Author Topic: Enemy of the State: Revisited (Trivia Challenge)  (Read 656 times)

esteban

Enemy of the State: Revisited (Trivia Challenge)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »
Quote from: "Pcenginefx"
Ok I just got Higher Learning, and after going through it twice, I can't find a TurboDuo anywhere.  There is an object that is in a shape of a TurboDuo, however isn't anywhere near a TV (where it should be) and the shot is a fast-panning, burry shot (in other words, impossible to verify that it was a Duo).

On the other hand, at about 1h 22mins into the movie, one of the characters has a HUGE printout of Zonk on his closet door!  This is really obvious and might have been what people were talking about.  Screenshots & video clip coming up :)
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  |    | 

Pcenginefx

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »
I watched the movie again for the 3rd time just now and I can verify that there is NO TurboDuo anywhere in the movie (sorry!).  Shots and video of Air Zonk should be posted in the next few hours.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

esteban

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 05:35:14 PM »
Quote from: "Pcenginefx"
I watched the movie again for the 3rd time just now and I can verify that there is NO TurboDuo anywhere in the movie (sorry!).  Shots and video of Air Zonk should be posted in the next few hours.
Just in time for Valentine's Day! Now I gotta make sure I finish making my wife's gift instead of spending too much time on the computer :).
  |    | 

Pcenginefx

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 08:28:52 PM »
Video capture (warning, not safe for work due to language)
http://www.pcenginefx.com/temp/HigherLearning_Zonk.wmv (24MB)

There is another scene before this one where the skinhead character totally goes off in the room...and poor Zonk gets smashed in the process (however due to continuity errors in the film, Zonk re-appears in the shots right after)
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 09:08:48 PM »
Thanks a lot for the video and shots! This again makes us curious as to who's idea it was to put Zonk up on that dresser :D . By the way, that movie looks pretty cool, I should check it out.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Thanks a lot for the video and shots! This again makes us curious as to who's idea it was to put Zonk up on that dresser :D . By the way, that movie looks pretty cool, I should check it out.
From what I can remember, it was an enjoyable film. Then again, all I can remember is one line, "Remmy has a gun!" or something like that.

So, why does Zonk have a blue shirt? Anyone have any ideas? Is there any text on the shirt?

Oh yeah, thanks for doing this, Aaron. :)
  |    | 

Dark Fact

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 07:13:30 AM »
It's been quite a while since I've seen Enemy of the State (I rented this movie along with The Negotiator).

I know that they featured a portable gaming console in the movie but had absolutely no idea it was a Turbo Express!  :shock:

How do you like that?

Quote from: "stevek666"
So, why does Zonk have a blue shirt? Anyone have any ideas? Is there any text on the shirt?

Not sure either.  Maybe to deter trademark infringement? I'm doubtful on that one though...

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Enemy of the State: Revisited (Trivia Challenge)
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
Wow, sorry to necro-post, but, I turned on the tv, Higher Learning was on......a few seconds go by, & sure enough, I see my ol' buddy Zonk!  That was a trip, totally forgot about this thread, almost started a new one!

esteban

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »
Wow, sorry to necro-post, but, I turned on the tv, Higher Learning was on......a few seconds go by, & sure enough, I see my ol' buddy Zonk!  That was a trip, totally forgot about this thread, almost started a new one!

HOLY CRAP! Best necropost, ever!

Why? You ask?

Well, I totally forgot about EVERYTHING in this thread. I mean, EVERYTHING.

Re-reading this was like discovering the blue-shirted Zonk all over again!

So, I have to ask:

Why is Zonk wearing a blue shirt/sweater/sweatshirt? Do we have any promotional material that featured a similar blue shirt? A winter holiday price reduction, perhaps?

|    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 02:59:16 AM »
It looks like they just colored his chest with a blue marker in an attempt to alter it enough to not pay royalties.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:05 AM »
It looks like they just colored his chest with a blue marker in an attempt to alter it enough to not pay royalties.

Blasphemy!
  |    | 

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »
Good bump, I remember the Enemy of the State stuff being mentioned before, but I had no idea about Higher Learning and I used to like that movie a lot
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

glazball

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »
  lol yeah thanks for this necrobump!  This was news to me.  I haven't seen Enemy is years, but I totally didn't notice what Jason Lee had exactly.  Do they show the front of it?  Dammit now I'm tortured... gonna have to watch it again.  Good movie though so that's ok.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

NightWolve

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
Video capture (warning, not safe for work due to language)
http://www.pcenginefx.com/temp/HigherLearning_Zonk.wmv (24MB)

Wow, the link still works. Let's have a look.