Author Topic: Question to the moderators--about reporting topics  (Read 293 times)

storino03

Question to the moderators--about reporting topics
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:57 AM »
So we have topics that are publically-viewed in moderated sections of the forum that are allowed to stay up given the language used? Since when was the F$$$$t word safe for work or for children to see? I reported this way back in the beginning but the topic is there? Are the moderators even "Moderating" this website?

Edit: https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12200.0

Seems lax all around, and I have nieces and nephews who view the forum and shouldn't have to read what is being said on those forums.

Frankly, it makes me sick. Reminds me of those back-water forum websites that no one seems to care about (in terms of cleaning up the garbage that appears), and lets it get run to the ground.

Hopefully I'll get responses this way, because apparently the report button is broken, or no one is checking/cares about what people report on here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:13:31 AM by storino03 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Question to the moderators--about reporting topics
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »
Nobody is forcing you to stay.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

storino03

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »
There Necro goes acting all high and mighty. I wasn't talking to you so stay out. What a great community this has been...really.

storino03

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »
And obviously I am here and trying to get a response from the moderators, so in that sense, I am trying to get a reaction as to why these things still happen. More than what others would do or say.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:40:28 AM »
Try a PM if you want it private, you arrogant prick.  The reality is that there is very little moderation here, and that's the way it's been since nat got busy with real life.  If you don't like it, leave.  Nobody here will mourn your passing.

bob

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
... I wasn't talking to you so stay out. What a great community this has been...really.

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but you posted a thread on the topic.  So aren't you essentially talking to "everyone" that reads it?

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:55:16 AM »
NSFW? mMaybe. But I would be more concerned about my boss knowing I spend all day on PCEFX then what some silly Swiss dude who lives in Japan types in a thread.
Yeah it is offensive but that's the risk you take using the internet, especially forums. This place is very lax on the moderation, maybe a better bet would be to ask Tats to modify his thread title?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Opethian

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »
This guy doesnt even know the status of the mods here. You got a long way to go my friend lol

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

bob

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:04:05 AM »
... But I would be more concerned about my boss knowing I spend all day on PCEFX then what some silly Swiss dude who lives in Japan types in a thread.

My work blocks this site.  :(
Maybe because of all the profanity.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
Try a PM if you want it private, you arrogant prick.  The reality is that there is very little moderation here, and that's the way it's been since nat got busy with real life.  If you don't like it, leave.  Nobody here will mourn your passing.

I can understand trying to figure out who to contact on these forums.  The moderators are listed as Joe, Keranu, and Nat with Aaron being the admin, but finding someone to respond to anything is a chore.  It's pretty irritating having a legit question or taking up an issue with something and not ever getting a response.

Nat has been preoccupied with the outside world and Aaron has basically pushed these forums to the farthest point away from his attention.  If you need something done, try PMing Joe or Keranu. You might have to wait a couple days for a response but usually they make good on requests or questions.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 09:10:11 AM »
How do we know that bazzy wasn't describing the duo as some sort of disgusting meat dish or mistaking the bombs for 9K111s?  It could be entirely innocent.

storino03

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »
So I'm supposed to know that the moderators are "busy with real life" ? That's basically all I needed to know. Thanks.