Author Topic: Need TurboDuo A/V repair  (Read 211 times)

Mobius

Need TurboDuo A/V repair
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Can anyone here refer someone that can do reliable TurboDuo repair?  For years, I've had to wiggle the A/V connector to get a picture from my Duo.  Tonight, it failed completely and stopped giving any picture.  It still powers on and spins the disc, I just get no picture.  I tried reflowing the solder on the A/V port, but no luck.  I think it just needs to be replaced.

Help!

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Need TurboDuo A/V repair
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
Yep.  Fellow forum members.
BlueBMW
keithcourage
turbokon
thesteve

Mobius

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
Thanks!  I sent them all messages.

If anyone knows of someone else I should check with, or if someone reading this wants to give it a shot, feel free to reply/PM.

wilykat

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
It's possible the cable has gone bad (nroken connection inside the plug) or the socket has gone bad.

Mobius

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:32:20 PM »
It's possible the cable has gone bad (nroken connection inside the plug) or the socket has gone bad.

Actually, BlueBMW suggested the same thing.  I had already tried the cable in my Neo Geo CDZ to rule that out.  But when Blue made that suggestion, I started tinkering more.  I tried my Master System A/V cable in the Duo, and it worked perfectly!  Amazing!

So, the cable and Duo both seem to work, they just don't work together, for some weird reason.  I'll chalk it up to a fluke.  So now it seems like all I need is a new cable.  Thankfully!

BlueBMW

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »
Its possible the AV port on the neo was a little tighter and made better contact.  It could also be that the master system cable pins are a little bigger than your Duo's stock av cable and thus made better contact.  Either way, it looks like youve narrowed down the problem!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wilykat

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
Sounds like worn out plug.