Author Topic: Raffles ...  (Read 289 times)

Xray

Raffles ...
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
Curious - How exactly is the winner picked ?
And I'm presuming the person doing the raffling picks up the shipping cost as well ?

nodtveidt

Re: Raffles ...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
All of that is up to the person running the raffle.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
Curious - How exactly is the winner picked ?
And I'm presuming the person doing the raffling picks up the shipping cost as well ?
I usually use random.org and yes most of the time that person doing the raffle picks up the shipping cost. Me personally due to where I live at, if its more than 5 pounds I'll have the winner of the raffle pick it up the shipping costs due to that I quite literally live in the sticks.

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
Like the others said.  Its all up to you.  For bigger items I normally require the winner to pay exact shipping costs.  But for stuff like the games I give out, I take care of it all.

Xray

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
Thanks guys, and thanks Bigus, I'll look into random.org, just the sort of thing I was thinking.
I know I could write down names and drop them in a hat and pick the winner, that seems a bit lame.

Sparky

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
Ya the http://www.random.org/lists/ works well, and I pay for shipping no matter what but for an item like yours it's still cool to ask for help with shippy.

jperryss

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
Ya the http://www.random.org/lists/ works well, and I pay for shipping no matter what but for an item like yours it's still cool to ask for help with shippy.

This. If you keep all the names listed in the first post, you can just copy/paste it right in and hit Randomize. The person in slot #1 is the winner.  :D

As far as shipping...when I ship just a loose disc, I cover it since it's usually under $1. When I ship complete games I ask for $2 towards shipping, which always comes out to about $3 and change with materials.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:38:45 PM by jperryss »

Xray

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
Mine will be about $5 to ship USA, should fit into a flat rate Priority box.
International will be more like $12, not willing to go quite that high.

Random sounds like the ticket, you guys post screen shots of the results ?

Sparky

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
Yep & just to add to the fun I took the top 10 and hit the raffle button again... :P. (( was a sought after game so added to the drama ))

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12665.0

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »
There are no rules to how you have to have a raffle, have fun and don't take it too serious!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint