Author Topic: Family Guy/The Simpsons  (Read 479 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: Family Guy/The Simpsons
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »
What? No IT crowd in anyone's list? I still watch the older Simpsons episodes as they are still great to this day. As for Family Guy, its becoming increasingly unfunny. I do find the new Beavis and Butthead and Futurama episodes pretty good though..

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
What? No IT crowd in anyone's list? I still watch the older Simpsons episodes as they are still great to this day. As for Family Guy, its becoming increasingly unfunny. I do find the new Beavis and Butthead and Futurama episodes pretty good though..

I watched the IT crowd 1 time if its an old British show and I liked it.

I liked the new Beavis and Buttheads, but I would think that it is probably the cutoff point for TV I like, it just made it.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
I currently watch:
Naruto Shippudden(though, it's no longer on tv, so I track it down online)
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Green Lantern Animated Series
Young Justice
Star Wars Clone Wars
Falling Skies
Law & Order SVU
NCIS
NCIS LA
CSI
CSI NY(got tired of Miami)
Burn Notice
Alphas
Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes...which is being rebooted :P
Thundercats(the new one)
Transformers Prime
The Office(not as funny as it used to be, but it has it's moments)

That's all I can think of at the moment.  There's probably a few more cartoons I watch that I'm forgetting.

soop

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 10:29:13 PM »
Yeah, I like Burn Notice - and Human Target too, but I think they're off-air here.  Either that or my Media Center has decided to ignore them.  The IT crowd is great too :)

And Thudercats and cartoons etc

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10:34 AM »
It's off the air there?  That stinks, we've been having new episodes lately.

Also, we've been watching Quantum Leap recently.  I grew up with it, but my wife never saw much of it, & now she's obsessed with it.  Unfortunately, we started somewhere in season 5, & then it went back to season 1.  Then, around the end of season 1/begining of season 2, G4 became a subscription only channel for us :P  I'll have to see if it's on Hulu or something & stream it from my PS3 from hear on out.

esteban

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »
Family Guy is crappagio. This is coming from someone who watches utter dreck like __________ (see below).

What? No IT crowd in anyone's list?

I watched the entire season (or two or three?) that was available on Netflix last year.

I wasn't immediately bowled over by IT Crowd, but it certainly grew on me and by the third episode I liked it. I've watched way too much British television to resist the formulaic nature of the show... (For example, I've seen every episode of "Are you being served?"...formulaic is being polite...)

Anyway, I don't watch any TV that you folks would admit to watching (guilty pleasures advancing!) :

(1) Real Housewives of NJ (sorry!). Housewives of NJ is literally my backyard so I love seeing what locations they filmed stuff at.

(2) Cake Boss. Same as above. Nearly the entire cast live in my town (East Hanover). I love trying to figure out the locations (not many in my town, per se, but most are in northern Jersey).

(3) Toddlers and Tiaras. Sadly, I watch for the child-abuse aspect. These young children need to be saved. Sadly, I'm not the one to do it. It's actually depressing. I keep watching, though.

(4) Sweet Genius. I love the host of this show! I dig the concept, overall. I love it.

That's it, for now...
  |    | 

soop

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 02:52:27 AM »
It's off the air there?  That stinks, we've been having new episodes lately.

Also, we've been watching Quantum Leap recently.  I grew up with it, but my wife never saw much of it, & now she's obsessed with it.  Unfortunately, we started somewhere in season 5, & then it went back to season 1.  Then, around the end of season 1/begining of season 2, G4 became a subscription only channel for us :P  I'll have to see if it's on Hulu or something & stream it from my PS3 from hear on out.

God I LOVE quantum leap.  I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode by now, but it's such a great idea for a show.  I also like MacGuyver.

As to what Esteban is, or is not smoking...