Author Topic: some dude in denver opens fire at a Batman premier  (Read 2208 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: some dude in denver opens fire at a Batman premier
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »
Time to install beepy-things at the movie theatre. 

If I were one of the swat guys, I probably would have shot the guy on the scene.

Right in the dick.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:55 AM »
The guy's a nutter, plain and simple.  My question is why in the hell would anyone take a three month old to a midnight showing?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »
The guy's a nutter, plain and simple.  My question is why in the hell would anyone take a three month old to a midnight showing?

I see it all the time around here!

If you saw the parents, you'd have an answer.

They look a little.... special.

Mid-20s-ish trashy slobs who probably accidentally'd the kid while drunk and have no clue what they are doing as far as parenting.

"ITS A DARK THEATRE.  THE BABY CAN SLEEP! DURHDRUHDRPDRUHDRP!"

Poor kids with retarded parents.

soop

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »
Oh Sadler, I don't wish death on anyone, but I do happen to think the NRA as an organisation are evil.  Thank god there's not an organisation to place sharp points at eye-height.

I think most people are inherently good (apart from the scumbag in question), and once you get past the fact that you disagree on fundemental principles, be it religion, firearms, or favorite console, it's pretty much irrelevant.  The problem comes from when so many people sign up for something for WHATEVER reason, it gives the people in charge power to do what the f*ck they like.

Like scientologists for instance:  Everyone's like "lol, you believe in prehistoric spacemen" or whatnot, but when you hear the horror stories, it becomes clear that however harmless most of them are, they give power to some shady f*cking corporation.  Same with oil companies, pharmecuticals, Catholocism, Microsoft and the NRA.  However innocent the individuals, the whole has some scary-ass power to lobby government, profit from misery, and generally trample on the small guy in the name of profit and heavenly glory.

so yeah, I think guns are cool, and I think target practice is awesome, and if you offered to take me to a shooting range, I'd bite your hand off.  But however cool they are, I'd never want to own one (unless something really goes to shit).  With great power comes great responsibility, and the power to take a life just by squeezing an index finger is something I don't want me or anyone near me to have.  I don't even think the police force (UK) in general are responsible enough to carry tasers.  Scares the shit out of me when I see them with automatic weapons.

tl;dr, you're cool Sadler ;)

Sadler

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 03:51:57 AM »
Fair enough soop. :) I appreciate the clarification.

TheClash603

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:13 AM »
Pretty f*cked scenario here.  Though, I would guess a large portion of the posters on this site will see Batman, and I doubt any of us get crazy and kill people.  If you have a person with a screw loose, they will do crazy stuff.

Regarding guns, if there weren't already millions of them in peoples hands and we could start all over again, I would say ban them.  They are awful for the most part.  However, since everyone has a gun now, I would argue that they have become necessity.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 04:13:21 AM »
Why so serious?

RegalSin

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 04:24:23 AM »
It is because, after every Batman movie, release after Batman & Robin a fan just had to snap. I am not suprised the very least bit, I am also sick of the logo, icon, and the new jokers, and Harley, and everything. Why can't they just continue batman, series from FOX5, or Beyond WB. No more Justice Leauge crap.

Anyways, I do not blame gun laws, and it would be intresting to hear the gunmans story. I heard he had bombs, as well.

This also proves that Batman can't be in more places then one.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 04:24:38 AM »
Why so serious?

shit.  no wonder the guy was mad.   He wanted to see Heath Ledger!

No joker = NOONE GETS OUT ALIVE.

soop

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 04:51:12 AM »
It is because, after every Batman movie, release after Batman & Robin a fan just had to snap. I am not suprised the very least bit, I am also sick of the logo, icon, and the new jokers, and Harley, and everything. Why can't they just continue batman, series from FOX5, or Beyond WB. No more Justice Leauge crap.

Anyways, I do not blame gun laws, and it would be intresting to hear the gunmans story. I heard he had bombs, as well.

This also proves that Batman can't be in more places then one.

Well as long as you're posting, I assume it wasn't you.  This time.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »
The guy's a nutter, plain and simple.  My question is why in the hell would anyone take a three month old to a midnight showing?
This was the very first thing I thought too.  My daughter woke up every hour on the hour from the day she was born until she was 8 months old.  My wife and I were so sleep deprived the smallest little thing had us arguing and yelling at each other.  The fact that they were there at midnight to watch a movie seems like a luxury and any normal parent would take advantage of that time to SLEEP!!!

The shooter seems like a complete whack job.  There's no logic behind any of this.  It's worrying as a parent, as a person, that this kind of planned bullshit is inside anyone's head.

Please tell me they shot this James Holmes guy in the head.  From what I read it seems like they arrested him.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 05:01:06 AM »
Arresting him is the smart thing to do.

Find out what the f*ck he was thinking.   See if hes got any other jackasses on Team AntiBatman.

and THEN, send him to prison.

Where Big T can shoot him in the ass repeatedly.

And it won't be with bullets.

soop

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:22 AM »
The thing that struck me, is the footage on the BBC keeps referring to him as the "suspect".  I would have thought it was quite obvious that he was actually the "perpetrator" or whatever the f*ck they call it these days at this point.  Or you know, the point that it was the guy with the firing the guns.

Apparantly they're saying now his apartment is filled with booby traps and explosives.

*edit* Ok, US gun laws to be rediscussed, NYPD to be present at all screenings in all 5 boroughs (I think that's what I heard)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:11:33 AM by soop »

storino03

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:53 AM »
$10 says he played some "insert violent video game" for hours on end! the madness!

esteban

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 05:19:18 AM »
It's all because of the lack of enough Turbo for everyone in the world.

Absolutely.

|    |