Author Topic: Sega Card Cases  (Read 911 times)

KnightWarrior

Sega Card Cases
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:36:18 AM »
Have anyone put there Loose Turbo Chip Games in an Emply Sega Card Clamshell??

I think it's more study then the Jewel Cases, But that's my opinion

Joe Redifer

Re: Sega Card Cases
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »
They are WAY more sturdy and also about a hundred times harder to come by.

KnightWarrior

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »
If I find any in bulk in buy it..

Would there be a demand on here for it??

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
I wouldn't want to take a my card out of it's case for a hu card. If you really need a case you can always just take one from a shitty sports game or a mahjong pce game.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

vestcoat

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
I can't imagine why anyone would do this.

Black Turbochip trays rarely break. The jewel case covers do, but they're easily swappable and cost pennies.

Sega Card cases are much more rare and slightly more expensive than CIC TV Sports games. They don't match the aesthetic of the system, they don't blend with CD games or the rest of the library, they waste space and don't fit on CD shelves, they don't work with Sparky's stickers, and they even don't even hold TG manuals without distorting them! There were some knuckleheads making DVD case inserts, but they looked terrible.

EDIT: also, aftermarket chip cases seem to be just around the corner as demand grows and Aetherbyte prepares to release ABcards. Now's not the time to orphan a bunch of poor Sega Cards.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:46:14 AM by vestcoat »

Sparky

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »
There were some knuckleheads making DVD case inserts, but they looked terrible.

Haha.. Knuckleheads... Hahaha

kazekirifx

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »
Sega Card cases ought to be housing Sega Cards.

KnightWarrior

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
The TG-16 Manual does fit..I tried with my Spatterhouse manual

motdelbourt

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 05:06:43 PM »
Is there really a need for super durable cases for hucards at this point in history? If anyone is roughhousing with HuCards, it better be limited to Gunboat or something.

Duo_R

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
If anything the DS cases would make more sense, but still nothing beats the stock hucard cases with Sparky labels.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

KnightWarrior

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »
I still think it's a good idea..

I will use some for my loose TurboGrafx-16 Games I have

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 07:09:05 AM »
where are the sega cards going to go? you'll make them so ronery.....
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

vestcoat

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »
The TG-16 Manual does fit..I tried with my Spatterhouse manual

Technically you can put a TG manual in a Sega card case and close the case. Does the TG manual actually fit? No, not at all. Is it a good idea to store it in a Sega case? Absolutely not.

First of all, TG manuals are wider than Sega manuals, so there's no hope of immobilizing the manual inside the case. The width of TG manuals forces them to rest on top of one or both of the interior manual-holder tabs. Resting paper on 1/4' bumps for a long period of time is never a good idea, even if you store it vertically.

Second, not only are TG manuals wider than Sega manuals, but they're about 1/32-1/16 of an inch wider than the interior of the whole case!  To close the case, a TG manual has to span the interior diagonally; even then, the spine presses on the manual just before the case shuts (see pic), warping the manual. I don't know what kind of freak Splatterhouse manual you have, but seriously try putting a standard 4.75" manual in a Sega Card case and tell me it fits without warping.
I still think it's a good idea..

Let's see... the plastic is slightly more durable, but it damages manuals, it's not cost effective, it's not aesthetically pleasing, it eats storage space, there are better, cheaper options, and you can't refute any of these claims. How is it a good idea?

esteban

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »
  |    | 

kazekirifx

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
Let's see... the plastic is slightly more durable, but it damages manuals, it's not cost effective, it's not aesthetically pleasing, it eats storage space, there are better, cheaper options, and you can't refute any of these claims. How is it a good idea?

Agreed. Now quit screwing up your TG16 collection and orphaning your Sega Cards.