Author Topic: Awful Raffle: Yo Bro!  (Read 1211 times)

reno5

Re: Awful Raffle: Yo Bro!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 12:33:19 AM »
count me in i have the case for it ! :)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »
Im in.  I could use some eye punishment.  This game is so terrible but I cant help myself.  Lol

Firebomber7

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 02:25:48 AM »
I'll enter for this apparent rubbish of a game. I remember it being reviewed in Gamepro back in the day, and thinking it looked cool. I never actually played it. When I got into emulators in the late 90s, I was going to download it and try it out, but all the reviews told me that playing it felt like being gang raped by a large group of angry mountain gorillas, so I didn't try it out. Since then, I have had a great fear of gorillas. Once, in Oeno Zoo in Tokyo, I saw a gorilla and fell into the fetal position and started crying and whimpering, "no bro... no bro... ." So please, if I do win this raffle, I ask that you include a container of Vasoline to help reduce the pain and a box of tissues for my tears.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 04:03:30 AM »
I've already a copy of this crappler, but +1 TurbobKarma for spreading the joy pain.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esadajr

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 04:51:21 AM »
Put me on the raffle. I hope I don't win it. Otherwise I'll have to make a video of myself playing it  :?
Gaming since 1985

esteban

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 06:34:57 AM »
I don't have time to write up my usual "In Defense of Yo' Bro!" post, so this will have to suffice... here is one little quote from this far too lenient (7/10 score) review:

"The graphics in Yo' Bro! are not up to the quality one has a right to expect from a graphics powerhouse like the TurboGrafx-16."

Still, it is not the worst game and is strangely addictive for me (it gets challenging at the end and I guess I'm drawn to games that I can't beat easily).

More to come...
  |    | 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 06:43:22 AM »
YEEAH!!!  Count me in.  I don't own it, but I should!!

I've heard comparisons of it to one of my favorite arcade games - 720°.  A bit of a mix of that and Camp California!!  I MUST OWNZ THIS!!

+7° Turbob Karmac

Firebomber7

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
TV Sports Hockey is rated way to well.

xelement5x

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »
Never played it and would love to have a new way to inflict punishment onto others that doesn't leave visible bruises, so please count me in!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Paisa49

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »
I'm a glutton for punishment, let me have it!

DarkKobold

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
I don't have time to write up my usual "In Defense of Yo' Bro!" post, so this will have to suffice... here is one little quote from this far too lenient (7/10 score) review:

Oh man, this brings back memories of reading Nintendo Power. Every game got a ridiculously good review. Additionally, lest we forget, the magazine must also kiss the ass of the system it is on, with such gems of quotes as "a graphics powerhouse like the TurboGrafx-16."

What really amazes me is that we as childern ate this shit up! I think the best descriptive quote of nintendo power I've read was "cranking out articles that appeared to be re-worded marketing copy for the latest Nintendo products."

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Nintendo-Power-Magazine-GameCube-Future-Publishing-Wii,news-16058.html
Hey, you.

esteban

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 05:04:48 AM »

Oh man, this brings back memories of reading Nintendo Power. Every game got a ridiculously good review. Additionally, lest we forget, the magazine must also kiss the ass of the system it is on, with such gems of quotes as "a graphics powerhouse like the TurboGrafx-16."

What really amazes me is that we as childern ate this shit up! I think the best descriptive quote of nintendo power I've read was "cranking out articles that appeared to be re-worded marketing copy for the latest Nintendo products."

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Nintendo-Power-Magazine-GameCube-Future-Publishing-Wii,news-16058.html

Yes. This dovetails with what I just posted in the Nintendo Power thread, ha! I wish I read this first.

All magazines (media) sell the readers to their clients (the advertisers).

I always hated how 99% of articles/reviews would recycle silly stuff (a superficial regurgitation of the setting/plot/mechanics of a game) instead of diving into relevant insights that the critic/reviewer actually experienced. If you are lucky, a few scattered sentences comprise the entire "original" content of a typical review.

I can't find my real "In Defense of Yo' Bro!" post yet, so this will have to do for now.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:12:02 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

sauce55

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
Sign me up...I never played this game don't know how bad it is

esadajr

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
I'm so scared of winning this...
Gaming since 1985

KnightWarrior