Author Topic: Neo Geo X Gold - $200 - freaking seriously?  (Read 2864 times)

munchiaz

Re: Neo Geo X Gold - $200 - freaking seriously?
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
I think its pretty neat. I dont think the price point is to high for all the things you are getting. There are still some unanswered questions about the product though. The one about the game cards actually having games on them. A list of future games coming out and so on.

esteban

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »
I bet it doesn't even support Bluetooth headphones, motion control, 3D, or NFC purchasing. What a joke.

Hahahahhahahahahaha.

|    | 

Nando

SignOfZeta

« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2012, 08:44:10 AM »
OK, that new clip there doesn't mention the biggest question I've had from the begining; is there a 4:3 mode? If this thing only plays stretched there is NO f*ckING WAY I'm buying it. I'm not a Grandma watching the news for f*ck's sake.

I can understand why they used a wide LCD, chances are 4:3 ones are rare these days. But if its a "Neo Geo" the thing is designed to emulate then ALL games will have to be stretched to fit it and all games will be warped to f*ck.

I'm thinking, probably, that this is just an oversight. The thing is probably in wide mode because the guy playing the system in that video is an idiot. He looks like he's touching a pussy for the first time.

The rest of the hardware looks fantastic, I have to say. No 4:3 mode, if that turns out to be the case, is a deal breaker though. Totally.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:13:57 PM by SignOfZeta »

GameFreak

« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
its not 4:3 (on the TV mode), I'll bet my life on it. I'm still getting one though
"stretched" or "cropped" is the question

soop

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
I think the problem with the price is that blaze has been churning out sub-par Megadrive knock-offs for years now at a price point of roughly £30.  Of course Megadrives are pretty damn cheap to begin with, and there's nothing like this.

I'm willing to bet however, that this will be of similar quality, and people are gonna look at the Megaclones as a comparison.

It looks nice, but there's no way I can afford this right now.

tpivette

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
Pre-ordered mine today. Finally be able to play the games I only saw in magazines at ridiculous prices when I was a kid. The price of this package beats buying a AES and all the games that come with the new setup. Win-win for me
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

nectarsis

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
Pre-ordered mine today. Finally be able to play the games I only saw in magazines at ridiculous prices when I was a kid. The price of this package beats buying a AES and all the games that come with the new setup. Win-win for me

That's what buying MVS is for ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

tpivette

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »
Seems as though a 4:3 screen is availible. Still a better deal than either an AES or MVS for people who've yearned but never had the chance to play SNK games. Add a 2nd controler and hell yeah... the wife and I can get in on some SS2 throwdown!

Looks as though you can expand on the 20 (or 21) games that come with the system, also. Looking good on my part (as I don't own ether home consoles). Again... win-win!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Deletion

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »
When I noticed this weekend that Amazon finally had a listing for the system, I promptly placed a pre-order for the Gold package and an extra controller.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
Seems as though a 4:3 screen is availible. Still a better deal than either an AES or MVS for people who've yearned but never had the chance to play SNK games. Add a 2nd controler and hell yeah... the wife and I can get in on some SS2 throwdown!

Looks as though you can expand on the 20 (or 21) games that come with the system, also. Looking good on my part (as I don't own ether home consoles). Again... win-win!

You say "looks like" as if you've read new info. Do you have a link?

roflmao

« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
On the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/NEOGEO-GOLD-Limited-Edition-Electronic-Games/dp/B0093G9VOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349743395&sr=8-1&keywords=neo+geo+x+gold

It says the the limited edition pre-order comes with a "Ninja Master's Neogeo X Game Card." I don't know diddly about the Neo Geo, but that sounds like an additional game on a card to me.  Which would be sweet.  I'm very tempted to pick one of these up, along with an extra controller.

UPDATE:  Just noticed this image on the amazon link.   Sorry it's so big:

Looks like the game is on a standard SD card!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:53:36 PM by roflmao »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
I have two questions about this system:

1 - Can this play TEH ROMZ illegally downloaded from the internet?

2 - Is the video out limited to composite or does it have s-video? (EDIT: I see it has HDMI out. It is protected or can I record it?)

OK I lied, I have more questions:

3 - Is this emulation or a NGOAC?  How accurate is this to the real systems?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:56:21 PM by Joe Redifer »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
It's emulation. Accuracy is unknown but has no reason to not be perfect. I'm sure you can't plays teh romz on it as shipped, but it's almost certainly to be hacked the same day it comes out so illegitimate expansion will be there long after the thing dies.

Still looking for confirmation of 4:3 mode, although if Blaze/SNK were too f*cking stupid to put that in I'm pretty sure the hackers eventually will.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »
Duplicate post. Sorry.