Author Topic: Mysterious Song is now released  (Read 14970 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Mysterious Song is now released
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2012, 02:35:57 AM »
Next game we release, I'll wrap them all in saran wrap and tape.

Is that good enough?

:)
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Mishran

« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »
Sealed games be damned, open and play the bastards! People nowadays... :roll:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2012, 03:37:41 AM »
Why waste $50 on shrink wrap that's just gonna get ripped off and shit canned anyway?  Mother Earth, Byron's crew, and I are glad it was skipped.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
LOL.

I will get pyramid plunder pressed and sealed

and rip all the seals on them before shipping.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2012, 06:58:10 AM »
LOL.

I will get pyramid plunder pressed and sealed

and rip all the seals on them before shipping.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Have the fronts etched to make them look like shop-bought CD-Rs.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
Why didn't the copies come sealed? That was why I ordered it in the first place.

Oh f*cking hell.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:11 AM »
Why didn't the copies come sealed? That was why I ordered it in the first place. There's also a huge crack on the front case. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is out to resell in the future, but it would have been a nice gesture if it was 'sealed'. Would have ordered two copies.
There's a huge crack on your copy? PM me your address and I'll send you a new one ASAP. I've been examining all the copies before shipping them to make sure they're in pristine condition, your copy must've received damage during shipping. I've switched to smaller, more padded envelopes now too to ensure safety.

This is why I use priority flat rate boxes + bubblewrap.

The envelopes, while padded, don't do dick against weight related cracking unless you pad it to some idiotic thickness..

If you wrap your fist in bubblewrap and push down on a jewelcase, you can still cause stress cracks.

Rigid cardboard prevents this jive.

Sure it costs a bit more to ship, but hey, f*ck it. It's worth it! 

Keranu

« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »
I bought some bubble wrap yesterday that I've been using. I think the new bubble mailers I bought should do just fine by themselves, the other envelopes I was using had too much extra space in them; I originally planned on using them for the pre-orders so there was enough room to hold the game + DVD case.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2012, 10:11:15 AM »
Why didn't the copies come sealed? That was why I ordered it in the first place.

Really? I ordered mine so I would have a cool new game to play on my TurboDuo and to support the great cause of Turbo home-brew.

But hey, maybe that's just me.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »
I bought some bubble wrap yesterday that I've been using. I think the new bubble mailers I bought should do just fine by themselves, the other envelopes I was using had too much extra space in them; I originally planned on using them for the pre-orders so there was enough room to hold the game + DVD case.

There are those little brown bubble mailers from scotch/ducttape, etc

They work alright, but I still don't trust that shit.

Boxes + Bubblewrap.  I love boxes.   Plus, the boxes are free as f*ck!

Keranu

« Reply #190 on: September 06, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
I'll be picking up some of the free boxes at the post office too. They don't carry the padded envelopes there anyways.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

vestcoat

« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Why didn't the copies come sealed? That was why I ordered it in the first place. There's also a huge crack on the front case. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is out to resell in the future, but it would have been a nice gesture if it was 'sealed'. Would have ordered two copies.
There's a huge crack on your copy? PM me your address and I'll send you a new one ASAP. I've been examining all the copies before shipping them to make sure they're in pristine condition, your copy must've received damage during shipping. I've switched to smaller, more padded envelopes now too to ensure safety.
Keranu, I admire your professionalism, but Storino in no way deserves a replacement. Cracked jewel cases are a fact of life. Paper envelopes, padded envelopes, bubble mailers, or boxes, it doesn't matter; I've pulled cracked cases out of every conceivable package. From slobs on ebay, to corporations like Amazon and CDbaby, to meticulous record collectors on Gemm.com, humanity simply has yet to invent a foolproof shipping method for jewel cases. (The best cost/safety compromise I've found is to just use a bubble mailer, but put a little square of bubblewrap inside the jewel case to distribute pressure, between the disc and the cover.)

Also, it's not like a cracked jewel case is in anyway a hardship. Reasonable people don't care. If they do, modern cases are easily swapped and can be purchased for pennies. Sometimes it's difficult to find a perfectly-fitting cover for old Turbochip cases, but Myserious Song uses a modern case.

Finally, Storino's whining guilt trip doesn't even make sense:
1) he ordered the game because he thought it was sealed,
2) he's pissed that it wasn't sealed,
3) if it had been sealed he would have ordered two... even though he only ordered one back when he thought it was sealed.

What a f*cking pussy. I doubt he was even planning to open and play the game.

Keranu

« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
The only thing I'm not satisfied about MSR's packaging is the jewel case. From first glance they look like a real Turbo game, but there's definitely a quality loss in the cases Nationwide Disc uses. They feel thinner and cheaper, even more prone to breaking than the thicker ones used back in the 80's and 90's. I plan on swapping the inserts from my own personal copy into a better case. It's not a huge deal, just a little nitpick I have.

As far as Storino, I can understand wanting to have a sealed copy; it would feel great to tear open a fresh, new Turbo game like the old days. But as everyone's said, it's not worth the extra production cost to have eBay scammers to spike the cost of our game and rig the market, as they're so eager to do!

Black Tiger

« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
I plan on swapping out the cheap NWD cases of a couple copies into real Turbo and PCE cases and storing them along side my segregated Turbo and PCE games.

I suggest to anyone who wants a quality unbroken case (which will remain uncracked) to buy a cdr or cheap CD that comes with a nice case and swap it out for the cheap ones that MS comes with. The cheap case is the only part of the game that doesn't reflect any of the work we put into the game.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

jperryss

« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
As far as Storino, I can understand wanting to have a sealed copy; it would feel great to tear open a fresh, new Turbo game like the old days. But as everyone's said, it's not worth the extra production cost to have eBay scammers to spike the cost of our game and rig the market, as they're so eager to do!

Pretty much this. I will order once I'm no longer broke, and not being sealed has no bearing on that decision. But yes, there is something satisfying about liberating a brand new game from its cellophane wrapping.