Author Topic: WINNER(s) CHOSEN! Double Raffle! - Loosie Bonk's Revenge & Takin' it to the Hoop  (Read 2928 times)

Bardoly

Drawing took place later on in the thread and Firebomber7 won both raffles.   :clap:

Thanks to all for participating.

DISCLAIMER:  THIS IS BARDOLY'S FIRST RAFFLE EVER ON ANY WEBSITE, SO IF HE OFFENDS ANYONE BY HIS GIVING FREE STUFF AWAY WITH A FEW FUN STIPULATIONS, PLEASE BEAR WITH HIM!!!  IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE FOR HIM TO GIVE AWAY THINGS FOR FREE, THEN HE WILL SIMPLY RELEGATE HIS FUTURE OFFERINGS TO HIS FS/FT/FO THREAD.

Well, in the spirit of cheerfulness and wanting to contribute to this (mostly) excellent community, I'm going to raffle off a couple of my extra loosie HuCards - Bonk's Revenge and Takin' it to the Hoop!

Bonk's Revenge is really a pretty good game that I've enjoyed over the years and Takin' it to the Hoop seems decent - I just haven't had the time to invest in it that I've had to invest in Bonk's Revenge.
Each game will come in a plastic slip cover.  I will cover all costs, unless an international member wins, in which case, I'll expect him to help out a little with the shipping.

I'm still having difficulties figuring out how to get my Box.com uploaded pictures embedded, so for now, you'll have to click on the links.   :(

https://www.box.com/s/79a6c3192bab1058cc05
https://www.box.com/s/f1a8dcebe117485b0e8f
https://www.box.com/s/182307accc779353da51
https://www.box.com/s/db74b3b1399b0da836f5

You may choose to enter for one or the other or for both.  Two separate drawings will be held, unless all entrants are in both lists.

Raffle Rules:

1.  There must be at least 5 entrants, or the Raffle entry period will be extended by one week.
2.  Raffle entry period ends at midnight Central Standard Time on Sunday, August 18, 2012.  (But if I'm feeling extra generous and/or haven't had the time to pick the winner until later, then I may accept later entries if I feel like it.
3.  There is a 42 post count minimum by raffle entry close time, of which if I see what appear to be spam posts to get post count up or if such is reported to me, then entrant may be disqualified.
     (Why 42?  Because the domino game "42" is my favorite non-video-game game.)
4.  In the interest of clean(er) speech, any entrant which posts profanities and/or foul language in non-Fighting Street threads which I happen to notice after having entered and up until drawing time may be disqualified and/or lose 'bonus raffle tickets' at my choice.  (I may give a free pass, if I feel like it.  If you don't like this rule, then don't join this raffle.)
5.  Bonus entries!!!  You may receive extra 'raffle tickets' for any and/or all of the following:
     a. Anyone who promises to raffle off something/anything useful if they win this raffle.
     b. Anyone who has more than 1,000 posts at the time that I finalize the raffle entries.  (See rule 3.)  This is my kudos to all of the old-timers.
     c Anyone here who does mods and/or repairs for reasonable prices to members of the community and mentions it in their raffle sign-up post.
     d. Anyone who posts the phrase, "I love America!" in this thread.
     e. Anyone who posts the phrase, "Texas is the greatest state!" in this thread.
     f. If your post count ends in 42 at the time that I finalize the raffle entries.  (Again, I love 42.)
     g. If I think of anything else fun to add for bonus tickets, then I'll post it here.
For each bonus 'raffle ticket' you gain, I will enter your name 1 additional time in the drawing.
6.  If there are at least 30 entrants in the above raffle by the end of the raffle period, then I will add a third raffle in which all entrants will be entered(this raffle would be drawn first, & the winner will be removed from other 2 raffles) under the same above rules with the winner's choice of any 3 loosies of the following:  Bloody Wolf, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, J.J & Jeff, Keith Courage, Legendary Axe, Splatterhouse, Super Volleyball, Takin' it to the Hoop, Tiger Road, and/or PCE Street Fighter II.  I expect winner to choose 3 games which he doesn't already have and actually wishes to play.  How's that for a bonus for having read the fine print?

Entrant list for Bonk's Revenge

1.   KnightWarrior
2.   KnightWarrior (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")
3.   Bernie
4.   Bernie (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
5.   Bernie (bonus ticket for 1,000+ posts)
6.   Bernie (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")
7.   Bernie (bonus ticket for posting "Texas is the greatest state!")
8.   Trevpwnsnoobs
9.   Firebomber7
10. Firebomber7 (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
11. Firebomber7 (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")
12. Firebomber7 (bonus ticket for posting "Texas is the greatest state!")
13. BigusSchmuck
14. BigusSchmuck (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
15. Damon Plus
16. Damon Plus (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
17. Damon Plus (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")
18. Damon Plus (bonus ticket for posting "Texas is the greatest state!")
19. 420GOAT
20. khog143
21. Kaijuboy
22. Kaijuboy (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
23. meka
24. incrediblehark
25. esadajr
26. esadajr (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")

Entrant list for Takin' it to the Hoop

1.   tpivette
2.   tpivette (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
3.   CPTRAVE
4.   CPTRAVE (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
5.   Firebomber7
6.   Firebomber7 (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
7.   Firebomber7 (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")
8.   Firebomber7 (bonus ticket for posting "Texas is the greatest state!")
9.   BigusSchmuck
10. BigusSchmuck (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
11. 420GOAT
12. roflmao
13. roflmao (bonus ticket for promising to raffle off something later)
14. roflmao (bonus ticket for 1,000+ posts)
15. esadajr
16. esadajr (bonus ticket for posting "I love America!")
17. meka

Total # of entrants = 15

KnightWarrior

I sign up for Bonk's Revenge

Sadler

Already got these, but it's super f*cking cool of you to do this! :wink:

No seriously, thanks for the generosity!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:36:14 AM by Sadler »

tpivette

Awesome raffle! Bonk's Revenge is a great game, one of the best platformers for the Turbo. I already have that one so don't include me in that part of the raffle, however...

I do not have Takin it to the Hoop. So put my name in the hat for that one, please

PS - after my Final Lap Twin raffle ends, I'm planning on raffling another Turbo game

+2 TurboKarma for this double raffle!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Sign me up for Bonks Revenge.  My kid has been wanting this one.

blueraven

I have both, +2 Turbobkarma, Good luck everyone!
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ProfessorProfessorson

Nice titles, however some of the requirements are just ridiculous, like trying to dictate forum behavior so people can have a chance to win stuff. Using a raffle to unnaturally influence forum behavior and exclude people as a form of punishment because someone may say some magic word in a post you dont approve of is crap, especially when they have not even done anything directly to you or the community. This isn't kindergarten. People should be able to unwind and relax here, not feel like they have to walk on pins and needles to win that one Takin it to the Hoop card they always wanted.

Or for that matter using a raffle to try to make them say stupid shit they obviously don't mean and wouldn't normally say as a extra incentive to maybe get a better chance at winning. No one here is a dog waiting to jump through hoops or shake hands for small treats. The whole f*cking "I love America" shit is pretty insensitive to the many members here WHO DONT live in America and have never even been here (basically you are insulting people like Tats who have been long term members here who have helped build this forum). In the spirit of raffling, you lost the point. ](*,) You are banned from taking part in ANY raffle I do now and in the future.
-9000 Turbobkarma

4.  In the interest of clean(er) speech, any entrant which posts profanities and/or foul language in non-Fighting Street threads which I happen to notice after having entered and up until drawing time may be disqualified and/or lose 'bonus raffle tickets' at my choice.  (I may give a free pass, if I feel like it.  If you don't like this rule, then don't join this raffle.)
5.  Bonus entries!!!  You may receive extra 'raffle tickets' for any and/or all of the following:
     a. Anyone who promises to raffle off something/anything useful if they win this raffle.
     b. Anyone who has more than 1,000 posts at the time that I finalize the raffle entries.  (See rule 3.)  This is my kudos to all of the old-timers.
     c Anyone here who does mods and/or repairs for reasonable prices to members of the community and mentions it in their sign-up post.
     d. Anyone who posts the phrase, "I love America!" in this thread.
     e. Anyone who posts the phrase, "Texas is the greatest state!" in this thread.

Oh yeah, one other thing, its f*cked up to run a sales thread and not reply back to inquires from someone, but then jump on that said someones TGCD docking station raffle. Also, Texas is for steers and queers, so go suck an egg.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:32:27 AM by ProfessorProfessorson »

CPTRAVE

Wow cool games, put me down for Takin it to the Hoop, I already have bonks revenge.

Trevpwnsnoobs

can you sign me up for bonks revenge?
(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

Firebomber7

Throw in my hat for both. I "might" be getting a copy of Bonk's Revenge soon, but it's not guarenteed. If I do get it and win it in your raffle, I'll re-raffle it. Does that count as a promise to raffle? :P

I don't really feel that "I love America!", hehe. How's that for saying it without meaning it? On the other hand, I guess I do love America in some sense?

I can say that  "Texas is the greatest state!", since it is the one most likely to sucede! :P

Nice choice of hueys in the fine print, by the way. :)

munchiaz

awesome raffle. Don't sign me up, i already have it on the gate of thunder CD (so i am only looking for a complete copy) But +1 to you

BigusSchmuck

Sign me up for both! Will probably raffle something off later when I start getting some more complete games as I have stated many times before.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:50:25 PM by BigusSchmuck »

Damon Plus

Sign me up for Bonk's Revenge please. This must be like the sixth time I've been in a Bonk raffle withouth winning ever, call TwinGalaxies!. If I win, I'll raffle either an Alien Crush + manual or JJ and Jeff + manual.

I'm pretty desperate to get a Bonk game before the summer ends, so:

"I love America!"
"Texas is the greatest state!"

vestcoat

Well, in the spirit of cheerfulness and wanting to contribute to this (mostly) excellent community....
Raffle Rules:
[a bunch of judgmental, pretentious crap]
You sound so cheerful. Your affected goodwill really helps the middle finger go down. If you have a problem with people here, I suggest you take it up with them directly rather than taking pot shots in a raffle.

You are banned from taking part in ANY raffle I do now and in the future.
Ditto.

420GOAT

i cuss too much so im out, but turbo karma to you. but the internet is not an ideal place for good clean wholesome fun.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.