Author Topic: WTB/TF: Any TurboGrafx CD. Just about any of them.  (Read 307 times)

johnblueriggs

WTB/TF: Any TurboGrafx CD. Just about any of them.
« on: August 18, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »
Yeah, it's a pretty generic request, but here's why. I just got a TurboGrafx CD with no games. I had a few HuCards from my TurboExpress, but no CD games so I don't know if the discdrive works or not.

If you happen to have any spare games or duplicates you don't need. I'd especially love Ys I & II, Ys 3, Exile but I'd be interested in whatever you happen to have. I'm anxious to see if the CD is working or not.

John Riggs
Retro Gamer / Collector

Keith Courage

Re: WTB/TF: Any TurboGrafx CD. Just about any of them.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
You can test it with an audio CD in the meantime until you get a game. Just pop in your audio disc and hit run to start the CD player.

BlueBMW

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
To save some disappointment, it might be worth trying an audio cd first.  That way if your drive doesnt work you dont have to stare at a game longing to play it while your drive gets fixed.  Hopefully it will work flawlessly.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

johnblueriggs

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
Just tried an audio CD... nothin'   Looks like I'll have to send it back and try on another one.
John Riggs
Retro Gamer / Collector

T2KFreeker

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
Just tried an audio CD... nothin'   Looks like I'll have to send it back and try on another one.
You know, some of the guys here could fix the CD Drive? It might be that the gear is stripped even and that's all it needs. Just ask around . . .
END OF LINE.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »

Did the LED on the CD light up?  If not, you may not have "locked" the CD unit in place.

johnblueriggs

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 06:12:21 PM »

[/quote]

Did the LED on the CD light up?  If not, you may not have "locked" the CD unit in place.
[/quote]

Yep, everything lights up, disc spins, it says PC in red on the display, just nothing loads.
John Riggs
Retro Gamer / Collector

Firebomber7

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 05:13:19 AM »
Do you have a system card? :D

johnblueriggs

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
I do have a CD system card (not for Super CD, though). I did get a copy of Exile and it worked, but the graphics were glitchy. I tried cleaning the lens and the graphics were fine, but never loaded past the title screen. I'll post in the repair forums.
John Riggs
Retro Gamer / Collector

Firebomber7

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
Did you do everything you could to clean the connection between the unit, the IFU and the CD-ROM?

johnblueriggs

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
I haven't gotten as far as to clean the between the unit, but it wouldn't hurt. The more I experiment, the more I'm thinking it may be a 'gears' issue. I'll check the forums to see if there's an easy fix or replacement.
John Riggs
Retro Gamer / Collector