Author Topic: What are your thoughts about sealed game collecting?  (Read 1668 times)

soop

Re: What are your thoughts about sealed game collecting?
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 04:28:12 AM »
I love the way you used speech marks instead of asterisks.  Makes it seem like a random quotation.  I think I'll start using it.

"well you know what they say - "ducks"."

Thanks for the grammar tip!

While I may have been an English teacher in a former life.  I'm not really 'up' on proper forum grammar.  If asterisks should be used when indicating an action, then I'll gladly begin using them.  (Actually, I believe that this instance of typing an action was my first.  I usually stick to words and leave the actions out, but in keeping with the vein of humor which permeates this forum, I felt that my above post warranted it.)

Oh don't mind me, there are conventions, sure, I just found it amusing ;)

I know what you meant though, that's the important thing I guess.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 06:16:47 AM »
Storino:  "What are your thoughts about sealed game collecting?"
Most Everyone Else:  "It's dumb."
Storino:  "You're wrong!  You just don't get it!"

I think sealed game collecting is pretty lame, as is displaying games as artifacts rather than as games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

storino03

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »
Who said I was collecting SEALED Turbo Grafx games? I didn't even put this in a specific forum. My god. If you would have read my earlier messages, I said I collect Gamecube/PS2 era and up. So unless the TG was released 5 years ago, I don't even bother.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 06:52:38 AM »
Dude...take me off ignore long enough to read this....  Shut the f*ck up!  Any sealed game being collected and not played is dumb.  Now you may ignore again.  Dumbass.

Edit.  I am way out of line here guys..   :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:30:51 AM by Bernie »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »
Who said I was collecting SEALED Turbo Grafx games? I didn't even put this in a specific forum. My god. If you would have read my earlier messages, I said I collect Gamecube/PS2 era and up. So unless the TG was released 5 years ago, I don't even bother.

Are you retarded?  The topic is "What are your thoughts about sealed game collecting?" and not "What are your thoughts about Storino collecting specific sealed games?", so there's nothing wrong with geise making a distinction between different systems and keeping sealed games for 'em.

storino03

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »
I never ignored you LOL. That's the funny part. Anyway, people assume just because I make a topic, that I'm taking away precious Turbo 16/CD copies away from you guys. Do I have to make a disclaimer now?

storino03

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »
There's also a guy on NintendoAge that has I think literally every sealed NES game. That's a huge accomplishment--impossible to do these days, but he probably did it when the system was 'new' and/or being clearanced out.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2012, 07:00:20 AM »
I never ignored you LOL. That's the funny part. Anyway, people assume just because I make a topic, that I'm taking away precious Turbo 16/CD copies away from you guys. Do I have to make a disclaimer now?

I guess that answers my question.  Show me where someone in this thread has accused specifically you of collecting sealed TG-16 games.

storino03

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »
Look on Page 3. This is a topic about game collecting in general, not necessarily targeted at TG stuff. People just assume since it's on this specific website, "Oh he has to be talking about keeping our beloved sealed in plastic". It's alright for people to assume this or that, but when you say GTFO (which I'm not leaving regardless); did I make any suggestion that I do collect sealed games for the TG?

I swear everything I post in good nature, always turns into these shit storms for no reason at all, except people whining about their console.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:05:54 AM by storino03 »

soop

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2012, 07:19:30 AM »
I swear everything I post in good nature, always turns into these shit storms for no reason at all, except people whining about their console.

I have to agree with him here.  Since yesterday's debacle, he's been making an effort, and you guys are actually proving one of his initial points (about long time posters out to get newbies).

Not saying you have to agree with him, and in the most part I don't, but at the moment he's being civil, and I think the response is at this point, unreasonable.  Bernie, if you can forgive a douchebag like Swiss, I don't see why you can't cut a break to someone who seems pretty decent, just because of a few initial misunderstandings/indescresions whatever.  Obviously there's a few people who are generally more... antagonistic by nature, and they're pretty much doing what they normally do.  But for a few other people I'm surprised you're still kicking the guy when he's down.

I'll be honest, it was amusing while it was still all kicking off, but now it's a tad lame.

Anyway, it's Friday night, so I'm out for a few beers, you guys should too.  And when I get back I want this place tidy, teeth brushed and in bed.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2012, 07:23:26 AM »
You right soup...  I guess I can let it go....   :(

I do tend to get carried away.....

alexsduo

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »
I like game collecting.
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

storino03

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
Look on Page 3.

The only two mentions of the TG-16 are from Bardoly and geise.  The first is about the TG-16 being Bardoly's second favorite console and not directly concerning sealed collecting at all (he's pro sealed collecting anyway); and the second comment doesn't call you out by name or even use a generic 'you', so you're only assuming that it was directed at you.

This is a topic about game collecting in general, not necessarily targeted at TG stuff.

Exactly.  Just because geise mentioned Turbob collecting in a thread you started, that doesn't mean he was talking solely about you and your collecting habits.

It's probably because you take every comment personally, whether it's directed at you or not; plus, some people simply don't like attention whores.

storino03

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
Thanks Necro! You're the bomb.