Author Topic: Neo Geo X Gold - $200 - freaking seriously?  (Read 2899 times)

TR0N

Re: Neo Geo X Gold - $200 - freaking seriously?
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »
sports games.
Sports games wtf the neo-geo only has a few and not that many to begin with.Yes it does have a lot of fighters but that's 'what the system is know for.Beside it having puzzle,platformers and shoot'em ups etc.Still i all ready have a neo-geo so i don't see to much of a reason to own the neo-geo x.If i wanted it to have it on the go i just have my psp hacked.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:22 AM »
How come neo geo never came out with any fighting games?

So you're just a troll, eh?  Bravo - enjoy your place alongside the likes of swissmiss, ninnypants, and regal.

I admit that the styling looks nice, but there are many similar products on the market which emulate multiple systems, have TV out and can be used via external controllers through USB OTG or Bluetooth etc - and they cost half the price.

The difference being that this thing is legal.  Your argument makes as much sense (i.e. none) as saying compilation discs or VC are a ripoff because you can download the games for free.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bob

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:30 AM »
How come neo geo never came out with any fighting games?

So you're just a troll, eh?  Bravo - enjoy your place alongside the likes of swissmiss, ninnypants, and regal.

I admit that the styling looks nice, but there are many similar products on the market which emulate multiple systems, have TV out and can be used via external controllers through USB OTG or Bluetooth etc - and they cost half the price.

The difference being that this thing is legal.  Your argument makes as much sense (i.e. none) as saying compilation discs or VC are a ripoff because you can download the games for free.

Buddy, will you just relax?  One dumb joke and im a troll now?  I've read some of your other posts so i know you aren't THAT dumb with an accusation like that.
For christ sakes, did a neo geo save your life at one point?  Did you give birth to one?  Not sure why you are so compelled to defend it so much.  Game forums allow differing opinions, no need to get so offended.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2012, 05:39:57 AM »
One dumb joke and im a troll now?

I count six dumb jokes.

Not sure why you are so compelled to defend it so much.

I'm equally uncertain why you feel the need to keep bitching about how much the NeoGeo sucks.  It's called thread crapping and serves no purpose other than to piss off others (a.k.a. trolling).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bob

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 05:59:10 AM »
One dumb joke and im a troll now?

I count six dumb jokes.

Not sure why you are so compelled to defend it so much.

I'm equally uncertain why you feel the need to keep bitching about how much the NeoGeo sucks.  It's called thread crapping and serves no purpose other than to piss off others (a.k.a. trolling).

Six?? No way. At least three of them hit their mark.

As for your second point, i never intended to piss anyone off. Maybe my original response was taken out of context.  Either way, no need to equate me with a serial rapist or anything.  Cut a brother some slack.  I have no interest in just plodding around and dumping crap in threads.  And i dont think i have built the reputation of doing so up to this point.  Guess what, i dont agree with every post i read around here, but you dont see me starting shit do you?.

I dont feel the need to opine on every topic to gain clout or a majestic post count.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:12:17 AM by galam »

GameFreak

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
Sep 16th...
Time to revive the thread...

Release date worldwide is Dec. 6th
pricing confirmed
new pic of unit in black
bonus game for Japanese version (?)
and the system specs

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/11/3317268/neo-geo-x-handheld-standalone-price-specifications I read this after reading Engadgets completely useless article

Mishran

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
Gamestop has a preorder up for this and it includes Ninja Master's as a preorder bonus.

SMF

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
Yea i noticed the preorder about an hour ago and just got mine with an extra controller.

Between the WiiU and Neo Geo ill be busy for a few days lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SignOfZeta

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2012, 03:51:29 PM »
I like the idea of the "Ninja Masters Bonus". Not because its a great game (it isn't, really) but because that is the first conformation that you can officially add games to this thing.

I wonder if the sticks will be wired the same as regular AES sticks. That sure would be convenient. Its also somewhat likely since AES sticks are the cheapest way to make a stick (ie: no internal semiconductors).

Looking at the comments on that site (which I should never do) its obvious we live in a world beyond anyone placing any value at all on software. People saying its a poor deal compared to a tablet, etc prove nobody knows what a f*cking joystick is anymore either.

My only question: what will it actually look like on that off-the-rack screen? I'm going to pissed as hell if I buy it and find it only plays in stretched mode. Super pissed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:58:34 PM by SignOfZeta »

Mishran

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2012, 01:33:24 AM »
The controller ports on the Station looks like USB ports to me, if the pics they have are the official final design. If the sizes of the objects in the pics have any word, the station is going to be smaller than the stick. I'm still on the fence about it, but does look tempting. Who is the say how long official support will last for this. What will be the prices for the game cards? Can we expect the whole line of Neo games to be released for it?  have too many questions and they have not enough answers. I think I'll wait.

Nando

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »
Can we expect the whole line of Neo games to be released for it? 

From what I understand the SNK Playmore service, the same that provides the PS3 with games will be tied in to this Neo Unit, so who knows we may just see some cool games re-re-released. The consoles becomes more attractive if that is indeed the case.

TheClash603

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2012, 01:02:52 PM »
I wish it was announced if you could use your old Neo Geo AES controllers on the home unit.  I have two of them and wouldn't want to preorder another controller if I don't need to.  I am assuming that Gamestop isn't going to have a stack of these thing either, so I imagine preorder is the only way to ensure the controller, if needed.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2012, 01:12:48 PM »
Well, I can always use a backup stick. If they are USB, that's even better since it will work on Windows/Mac/PS3. The only down side would be if it were anything else, ie: proprietary.

Mishran

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »
Depending on popularity and how well it sells overall, we might see some homemade adapters for this to allow an AES controller to be used on it, if native connectivity isn't possible... which I'm assuming not.

storino03

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
so this portable is going to have games released on cards (like nintendo ds)?