Author Topic: Mysterious Song is now released  (Read 14896 times)

Bardoly

Re: Mysterious Song is now released
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2012, 04:32:02 AM »
I didn't see this game on GameFAQs yet, so I just submitted it to them to hopefully be added to their list of Turbo CD games.  I hope that others are trying to get this game added to other websites' lists of Turbo CD games.  I don't see a Wikipedia article about this game yet, either, and I hope that someone with more intimate knowledge of this game can get an article written up and added.

IMHO: The more that the word gets out, the more people will purchase a copy and the developers can either be somewhat compensated for their labor of love and/or can use the funds to develop more Turbo CD games.

Duo_R

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2012, 05:16:15 AM »
Is it on PCE Dai website yet?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »
Is it on PCE Dai website yet?

It'll be in the next big update (including Insanity and all the PC-FX titles), which will go live any day now.   Yep.... any day now. 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keith Courage

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »
I was wondering about the length of the game. Is it around 10 hours of play like the original Dos version or is there some extra content added to it?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
It would be nice, if, when the game is ordered (like I did from http://www.frozenutopia.com/ ), that the purchaser gets some kind of e-mail confirmation.  I mean, I got an e-mail confirmation from PayPal that I paid, but that's it.  No "Thank you for your order, it's on its way" or "Thank you for your order, we expect more in stock at such-and-such a time".  I even PM'd Rover.  Not a single response.  All I have is a PayPal receipt to something called boricuagoodies.com. Customers do like status updates and confirmations.  But with that weird admin@boricuagoodies.com e-mail address and looking at the cheesy www.boricuagoodies.com website, I feel I may have been scammed.  Frozen Utopia isn't handling the actual selling of this item very well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:36:27 PM by Joe Redifer »

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
It would be nice, if, when the game is ordered (like I did from http://www.frozenutopia.com/ ), that the purchaser gets some kind of e-mail confirmation.  I mean, I got an e-mail confirmation from PayPal that I paid, but that's it.  No "Thank you for your order, it's on its way" or "Thank you for your order, we expect more in stock at such-and-such a time".  I even PM'd Rover.  Not a single response.  All I have is a PayPal receipt to something called boricuagoodies.com. Customers do like status updates and confirmations.  But with that weird admin@boricuagoodies.com e-mail address and looking at the cheesy www.boricuagoodies.com website, I feel I may have been scammed.  Frozen Utopia isn't handling the actual selling of this item very well.

What, you dont wanna order a box of rice and some seasonings with your game? :P

Joe Redifer

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »
I know, right?  Maybe some canned goods?

HercTNT

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »
would make for an interesting pack in deal. buy MSR, get box of rice.

motdelbourt

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »
It would be nice, if, when the game is ordered (like I did from http://www.frozenutopia.com/ ), that the purchaser gets some kind of e-mail confirmation.  I mean, I got an e-mail confirmation from PayPal that I paid, but that's it.  No "Thank you for your order, it's on its way" or "Thank you for your order, we expect more in stock at such-and-such a time".  I even PM'd Rover.  Not a single response.  All I have is a PayPal receipt to something called boricuagoodies.com. Customers do like status updates and confirmations.  But with that weird admin@boricuagoodies.com e-mail address and looking at the cheesy www.boricuagoodies.com website, I feel I may have been scammed.  Frozen Utopia isn't handling the actual selling of this item very well.

What, you dont wanna order a box of rice and some seasonings with your game? :P

I actually would have paid another $4 to get a chocolate bar with my game.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »
I know, right?  Maybe some canned goods?

Seriously lol. Not to knock Rover or anything either on this, but on the about page it states:

If you are a Puerto Rican living in the United States, then you probably know how difficult it is to find products from companies here in Puerto Rico. Names like Goya and Bohio are grossly underrepresented in the United States. Spanish sections of grocery stores rarely have anything aside from taco shells and salsa. And all of your favorite spices and condiments are nowhere to be seen.

To me it almost sounds like him and his wife have not been to a stateside grocery store in years. Basically every single store I go to for groceries has a huge Spanish section of canned, bottled, and dried goods both, along with a semi-decent Asian section.

Duo_R

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
Wondering the same thing too

I was wondering about the length of the game. Is it around 10 hours of play like the original Dos version or is there some extra content added to it?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
Huh, I thought Keranu was sending out the delivery confirmation numbers to people.  Atleast, that's what it sounded like :-k

As for length, the regular game is the same except I believe there is an extra area added, then there's an EX game with new story & alternate ending, & perhaps there's more :D

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
I'd be down with some adobo or pineapple soda with my copy.  lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »
I'd be down with some adobo or pineapple soda with my copy.  lol

Pineapple soda sounds good right about now actually.

esteban

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2012, 02:20:28 AM »
I honestly don't understand the problem: Mysterious Song is 100% pure canned delight from Puerto Rico.

Rover never claimed otherwise.

You folks have to lighten up, SRSLY.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:14:30 AM by esteban »
  |    |