Author Topic: WINNER(s) CHOSEN! Double Raffle! - Loosie Bonk's Revenge & Takin' it to the Hoop  (Read 2939 times)

bartre

well, i personally don't have too much interest in loosies, so count me out.
but that said, good on ya, I'll have to hop in on the raffle train sometime soon!

KnightWarrior

I love america Go USA

khog143

I'll join in on the Bonk raffle.  And yes, Texas is the greatest state, being that I was born and raised here lol.  I don't think that that truth should gain me a bonus entry though, so just the one for me please.  Thanks for the awesome raffle!

khog143

Also, people that are turning this raffle into some personal issue against Bardoly because of a few things I would assume he jokingly put into his raffle bonus entries are going a little overboard.  I seriously doubt he wanted to turn this into a "'Murrica vs everyone!" raffle, and seriously doubt he wanted to alienate some of the members from outside of the US.  He is still doing a good thing by raffling off two games, and I think that that should not be lost in the syntax.

Firebomber7

Or for that matter using a raffle to try to make them say stupid shit they obviously don't mean and wouldn't normally say as a extra incentive to maybe get a better chance at winning. No one here is a dog waiting to jump through hoops or shake hands for small treats. The whole f*cking "I love America" shit is pretty insensitive to the many members here WHO DONT live in America and have never even been here (basically you are insulting people like Tats who have been long term members here who have helped build this forum).
I agree... but, I jumped through the hoops and had fun doing it. I'm not American, I don't love America at all (in fact, the whole condescending attitude it presents as a whole is absolutely offensive. People from other places absolutely hate America, and they bring it on themselves. The recent Olympic woman's soccer thing is a good example of this), but I managed to say I love it without even including that meaning. Maybe Tats would do the same thing? I'm not sure, but, Bardoly, you might seriously want to re-think what you are trying to accomplish here. You seem to be upsetting a lot of people.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Wow firebomber...  Just wow.

Firebomber7

Wow firebomber...  Just wow.
Why wow? Because of the America thing?

I like the US. I go there lots. I like most Americans I meet. I like you, Bernie! It's the whole "I'm better than you/I'm right and you're wrong" image that it presents. I'm not the only one annoyed by it.

(why do I feel like I just started digging a hole...)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:09:00 PM by Firebomber7 »

ProfessorProfessorson

(why do I feel like I just started digging a hole...)

You didn't, you made a good valid point. I'm American and I can easily acknowledge that what Bardoly did was insensitive and obnoxious if you look at it from the POV of a outsider looking in, and that's why I brought it up. Americans get portrayed in a negative manner in the public eye due to shit like that. Besides that he decided to play favorites and anyone that he doesn't approve of basically due to the language they use here or whatever, regardless of how long they have been here (and hes only been here since July I might add), how much they contribute here gets the ax if they dont appease him.

His intention may not just have been to publicly alienate those who are from other countries on purpose (its hard to say, maybe hes totally ignorant), but his goal definitely was to exclude and alienate many members in general in a way that is snide and ill mannered. Any backlash he gets for it he deserves, because he completely lost the point of why the raffles are being held. This thing of his is less like a raffle and more like a popularity contest for people who are eager to please for a chance to nab a couple of free games. Things is though, they are not free, not when you have to pay for them via retarded acts and at the expense of personal liberties in order to appease the person with the goods.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:39:09 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

Firebomber7

Prof, will the photo in this link cheer you up? I think you need to laugh more.  :P

(deleted because I don't really think it's good to post images/real names of others, even if they do it to themselves. It's not like it's hard to find this guy anyway).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:56:01 AM by Firebomber7 »

ProfessorProfessorson

Prof, will the photo in this link cheer you up? I think you need to laugh more.  :P

http://tinyurl.com/caqrq9r

I'm too busy to laugh right now. I'm watching Odo being dried out by Garak on Deep Space 9. :P

Firebomber7

I re-linked the, uh, link, so it... links correctly.

ProfessorProfessorson

I re-linked the, uh, link, so it... links correctly.

I'm not a registered member on there so I cant view it lol.

Anyway, here is a link that works. Bask in the sadness that is Odo, all dried up. :(

Firebomber7

Well then, I just gave you the photo as it is. :P I thought you'd appreciate it.

ProfessorProfessorson

Lol he's not blinking in that pic, so its only 50 percent funny.

420GOAT

Or for that matter using a raffle to try to make them say stupid shit they obviously don't mean and wouldn't normally say as a extra incentive to maybe get a better chance at winning. No one here is a dog waiting to jump through hoops or shake hands for small treats. The whole f*cking "I love America" shit is pretty insensitive to the many members here WHO DONT live in America and have never even been here (basically you are insulting people like Tats who have been long term members here who have helped build this forum).
I agree... but, I jumped through the hoops and had fun doing it. I'm not American, I don't love America at all (in fact, the whole condescending attitude it presents as a whole is absolutely offensive. People from other places absolutely hate America, and they bring it on themselves. The recent Olympic woman's soccer thing is a good example of this), but I managed to say I love it without even including that meaning. Maybe Tats would do the same thing? I'm not sure, but, Bardoly, you might seriously want to re-think what you are trying to accomplish here. You seem to be upsetting a lot of people.

there are plenty of cool people that live here dude, but we as a whole know we can get shit done. ask the countries we bail out in wars and the ones we go up against. we know there are good people here and its been proven over and over again. i dont know where you live but im in 90744 CA and we get shit done everyday.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.