Author Topic: Mysterious Song is now released  (Read 15037 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Mysterious Song is now released
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
As far as Storino, I can understand wanting to have a sealed copy; it would feel great to tear open a fresh, new Turbo game like the old days. But as everyone's said, it's not worth the extra production cost to have eBay scammers to spike the cost of our game and rig the market, as they're so eager to do!

Pretty much this. I will order once I'm no longer broke, and not being sealed has no bearing on that decision. But yes, there is something satisfying about liberating a brand new game from its cellophane wrapping.

I would have loved to have had it factory sealed... so I could tear it open. I have a stack of sealed Turbo and PCE games that I am waiting to open until I have the time to immediately play through them afterward. It is a big deal for me, just as I stare at the Now Loading screen of new CD games without blinking to fully take a the game for the first time. But I totally get the reasons for getting them un-sealed.

However, gougers, collectors, etc will still have their kind of fun with it anyway. All that the lack of cellophane means, is that any loose copy can be professionally graded, as they are as they come new. There are likely multiple copies already sent to the VGA.

EDIT:

Why didn't the copies come sealed? That was why I ordered it in the first place. There's also a huge crack on the front case. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is out to resell in the future, but it would have been a nice gesture if it was 'sealed'. Would have ordered two copies.

For those who could be interested, the Pier Solar Definitive Original Soundtrack (including the MCD disc) is now available.
Someone has made a video on youtube :

Nice, I preordered 3 copies. One to keep sealed, one to open, and one to resell.

I guess an apology is in order, as the reasons behind the decision to not have the games sealed was in fact directed at people like storino03. On the bright side, at least it is an actual game that can be played for only the price of a single copy of a game soundtrack.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:48:12 PM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »
What a dick.

Mathius

« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2012, 03:48:06 PM »
I would hate to see MSR share the same fate with first runs of Pier Solar. I haven't looked on eBay lately but the last copy I saw was at MGC and it was listed at $240. I still have my first run copy, but I don't look at it and see dollar signs. I look at as a piece of Mega Drive history and a great game to boot. I guess it would be optimistic to think that the PC Engine community would be immune to such shenanigans, but at least the shrinkwrap decision will cool the fire some.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

nodtveidt

« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »
We took several steps to prevent price gouging of MSR... seems to be working thus far. :)

storino03

« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
As far as Storino, I can understand wanting to have a sealed copy; it would feel great to tear open a fresh, new Turbo game like the old days. But as everyone's said, it's not worth the extra production cost to have eBay scammers to spike the cost of our game and rig the market, as they're so eager to do!

Pretty much this. I will order once I'm no longer broke, and not being sealed has no bearing on that decision. But yes, there is something satisfying about liberating a brand new game from its cellophane wrapping.

I would have loved to have had it factory sealed... so I could tear it open. I have a stack of sealed Turbo and PCE games that I am waiting to open until I have the time to immediately play through them afterward. It is a big deal for me, just as I stare at the Now Loading screen of new CD games without blinking to fully take a the game for the first time. But I totally get the reasons for getting them un-sealed.

However, gougers, collectors, etc will still have their kind of fun with it anyway. All that the lack of cellophane means, is that any loose copy can be professionally graded, as they are as they come new. There are likely multiple copies already sent to the VGA.

EDIT:

Why didn't the copies come sealed? That was why I ordered it in the first place. There's also a huge crack on the front case. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is out to resell in the future, but it would have been a nice gesture if it was 'sealed'. Would have ordered two copies.

For those who could be interested, the Pier Solar Definitive Original Soundtrack (including the MCD disc) is now available.
Someone has made a video on youtube :

Nice, I preordered 3 copies. One to keep sealed, one to open, and one to resell.

I guess an apology is in order, as the reasons behind the decision to not have the games sealed was in fact directed at people like storino03. On the bright side, at least it is an actual game that can be played for only the price of a single copy of a game soundtrack.

Actually, I was being sarcastic about Pier Solar and having three copies. I only purchased one of the reprint edition. Didn't even know about it until this past January. I haven't opened it, but I do plan on buying a play copy sometime when it's not as expensive (for a new one on their website).

Also, if you want, you can check my ebay account (storino03). I don't resell games that I keep sealed or find in the wild (used). Unless it wasn't my liking when I tried it out, but that is super rare. It usually ends up going to the collection.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:43:11 PM by storino03 »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2012, 03:01:21 AM »
Jewel cases have gotten cheaper in general.

Brand new CDs from the store sometimes have the same cases.   They are noticeably weaker.   It's basically a toss-up.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

SMF

« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2012, 03:47:11 AM »
Just ordered my copy, Its nice when you finally have money in paypal lol. Can't wait to play it. Thanks again.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
New copy of Mysterious Song: 40 bucks. Used copy of Magical Chase: $3206.99! Sadly I bid on that recent ebay MC auction too with no luck.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »
As I posted in the other thread about recent purchases, my copy came yesterday.  The front part of the case had the hinge broken off.  The back part of the case had a large crack.  The inside black plastic CD holder had several tabs broken off, but was still holding the disc firmly in place (unlike EU Dreamcast cases where the disc flops around the second any of the tabs come off).  The disc itself was fine.  I just swapped it out with one of the many spare CD cases I have on hand.  Obviously the damage happened during shipping.  But the disc was fine so I didn't get worked up about it.

Keranu

« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
As I posted in the other thread about recent purchases, my copy came yesterday.  The front part of the case had the hinge broken off.  The back part of the case had a large crack.  The inside black plastic CD holder had several tabs broken off, but was still holding the disc firmly in place (unlike EU Dreamcast cases where the disc flops around the second any of the tabs come off).  The disc itself was fine.  I just swapped it out with one of the many spare CD cases I have on hand.  Obviously the damage happened during shipping.  But the disc was fine so I didn't get worked up about it.
Yikes! Sorry to hear about the shipping, thankfully I'm all out of those loose poly bubble mailers. In any event you do want a new original case, I'll gladly send you one free of charge. The hinges seem to be particularly vulnerable, that's where I've noticed the most broken pieces of plastic from the bulk that was shipped to me. One case had a hinge that was jammed and wouldn't even open.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
Ok, from here on out, we will be encassing them in Jello!! :D

kiketonto

« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »
I just ordered my copy right now! I don't bother if I am one of that 100 selected ( I suppose not), but at least...I can play the game!
Congratulations for the release!

lord_cack

« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »
Ok, from here on out, we will be encassing them in Jello!! :D

My vote is Carbonite....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Keranu

« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
I've been encasing the game in bubble wrap and then shoving it inside a padded USPS envelope. Feels much better, it doesn't move around and has lots of protective cushioning -- the package looks like a pillow!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Mathius

« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
I've been encasing the game in bubble wrap and then shoving it inside a padded USPS envelope. Feels much better, it doesn't move around and has lots of protective cushioning -- the package looks like a pillow!

Better sleep on it overnight just to make sure. :wink:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406