Author Topic: Mysterious Song is now released  (Read 14992 times)

Keranu

Re: Mysterious Song is now released
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »
You know, and not Hispanic food related, but one thing that seems to be hard to get in some areas is pickled okra. I've sent a few jars off and on to Sini since they don't seem to be available in his area. I can buy the stuff all day long but evidently its just not carried everywhere.
Pickled okra is the shit! I could eat a dozen jars if I felt like it.

If it makes ya feel better Joe, your order has been confirmed and is in my order log :P .

It does, thanks.
Coooooool!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

jonzo

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »
Old Rover - are you (or Keranu) selling as ebay user "equuskia"?

Don't want to order from someone ripping off your good work.

Ta.

Bernie

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »
Old Rover - are you (or Keranu) selling as ebay user "equuskia"?

Don't want to order from someone ripping off your good work.

Ta.

Thats them. 

jonzo

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »
Great - ordered.

Ta.

nodtveidt

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »
Yeah, it's my wife's account. We set that up so no one could rip us off. :)

motdelbourt

« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »
My game arrived today, after ordering it only like 2-3 days ago. I haven't popped it in yet, but I'm impressed by the quality of the packaging and the look of the disc. Everything is spot-on. The manual is in color so the packaging is arguably superior to previous US Super CD games.

esteban

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:59 AM »

ASIDE: I love how intrigued M.H. (Professor) was with Rover's export business.

BACK ON TOPIC: I know this sounds silly, but the one thing I look forward to the most is... listening to the Mysterious Song soundtrack. I'm only going to be able to play MSR: The Game in bits and pieces. But I'll be able to listen to the soundtrack immediately and continuously.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
My game arrived today, after ordering it only like 2-3 days ago. I haven't popped it in yet, but I'm impressed by the quality of the packaging and the look of the disc. Everything is spot-on. The manual is in color so the packaging is arguably superior to previous US Super CD games.

Glad you like it! Thanks for posting!

BACK ON TOPIC: I know this sounds silly, but the one thing I look forward to the most is... listening to the Mysterious Song soundtrack. I'm only going to be able to play MSR: The Game in bits and pieces. But I'll be able to listen to the soundtrack immediately and continuously.

I conceived an idea of making the bonus soundtrack CD+G compatible so you can actually pop it in your Turbo to watch scrolling visuals as an extra. We've been working with TheOldMan on getting this to work, but unfortunately we just didn't have the time to implement it for the release. Oh well, we're hoping it will work for Jungle Bros soundtrack.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »

I conceived an idea of making the bonus soundtrack CD+G compatible so you can actually pop it in your Turbo to watch scrolling visuals as an extra. We've been working with TheOldMan on getting this to work, but unfortunately we just didn't have the time to implement it for the release. Oh well, we're hoping it will work for Jungle Bros soundtrack.

YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY:

I would love for folks to create new CD+G experiences. It was a technology that must be pushed to the limit in 2012. I don't need miracles, but I want some really wonderful CD+G action on my TG-CD.

Arkhan, I'm talking to you, too.

CD+G is where it's at for all audio releases, IMHO.

Thank you for keeping the flames of my fantasy burning brightly.

|    | 

vestcoat

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »
Certainly for Turbo-related audio, but if I had my way, records would all be released on dual discs with DVD content. As much as I love obsolete technology (CD+G's), there's nothing like listening to Bruce Springsteen or Nick cave in surround sound with the lyrics right there on the screen and maybe an interview elsewhere on the disc.

Unfortunately, none of these formats seem to catch on - CD+G, Enhanced, Dual Disc, etc. Apparently the average listener prefers blowing their eardrums out with MP3's on earbuds.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:44:10 AM by vestcoat »

esteban

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »

Certainly for Turbo-related audio, but if I had my way, records would all be released on dual discs with DVD content. As much as I love obsolete technology (CD+G's), there's nothing like listening to Bruce Springsteen or Nick cave in surround sound with the lyrics right there on the screen and maybe an interview elsewhere on the disc.

Unfortunately, none of these formats seem to catch on - CD+G, Enhanced, Dual Disc, etc. Apparently the average listener prefers blowing their eardrums out with MP3's on earbuds.

I know. Even folks with handheld, portable devices (be it Phone or dedicated handheld) think that headphones/earbuds are their only choice for decent sound.

Of course, this isnt their only choice:

http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Cyber_Core/Title_Screen.mp3
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »
WHERE TEH HELL IS MY COPY IF MYSTERIOUSANTIY.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TheOldMan

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »
I would love for folks to create new CD+G experiences. It was a technology that must be pushed to the limit in 2012. I don't need miracles, but I want some really wonderful CD+G action on my TG-CD.

Sorry, we're busy right now with pp.
I have to brush up on linux cd_record before we start, too.

roflmao

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
I've put a few hours into it over the past couple of days and have been having a blast!  Started climbing Darm, er, Tower of the Gods earlier this evening.  REALLY great work, guys!  I'm so glad you toughed it out and got this released. :D

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

Sorry, we're busy right now with pp.
I have to brush up on linux cd_record before we start, too.

lol.
  Linux cd_record. 

It'll be a fun time.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.