Author Topic: Have you ever owned Magical Chase ?  (Read 713 times)

Xray

Have you ever owned Magical Chase ?
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:48:41 PM »
I did, bought it new at Toys R Us back in the day.
Never cared much for it from what I remember, but once my kids were old enough to play it, they liked it.
Then my Turbo and all the games went through a decade + of non use, but I was content enough to sit on them. Fairly financially secure, so never really had the need to sell, and I figured some day I'd use it again.
Fast forward to around 2008 or 9, I checked ebay turbo listings out of curiosity, and was shocked to see MC going for $300-$400. I saved all my boxes and manuals, so I threw my complete MC on ebay, and indeed got somewhere between $300-$400 for it. I've often wondered how many times it has been flipped since then, and how much $$ has been made just from this one game.

I have an achieve of pics of things I listed on ebay going back years ... I remember I took pics of the game and box, and also of my TV playing the game to show that it worked. Haven't been able to find those, but am still searching.
Am I correct in guessing that MC was made towards the end, and was shipped in very limited numbers ?
[Tried to create a basic "Yes or No" poll here, didn't see a poll option].

DragonmasterDan

Re: Have you ever owned Magical Chase ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »

I have an achieve of pics of things I listed on ebay going back years ... I remember I took pics of the game and box, and also of my TV playing the game to show that it worked. Haven't been able to find those, but am still searching.

To answer the topic question. Yes, I have it.

Am I correct in guessing that MC was made towards the end, and was shipped in very limited numbers ?
[Tried to create a basic "Yes or No" poll here, didn't see a poll option].

It was made towards the end and shipped in fewer numbers than most releases. However, the main reason it's so valuable isn't the number produced, but rather the number of copies destroyed when TTI was liquidating assets. Most of the copies got run over by a steamroller.
--DragonmasterDan

meka

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:09:45 AM »
I've got the Japanese version that I bought about 5 years ago, the last US one I saw on ebay sold for almost $3000.

reno5

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:39:28 AM »
Nope and never seen one in action.

TG16 died here in my area before the Turbo Duo came out. Firts saw a Turbo Duo in Quebec city when searching for TG16 games at Radio Shack.

We didn't had Toy's R Us here and when we finally got one it didn't last long. (6 years or so)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:01:20 AM »
Nope, never owned one (except for the stack in the garage).  Perhaps I will someday, but I'm not too worried about it.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 05:13:00 AM »
I bought it new bitd and immediately tore it open and played it on my Express. I've been playing it ever since.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

csgx1

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 05:38:30 AM »
I owned the PCE version about 8 years ago and only acquired it because of a good deal on a lot.  A decent game, but it was never on my 'to buy' list of games.  I never really cared too much about MC back in the day or even now.  If in the future I come across a US MC for, lets say $20, great....if not, then no big deal. 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 07:04:29 AM »
I own the rom!!!

nyuk nyuk ;)

Colossus1574

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 08:21:07 AM »
I bought it new bitd and immediately tore it open and played it on my Express. I've been playing it ever since.

Good on ya! that's what games are for :)

Personally, i've never owned one...and when i do it'll be for the PCE anyways since i don't own a T16 anymore.

Flare65

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 01:09:51 PM »
Bought it new when I worked at Electronics Boutique back in the day.  Sold it in the late 90's on ebay while I was in college.  Wish I didn't.  I remember getting about 60.00 for it back then.  I'f I had only known...... at least I kept my copies of Bonk 3 and Soldier Blade.

roflmao

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »
I've never owned it, but I have to admit it was one of the first games I tried out when my huflash card arrived yesterday. :D  I really dig it!  It's a shame I'll never officially have it in my library.

spida1a

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »
I hear you on that!!

I picked my copy up in the year 2000 when I was trying to complete my U.S. TG16 collection (needed about twenty more).  Paid $85.00 complete without box.  I remember back then saying, "Wow, well...if I want to get everything I'll have to shell out a bit more here".   Little did I know.

I enjoy the game.  I did the video review of it quite early just so I had proof in case someone stole it from me.  'cause I wouldn't be buying another today.  Ha ha!
:)

esteban

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
I did the video review of it quite early just so I had proof in case someone stole it from me.  'cause I wouldn't be buying another today.  Ha ha!
:)

Ha!

|    | 

SMF

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 08:54:02 PM »
Yes i have it, Got mine at a estate sale a few years back (7 years maybe i dont remember) But i paid around $350 for a box of Duo stuff. System and a bunch of games. Was looting thru it and almost jizzed in my pants and remember telling the lady would you come down on the box of games she came down $25 or $30 bucks lol.

I enjoy MC but its not as awesome as some of the other shooters on the TG16.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

BlueBMW

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 12:34:10 AM »
I own a loose pc engine copy.  Paid $75 for it.

I remember seding US MC for around $300 or so back when I started getting really heavy into games (2001-2003 or so)  I thought that was too much back then.  Still too much, but I do think MC is a great game.  I think some of the dislike for it comes from its cost and hype that surrounds it.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc