Author Topic: Keep an eye out this one.  (Read 946 times)

vestcoat

Re: Keep an eye out this one.
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
Could you enlighten a forum noob what the beef is against this guy ?
It's hard to even start. Let's see...
*Swiss780 AKA "Canada" hijacks other people's WTB threads, bumping them with his own requests and "me too's!"
*He offered a member $60 for their loose Bonk 3 huey, which is fine, except he later argued with some of our low estimates, saying loose Bonk 3 is a $90 game.
*A member was looking for a Cadash manual or something mundane and he tried to gouge them for $20.
*He requested "fair" prices in his WTB threads and while consistently gouging in every FS thread.
*He entered somebody's Air Zonk raffle right before he posted his big FS gouging lot.
*When people called him out on his insane prices, he said "who cares what you think" and created a signature saying that Bernie and his wife can "suck it".
*Insulting a member's wife in his signature created a quite a backlash, so he created a new account (Canada) so he could enter our raffles and buy stuff again.
*He accidentally revealed his new identity because he's an idiot.
*BigusSchmuck had a very unpleasant transaction with him. Read here:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12413.msg246341#msg246341

And remember that Canada is not just interacting with strangers on the internet or anonymous ebay buyers - this is how he treats people after asking them for help, repair advice, price estimates, chatting with them about games, buying their  stuff for cheap prices and entering their raffles.

Here's a list of some of his early accomplishments:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12201.msg236580#msg236580

You can read the posts from his original account here:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=4440;sa=showPosts
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:05:25 PM by vestcoat »

Xray

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
I have nothing, in principle, about a guy trying to maximize profit, on anything. Even if he is perceived as "gouging", if the prices are too high, he will either have to lower them, sit on the items, or try to find a sucker on ebay. This trend exists in any collectibles market. I understand about being a community here and giving deals, but reality is reality. When you sell something, you generally start off a bit higher than you can hope to expect, then work your way down.

But shifting forum nym's without good cause and insulting someones wife is another story, and are good enough reason for me to declare him a juvenile asswipe, he'd be picking up teeth, or much worse, trying that face to face. Watch it canada, there is no such thing as complete anonymity on the internet. You are going to run your mouth to the wrong person and end up eating your words.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
Watch it canada, there is no such thing as complete anonymity on the internet. You are going to run your mouth to the wrong person and end up eating your words.

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12705.msg248934#msg248934

canada

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 06:11:50 AM »
*Swiss780 AKA "Canada" hijacks other people's WTB threads, bumping them with his own requests and "me too's!"
*He offered a member $60 for their loose Bonk 3 huey, which is fine, except he later argued with some of our low estimates, saying loose Bonk 3 is a $90 game.
*A member was looking for a Cadash manual or something mundane and he tried to gouge them for $20.
*He requested "fair" prices in his WTB threads and while consistently gouging in every FS thread.
*He entered somebody's Air Zonk raffle right before he posted his big FS gouging lot.
*When people called him out on his insane prices, he said "who cares what you think" and created a signature saying that Bernie and his wife can "suck it".
*Insulting a member's wife in his signature created a quite a backlash, so he created a new account (Canada) so he could enter our raffles and buy stuff again.

And remember that Canada is not just interacting with strangers on the internet or anonymous ebay buyers - this is how he treats people after asking them for help, repair advice, price estimates, chatting with them about games, buying their  stuff for cheap prices and entering their raffles.

f*ck off , I've never trade anything with a smuck in my life.  the only thing i've done on here was give away a free game and some stickers.  Never bought anything or sold anything.   Im in Sales... Buy low sell high. Dont hate , If theres people who want to buy things for higher price then thats there problem not yours.  LOVE the COMMENTS  =)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 06:24:52 AM »

And remember that Canada is not just interacting with strangers on the internet or anonymous ebay buyers - this is how he treats people after asking them for help, repair advice, price estimates, chatting with them about games, buying their  stuff for cheap prices and entering their raffles.

f*ck off , I've never trade anything with a smuck in my life.  the only thing i've done on here was give away a free game and some stickers.  Never bought anything or sold anything.   Im in Sales... Buy low sell high. Dont hate , If theres people who want to buy things for higher price then thats there problem not yours.  LOVE the COMMENTS  =)

Well get right on that.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 06:29:52 AM »
This guy needs to go.  But whatever.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 06:42:13 AM »
The only thing that bothers me about swiss780 canada, is that he changed his name to canada.  It depicts the entire county in a negative way when someone here says "f*ck you canada".  Imagine if his name was USA - "f*ck you USA".  That and the fact that he spelled it using a lowercase "c" bothers me.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »
The only thing that bothers me about swiss780 canada, is that he changed his name to canada.  It depicts the entire county in a negative way when someone here says "f*ck you canada".  Imagine if his name was USA - "f*ck you USA".  That and the fact that he spelled it using a lowercase "c" bothers me.

Well, we are talking about a total retard here.  Can't expect much else.

geise

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 07:10:27 AM »
I blame Canada for everything that's wrong in the world.

Sorry Sparky.

EDIT: Oops, and BT
and Ceti...wherever you are...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:32:06 PM by geise »

vestcoat

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 07:22:21 AM »
I have nothing, in principle, about a guy trying to maximize profit, on anything. Even if he is perceived as "gouging", if the prices are too high, he will either have to lower them, sit on the items, or try to find a sucker on ebay. This trend exists in any collectibles market. I understand about being a community here and giving deals, but reality is reality.
I hear you. If there is a potential to make more money, most people will jump on it. People have the right to charge what they want (although we might fuss about it in the gouging thread). Where canada and other gougers go wrong is when they intentionally seek out the most vehemently anti-Turbo-gouging group on the internet and ask us for help, enter our raffles, and try to sell us stuff. As I've said before, building relationships opens a person up to criticism. Friends, or in this case, enemies, will call someone on their BS faster than a stranger ever will. When people do nice things, they expect the same in return. If a seller wants to grab whatever they can get and run, they should do it elsewhere.

Never bought anything or sold anything.
Uh...yeah, that's because nobody will do business with you. You sound as though you had a choice. How many over-priced items did you TRY to sell? How many raffles did you enter? How many other sellers ignored your PMs like I did?

DarkKobold

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »
I realize I'm the other enemy ebay lover here (even though I've not resold anything here, yet was routinely accused of doing so) but this guy is a douchenozzle. He's the type that give people who use ebay a bad name.

Btw, this auction does look interesting, it is currently ~$11 per game, on average. That isn't bad for most turbo games. I see it easily going over $1k though.
Hey, you.

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
I've reviewed this 73-game auction, and based on that review, I've priced it out at $226.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

esteban

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
I've reviewed this 73-game auction, and based on that review, I've priced it out at $226.

Hey, it's been a long time. Good to see you appraising TG-16 lots .

|    | 

canada

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
went for 230, Pretty close.