Author Topic: some dude in denver opens fire at a Batman premier  (Read 2217 times)

storino03

Re: some dude in denver opens fire at a Batman premier
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »
I agree. It's not like if there's a shooting at a local mall, they are going to interview the people who designed/built the place 20 years ago.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
You guys ENTIRELY missed my point.  Did I really make it that complex for you?  Well why would they want to talk to some random guy who was there a week ago when they could talk to the employees who are there every day?  What are they going to learn from the guy who was there a week ago?  "Uh... there were no bullets flying around when I went".

vestcoat

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
Right in the dick.
His gear included a groin protector.
#-o
Crazy, but not stupid!

HercTNT

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
None of you lost some one today, did you? if you did, my condolences, if you did not, shut the hell up, you have no idea what its like. your not fooling anyone, by defending your opinions while others are sufffering.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
This stuff gets sensationalized so much anymore in the media to where now its just old hat. There is no shock and awe in any of this. The majority feed off the bullshit like any other reality tv program on tv. People don't know how to unplug themselves from the bullshit, they stay addicted, waiting for every new news clip and sound bite, every new half assed yahoo news article. Anymore its like once or twice a year you really just expect this to happen anymore. People call these spree killing events, mother killing kid events, etc all tragic, but the real tragedy is how the majority of the population waits with baited breath for the next event to occur. Rinse and repeat.

vestcoat

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »
None of you lost some one today, did you? if you did, my condolences, if you did not, shut the hell up, you have no idea what its like. your not fooling anyone, by defending your opinions while others are sufffering.
I've never been a fan of the "so-and-so-doesn't-exhibit-the-right-amount-of-empathy-so-I'm-going-to-condemn-them" card.

HercTNT

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
that fine. its a free country. if you know how they feel then great. if you don't the stfu. its funny how people use situations like this to defend thier rights. you don't need to defend your rights. no one has taken them away. let it be what it is. some crazy a$$hole used this opportunity to secure this moment of fame. if that were not true, would be still be discussing it? no. are your rights taken away? no! let the families morn and let the dead be buried. am i wrong. if i am. why are we discussing it any further? its over, let it go.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
Quote from: HercTNT
None of you lost some one today, did you? if you did, my condolences, if you did not, shut the hell up, you have no idea what its like.

Quote from: HercTNT
if you know how they feel then great. if you don't the stfu.

Who made you the arbiter of who say anything and who can't?

vestcoat

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »
that fine. its a free country. if you know how they feel then great. if you don't the stfu. its funny how people use situations like this to defend thier rights. you don't need to defend your rights. no one has taken them away. let it be what it is. some crazy a$$hole used this opportunity to secure this moment of fame. if that were not true, would be still be discussing it? no. are your rights taken away? no! let the families morn and let the dead be buried. am i wrong. if i am. why are we discussing it any further? its over, let it go.
Oh, I'm sorry. Are my emotions out of line with your ego?

A few problems with judging dialog and telling people to shut up:
1) everyone processes emotions differently. Some people need a candlelight vigil, others need to crack jokes and argue. Who are you to judge that? Telling everyone to conform to your emotional process is arrogance. Some things might be in bad taste (like the usual NRA statements that follow shooting tragedies), but as long as no one is spewing the language of violence and retaliation, it's none of your business.
2) you have no idea how anyone is actually feeling.  For all you know, we all read the news and cried buckets. Don't tell Joe he's an a$$hole just because he's bitching about the media's interview choices.
3) telling people that they can't possibly fathom the loss of the victims' families is also arrogant. Suffering is the promise that life always keeps. No, I've never had a loved one mowed down by a maniac, but we've all lost loved ones. Everyone's been kicked in the nuts often enough to earn a seat in the ballpark of empathy. So get off your high horse and stop telling strangers that their feelings are inferior.

storino03

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
You've just been served!

HercTNT

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »
All i can say is i got carried away. I have my emotions and feelings to. i'm not sure how that gives me an ego, but telling others to can it is wrong and i'm sorry for that. I have lost three friends to suicide with guns. One put a bullet in his head. One used a shotgun in his mouth with his little children in the next room. One emptied two magazines of 9mm into his sister saving the last bullet for himself.  I let my personal feelings get away from me.

esteban

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 12:36:35 AM »

The police finally released a photograph of the gunman:

|    | 

HercTNT

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 12:49:26 AM »
LOL!!

vestcoat

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »
All i can say is i got carried away. I have my emotions and feelings to. i'm not sure how that gives me an ego, but telling others to can it is wrong and i'm sorry for that. I have lost three friends to suicide with guns. One put a bullet in his head. One used a shotgun in his mouth with his little children in the next room. One emptied two magazines of 9mm into his sister saving the last bullet for himself.  I let my personal feelings get away from me.
Thanks for saying so. My response was a bit strong too. I'm sorry about the friends you've lost.

HercTNT

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 07:03:54 AM »
I appreciate it. My losses don't give me an excuse to be an a$$hole. once again, i'm sorry guys. lets move on.