Author Topic: Has anyone managed to read this entire eBay description?  (Read 1017 times)

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bernie

Re: Has anyone managed to read this entire eBay description?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
I just read it.  lol.  Not a bad deal starting the bidding at 100. 

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Holy crap. seems like the guy is trying to prove he isn't an a-hole way to much. (depends on the reserve which I am guessing is around the 350-400 mark). interesting to say the least. I HATE E-BAY MOBILE LISTINGS, grammer go a way.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:30:32 PM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
grammer???

turboswimbz

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »
You ever see post but, guy writing TOO HIGH?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
So I read it - finally (it still hurts).  I still can't tell if it's never been used, was used, or if it was owned by his father's step-son's neighbour who once used it during a solar eclipse, but only once for 1 minute 30 seconds while he was microwaving some popcorn.

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »
Wow, it`s so new that it comes with an Duo AV cable that hasn`t even been released yet!

Plus it comes with the pack-in version of Ys III, also so rare that it did not exist!

The only reason he has this never-used and new TurboDuo, is because of the elaborate story involving his not having and games to play on it, so he kept it in a closet after looking at the contents. Then 5 years later, he got a used TurboDuo... but it had no games, so he opened up that old new Duo to take the games from it to play! It was only because the stars aligned in such a way for a regular gamer, that he was lucky enough to wind up with such a one-of-a-kind basically brand new MIB Turbo system. See his other auctions for a brand new TG-16 and a brand new TurboExpress!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:02:36 PM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FiftyQuid

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
Holy shit!  He's got 4 in the box TG-16 for sale?  Luckiest gamer on the planet.  Those ANHEUSER BUSCH glasses are nice.

Flare65

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »
So I read it - finally (it still hurts).  I still can't tell if it's never been used, was used, or if it was owned by his father's step-son's neighbour who once used it during a solar eclipse, but only once for 1 minute 30 seconds while he was microwaving some popcorn.

My thoughts exactly!

Flare65

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »
Would it be too much trouble to even ask him to fire it up and see if it even works?

galam

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
I tried, I couldn't get through it

roflmao

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »
That guy's description is cryptic, at best.  It certainly reads like he's hiding something.

Flare, every time I see a post of yours, I want to see Cool World again.  Last time I saw it, it was newly released in the theaters. :)

tggodfrey

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
That guy is a gouger.  He sells TG shit on ebay all the time.  That description is a story, nothing else.  He is so full of shit its not funny.  Start the bid at whatever you want but take notice that there is a reserve on it.

for shits and giggles I just bid 300.00 on it and not only and I outbid, the reserve is still not met.  Someone bid 600.00 and see if the reserve is met (if reserve is met the price will be the reserve) then retract your bid and claim you entered wrong amount.  If i do it twice I might get a nasty gram from Egay.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:47:41 PM by tggodfrey »
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

SMF

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »
That guy is a gouger.  He sells TG shit on ebay all the time.  That description is a story, nothing else.  He is so full of shit its not funny.  Start the bid at whatever you want but take notice that there is a reserve on it.

for shits and giggles I just bid 300.00 on it and not only and I outbid, the reserve is still not met.

Well I'm sure his reserve is $600 or more. Did you see the TG16 new in box he has on eBay? $550 really like the plastic gloves he uses to handle the system lol. What a douche.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

CPTRAVE

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
His story does not even  make sense. I had to read it a few times just to comprehend what he was writing about. Something about a closet and he forgot he had a TurboDuo.
The system itself does look nice though.