Author Topic: Michael Jackson  (Read 2627 times)

KnightWarrior

Michael Jackson
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:06:46 AM »
Anyone a fan??

Would of been 54 today

One of best King of Pop

turboswimbz

Re: Michael Jackson
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
Can't say I'm a fan, but i do enjoy many of his songs, The album Thriller is a world classic. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

RegalSin

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »
Jackson was as commercial, as the Super 80's ( 1990s ) could get. He took his medical problem and turned it into music, the sad part is how people did not like the fact he choose to live as a kid, while being an adult.

He even did the music for Sonic 3  ( and 2 ) as well, because he really loved video games. The only reason why people was against, him was that he was originally black. Seriously, he was a great and normal person. I see why he would go to the doctor and live in his dreams, because on the outside he was just a danceaholic. In Return of the living dead, 2 they also had a Jackson Zombie, similar to the one from
Splatter house NES.

Colossus1574

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
Fan  :-"

Grew up on Beat It and Thriller in grade 2 or 3 of elementary school.
One of the greatest live performers of our time, puts some of the kiddie acts of today to shame who rely on remixing and lip syncing!
Was so sad to hear about his passing right before his comeback concerts were about to begin in London  :cry:
Yah, he wasn't exactly a role model, but i didnt care about his personal life, rather remember him for his music and performances.

TheClash603

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »
Yah, he wasn't exactly a role model, but i didnt care about his personal life, rather remember him for his music and performances.

This is the sentiment of many.  Is anyone else confused that this guy can get away with doing what he did and be considered a legend?

turbokon

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »
We were a big fan. Every time he had a new
music video, it was like a big event in our household. We had his t-shirts. We used to listen to his music outside late at night and practice the moonwalk. One of my friends mastered both the front an back moonwalks.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
Is anyone else confused that this guy can get away with doing what he did

What did he do?

TheClash603

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Is anyone else confused that this guy can get away with doing what he did

What did he do?

He was accused of several instances of child molestation.

If you say he wasn't convicted, then I suppose you think OJ was innocent too?

Rich people get away with anything in this country.  Recently a doctor was driving drunk and texting in my town, when he hit an 18 year old girl and killed her.  The guy then fled the scene and called his lawyer immediately to say "what do I do?"  There was evidence proving he was drunk, texting, and fled the scene...  however, he hired the best lawyers in the city and the defense was a public defender.  The guy ended up with 6 months in minimum security prison (basically a dorm room).  This guy was just rich, imagine if he were rich AND FAMOUS.  This country's legal system is jacked.

wilykat

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »
He was accused of doing naughty stuff with little kids.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »
Rich people get away with anything in this country.  ....  This country's legal system is jacked.

Ah, guilty as charged.  I see.  Definitely guilty in the court of public opinion.  Of course nobody would ever do anything to try and get money from the guy, especially being as weird as he was.  Nah... that could never happen!

nodtveidt

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »
Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land... guilty until proven innocent is the law of the media and all Fox News loyalists.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:59:01 PM by The Old Rover »

NightWolve

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:04 PM »
Was a fan, back when he was black, before his "transformations..." Seeing a thread title on him all of a sudden took me by surprise.

Rich people get away with anything in this country.  ....  This country's legal system is jacked.

Ah, guilty as charged.  I see.  Definitely guilty in the court of public opinion.  Of course nobody would ever do anything to try and get money from the guy, especially being as weird as he was.  Nah... that could never happen!

Yeah, good point. I think he was just way too weird, maybe just very kid-like himself and that's why he liked hanging with kids, so I doubt he ever sexually abused anyone... but then his weirdness gives me pause. There was that interview where he revealed he would let some of the kids sleep with him, you know, a "sleepover..." That's mildly appropriate with biological parents and only up to a certain age, but I don't rule out him and the kids having become that close to feel comfortable with that... I dunno, but you're right, the parents of one of the accusers wanted a pot of gold and they got it in the sum of millions.

Xray

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
I think the evidence that he was a hopeless boy loving pedo is far beyond any doubt.
So he was a complete POS as a person, and deserved to be castrated, and worse.
I won't deny his talent though, even though its not my style of music. I'm much more the Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Halen, GNR kind of guy ,, But I can listen to some of his songs without wanting to destroy the radio. To save my life I could probably name 6 or 7 of his songs, and they are some catchy tunes.
They were more gimmick than anything in the Motown days ,, But again, success is hard to argue with. He advanced as a talented writer and performer, his sales volume speaks for itself.

I hear people say "Oh yeah, Elvis really sucked, and the Beatles were way over rated" ect ... [I happen to like both of them], I'll just say "Yeah Ok, you go out and sell 125,000,000 records, then your opinion might mean a little more".
Same thing with MJ.

Duo_R

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 07:15:33 PM »
I liked MJ's music, unfortunately his weirdness made it "weird" to listen to his music, until he died (then it was cool again).

With Michael Jackson gone...and Neil Armstrong now dead....we are losing all the Moonwalkers!

Was a fan, back when he was black, before his "transformations..." Seeing a thread title on him all of a sudden took me by surprise.

Yeah, good point. I think he was just way too weird, maybe just very kid-like himself and that's why he liked hanging with kids, so I doubt he ever sexually abused anyone... but then his weirdness gives me pause. There was that interview where he revealed he would let some of the kids sleep with him, you know, a "sleepover..." That's mildly appropriate with biological parents and only up to a certain age, but I don't rule out him and the kids having become that close to feel comfortable with that... I dunno, but you're right, the parents of one of the accusers wanted a pot of gold and they got it in the sum of millions.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
Xray, there has NEVER been any solid evidence that MJ done anything inappropriate.   It was all he said she said crap.  I want you to think about something for a minute.   The parents that were accusing MJ of molestation,  they dropped it when they got a lump sum of money.  That tells me one of two things is going on there.  Either they were in it for the money to begin with and it was all a scandal.  Or...it was true and money was more important than what happened to their child supposedly.   As a parent I tend to lean towards people going for the jugular cause they knew there would be a payout.  Its bullshit and always was.  Only thing MJ is guilty of is being a weird mofo and loving children and trying to give them happiness that he was robbed of as a child.