Author Topic: New members/crying bitches....what gives??  (Read 2619 times)

SMF

Re: New member....what gives??
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
No, I understand there are some new people that everyone should watch out for. I was mainly talking about Necromancer who seems to get on my ass with everything! It's not like it's general knowledge what "Obey" means to this forum (who would have thought that word would have a double meaning?), or that the moderators are more relaxed compared to other websites.

Being more sincere goes a long way in keeping members who don't intend to screw or rip-off others on these forums, to stay.

This point I do agree with, We should have a thread made with our own turbo dictionary lol so new people can fall back on. When I first joined I was like WTF IS A TURBOB LOL.

What really gets under my skin is the new people joining and the first thing they do is a WTB thread, Introduce yourself first before just saying I WANT THESE GAMES PM ME and we never see them again.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

storino03

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »
So what does Turbob mean? :)

RegalSin

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
IDK, look, in real life, I do not like profanity, even if I say it sometimes, but
sometimes I do get fed up, but then I learn, that some people are just not smart enough not to use profanity.

Then of course their are words being thrown around, but I have to understand like new people on the forums, new people are being born,
like new teenie-boppers, and cherry-poppers. So you win some and you lose some in life.

That sums up the entire idea of new people in the world. I know, we look at the youngsters, like walking implusive wallets ready to burst, because wherever their is children their is money. However that is how everybody else who came before us felt, about us, and so forth.

So let the whiners, wine, just remember to vote, when you can and be carefull where you put your wallet, and or purse.

storino03

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:45:21 PM by storino03 »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 02:26:31 PM »
Some people are latent abdicrats. They feel that they and everyone else can't be trusted with their own free will so they seek order. They want moderators, police, fathers, whatever.

It's not that the place has no mods, it's that they aren't going to go and ban people just because someone said "f*ck". Anyone who survived the usenet days would laugh and the order you seem to crave.

There is a thread here about this year's mass shooting. I haven't clicked on it once because I know that is HAS to be full of some extremely ignorant shit that would drive me crazy. I know I can't take it so I avoided it.

What if we were all together in the same room and the conversation moved in a direction you didn't like, or someone used a bad word like "donkey puncher"? Would you look for the appointed moderator to tell people to stop beig naughty? Would you call the cops? Of course not, you'd either learn to live with it or leave. That's what we do here.

It's true that the grumpy old men here scare away 9/10 noobs, but that one guy who stays is the only one we want to hang around with anyway. Not too long ago that guy was Bernie. In his day there were 9 other guys who probably don't even collect Turbo anymore and probably either dead by their own hand or in jail/mental institution. f*ck them.

GohanX

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
So what does Turbob mean? :)

Turbob is just Turbo (as in Turbografx) but it can be used as a noun, verb, adverb, whatever.

"Did you buy any Turbobs today?"

"I can't talk now, got to Turbob"

"Obey teh Turbob!"

Jugbug

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
The grumpy old men are what lured me to register.

storino03

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:45:05 PM by storino03 »

thesteve

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:31 PM »
cryptic, tats.........always

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 03:18:50 PM »
Ha ha, I just read that other locked forum. Storino03, you being serious? Unless you're on a forum called "Bible addicts Unite" or something, you should consider about any typical forum as NSFW. You have no idea whats going to be posted daily. It will never be cut and dry. Concerning your " nieces and nephews" and what they view, maybe you should let their parents do the parenting. You cant sit here and expect the entire forum to change its way of being just to suit you and your nameless nieces and nephews who don't even post here. Why the f*ck should anyone here care?

For that matter, to be quite frank here, unless these kids are teen gamers of some sort, they shouldn't be here anyway. If you are letting 9 year olds and shit come on here then you have some issues, seriously. If they are teens, then you need to realize that most any gaming forum populated by teens or otherwise is filled with worse then posted here at times. You know, the same angry teens playing COD MW on Xbaux Live calling each other god knows what over their mics. Its not our job to parent these nameless faceless kids, its the kids parents job. They should be monitoring their net access. To think anything otherwise makes you severely naive, and I am saying this as a parent myself. Many of us here are parents for that matter. None of us are on here expecting random strangers to start parenting our kids on the internets.

Sparky

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »
I like how old members pretend to cry to feel sympathy and join forces with the other fellow old members. That's not the way to have a community because then none of the new ones will ever be a part of it and everyone will die out!

As for my other topic, if any of you would have simply said "this forum isn't moderated", it would have explained a lot. That's why I locked it. I got my answer!

I like how some new members don't realize there part of the problem....Maybe its your higher post count but I have really noticed your comments feel like your a self appointed sheriff around here, I have no problem with you but some of your replys I just shake my head at, choose your battles man.

And this is the thread I was talking about? You locked it up as the conversation was not going the direction you wanted?

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12387.0

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »
If you go to your member stats and half of your posts are in selling subforums and you aren't selling anything you have a problem.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

TheClash603

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:29 PM »
Nah, it's not that I want a higher authority figure to censor what everyone says. I just came from countless forums where there always was a medium in place, so I was surprised when this was not so here. It's not a huge deal now that I understand the circumstances.

There is a reason this is the only forum I post on with any regularity, this is the only one not filled with a bunch of crying pansies looking for their asses to be wiped.  I would guess the average age on this forum is a little higher than most, which is also appreciative.  I know I am getting old, so I like to be surrounded with other old bastards that are on the same page with me.

You ever spend more than a few seconds on the Gamefaqs or Assembler forums?  For the love of God, EVERYONE is so concerned about moving topics and following procedure that it is f*cking obnoxious.

The only times I have ever been concerned with this forum was the few bans that occurred, as I am a free spirit that doesn't mind letting even the most obnoxious person talk.  Typically, the old timers on here self-police the place, which is better than any one person with absolute power could ever do.

Tatsujin

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »
I like how old members pretend to cry to feel sympathy and join forces with the other fellow old members. That's not the way to have a community because then none of the new ones will ever be a part of it and everyone will die out!

As for my other topic, if any of you would have simply said "this forum isn't moderated", it would have explained a lot. That's why I locked it. I got my answer!

(just had to be posted)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

storino03

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:44:52 PM by storino03 »