Author Topic: What are your thoughts about sealed game collecting?  (Read 1684 times)

storino03

Re: What are your thoughts about sealed game collecting?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
In keeping up with the tradition of the topic, I have found the Youtube user I was talking about earlier (the one that buys multiples of the same game)

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitomiLove/videos

FiftyQuid

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
ummm no the case has a purpose to store the game properly and safely in between times when you play it. Sealed game collecting is stupid unless you just want to keep them perfect and like new till you play them. If you dont plan on playing them GTFO of our gaming forum.
The same argument could be made for the hu card sleeves, but I get your point.  The cases give them that extra bit of hard protection.  I collect them but it's an aesthetic thing for me, not a protection thing.

Here's a better comparison/analogy.  Collecting sealed games is like putting a Bra on your car.  You're just saving the game/car for the next person that buys it.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »
Dude, I edited my nasty post and sent you a PM.  Sorry I lashed out like that.  Stressful day at work, too damn hot...and sometimes I just go too damn far.  I may not agree with everything, well a lot, of what you post, but I do not have to act like that.  My thoughts on any sealed game stay the same though.  :)

storino03

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2012, 09:36:58 AM »
Putting a bra on a car! The most useless thing I've ever seen! What is the purpose? So you don't get bugs caught in the bumper/grill? Mud doesn't splash on it?

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »
Too make the car look better, and protect the paint somewhat.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
Except it doesn't do either. The paint is usually damaged if the thing is left on long enough (a constant amount of rubbing, uneven exposure to sun) and you look like a twat driving around in the thing.

Also, it's aftermarket so...it's nothing at all like shrink wrap.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
Except it doesn't do either. The paint is usually damaged if the thing is left on long enough (a constant amount of rubbing, uneven exposure to sun) and you look like a twat driving around in the thing.

Also, it's aftermarket so...it's nothing at all like shrink wrap.

Yeah, I was going to add that.  You certainly get scratching, plus the uneven fade from the sun.  So, you either have to leave it on forever to hide that, or repaint the car. 

Bardoly

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
Look on Page 3.

The only two mentions of the TG-16 are from Bardoly and geise.  The first is about the TG-16 being Bardoly's second favorite console and not directly concerning sealed collecting at all (he's pro sealed collecting anyway); and the second comment doesn't call you out by name or even use a generic 'you', so you're only assuming that it was directed at you.

I take umbrage at thy statement!   :roll:

I didn't say that I was pro sealed collecting at all.

I actually stated that I don't approve of those who collect sealed games simply for investment or for the 'rush' of ownership.

I also stated that I would like to have one sealed game if possible to display like the work of art that it is, even though I don't think that I'll actually ever get that one game in a sealed condition.

The last thing that I stated in regards to this was that in a free society, why do people feel the need to judge how others spend their own money?  This statement does NOT make me pro sealed collecting.  It makes me pro freedom.

I do appreciate your reference to me though.  Being the attention hound that I am, I was despairing of anyone noticing me.   O:)

sunteam_paul

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »

The last thing that I stated in regards to this was that in a free society, why do people feel the need to judge how others spend their own money?  This statement does NOT make me pro sealed collecting.  It makes me pro freedom.

In a free society, we are free to judge anyone and everyone on anything we choose. That's the point of freedom.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

esteban

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2012, 12:21:11 AM »

This statement does NOT make me pro sealed collecting.  It makes me pro freedom.

Like Samson and Adon, I am pro-tein.

|    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2012, 05:57:02 AM »

In a free society, we are free to judge anyone and everyone on anything we choose. That's the point of freedom.

f*cking A right.

HercTNT

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »
Right, but just because you are thinking it, does not mean you always have to say it. In a free society we can ask someone what kinda music they like, then tell them they are stupid because we disagree with their choice. Once we get to that point, we are not agreeing to disagree, its just rude. It is possible for others to have an opposite opinion and not be morons. This is chit chat, not fighting street, maybe we are being a tad bit aggressive. I agree with soop that storino has been making an honest effort, and it appears to me he's still in the crosshairs because of previous conversations. You gotta give a guy a chance, things don't change overnight.  Bardoly has not done anything to earn any disrespect at all.

geise

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »
Who said I was collecting SEALED Turbo Grafx games? I didn't even put this in a specific forum. My god. If you would have read my earlier messages, I said I collect Gamecube/PS2 era and up. So unless the TG was released 5 years ago, I don't even bother.
Sorry man, got caught up in the moment and just thinking turbo.  I also forgot this was in the chit-chat section.  Now I still think sealed game collecting is silly.   Niche sealed game collecting is even worse and ruins it for the players.
Buying games to just stare at them is money being thrown away.  You can actually do something with it and that's the point.  It's a game and it was "made" to be played.  Baseball cards were made to be collected.  Sure anything can be collected, but it sometimes isn't a great idea. Garbage is a nice example.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
Right, but just because you are thinking it, does not mean you always have to say it. In a free society we can ask someone what kinda music they like, then tell them they are stupid because we disagree with their choice.

I would never ask someone what kind of music they like and then tell them it was stupid. I only tell them its stupid when they are playing it so loud I can't ignore it. If they don't want me explaining to them how shitty their taste in music is then they shouldn't be forcing me to listen to it.

The douche ASKED US what we though about sealed game collecting. We didn't ask him. See the difference?

HercTNT

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 06:43:35 PM »
I can't argue with your logic sign, your gonna be angry no matter what I say. It seems by your comment you have no interest in giving a guy a chance. Thats up to you.

Hey, do you like sealed games: no, I think its dumb

or

Hey do you like sealed games: no, and your an idiot

see the difference?