simpsons along time ago, and Family guy is too many years too late.

I would also like to note, American Dad. Seriously American dad would be just perfect, if the housewife had a good haircut. I mean seriously I hate her hair so much. They even had an episode about it. But when they have American Dad and his Son, does something it is a good show to watch.

To keep things short I watch South Park............ and Sally Silverman show. TV watching is kind of a waste of time, for me. I do not have a stable enough work/Job to watch television like that anymore. Just my South Park will do me, and Maybe some Rob Schrob.

Speaking of SCUD:The disposable Assasin, The creator of Earthworm Jim is still kicking.

soop

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »
I agree with Regal, until American Dad, where it started getting weird again.

bartre

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »
f*ck YES SCUD.
love that comic.

as for the other stuffs, yeah, both of them have made me stop caring over the last 5 or so years.
American dad, on the other hand has gotten much better.
now the cleveland show, that shit's just, well, shit.

storino03

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
Despite what people say, saying that Family Guy is a bunch of tried and true joking/unoriginal bantar, I still like it. It always feels fresh and I like how random some of the jokes end up being, even if the jokes themselves are reused. The writers do a good enough job imo making the show unique enough for me.

Simpsons, on the other hand, none of the newer episodes beat the classics from the 90s. It slowly has lost it's charm over the last 5-10 years, where it became more popular with the Simpsons movie in 2006 (?) I think it was. Can't remember exactly.

American Dad is a different breed that is slowly growing on me but isn't quite there yet. The jokes are done differently with a more mature execution.

Cleveland Show, I honestly can't really stand. It's like his son from Family Guy got fat and has a high voice. It seems bizarre, but people like it. If there's nothing else on, I would watch it, but it's not in my top 5 animated shows to watch.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
As far as my wife n' I can narrow it down, it seems like around 2002 when the Simpson's really went downhill, & we just stopped watching new episodes. 

Family Guy kinda goes back n forth for me.  Obviously it can be riddled with potty humor, of which does little to nothing for me.  But, there are episodes that put a lid on the potty humor, pun intended, & I think are genuinely funny & interesting.  The main one that comes to mind is IIRC called Road to Germany.  But as a whole, I'm a bit tired of the series, as I am with Simpsons, except Simsons managed to last alot longer in general until it stopped being funny for me.

soop

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:41 AM »
Here's a template for every episode of family guy ever:

Peter f*cks something up.

Along the way:
"remember when [obscure american celebrity] [random thing]?" x 12
Stewie tries to kill Lois
"LOW-ASS"

Then Peter fixes everything again in a very unlikely scenario.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 04:08:18 AM »
Here's a template for every episode of family guy ever:

Peter f*cks something up.

Along the way:
"remember when [obscure american celebrity] [random thing]?" x 12
Stewie tries to kill Lois
"LOW-ASS"

Then Peter fixes everything again in a very unlikely scenario.

Don't forget Brian then tries to do something and fails and deals with the meaning of life.

I agree with most of you guys here.  Family Guy is funny from time to time, but Simpsons has lost alot over the years.  The classic episodes were done so well, and now...

I've enjoyed all of Futurama tho, that show constantly delivers.  :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 04:17:57 AM »
Family Guy has seriously dropped in quality from its original 3 seasons til now. That's not the say the show isn't funny, there's occasionally great cutaways, flashbacks and musical numbers. But the series has definitely lost its consistency, edge, and overall quality over the years with the biggest dropoff being when it returned after several years of cancellation.

The Simpsons is up and down in quality, it has never reverted to the same show it was in the late 90s, but who would expect that it would. It still delivers a decent quality show most episodes even after all these years, despite increasingly outlandish premises.
--DragonmasterDan

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
I agree that Simpsons and Family Guy ain't what they used to be, but I still enjoy 'em - the worst episode from either is still waaaaay more entertaining than American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, or any similarly popular tripe.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RegalSin

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »
While it is not a cartoon, King Of the Hill has grown on me over the years. I mean seriously everything in that animation is done so great.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »
I'm down on both as well, though I would still watch either.

Just a rehash of what most have said.

Family guy doesn't really have a point and some of the jokes just go out of the way to offend but when they hit they hit.

The South Park episode making fun of it summed it up pretty well.

Simpsons has lost its wow factor for sure, but I mean it was A+ quality for 15+ years or whatever not many if any other shows can claim that.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

soop

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
So what do you guys watch?  At the moment, my lineup is pretty much:
Don't trust the B**** in apartment 23
Greek
The Walking Dead
*How I met your Mother
*Big Bang Theory
*Criminal minds

The ones marked * are on so frequently, that I've ploughed through them and rarely see a new episode these days.  Also Greek just finished over here and wrapped around to the start, but I didn't catch the start the first time.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 06:00:06 AM »
I still like the two shows mentioned in this thread, shows that are current that I watch though I am behind on a few

Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Archer
Modern Family
Always Sunny

I think I am only current on the top 2 though.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

DrBread

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 06:05:44 AM »
In recent years i stopped watching television. But when i did i always like Family guy more even though it got kinda monotonous by the end of it. Simpsons i just never could find funny.

Currently i watch:
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Trailer Park Boys

and...
Random animes
I really like video games...