Author Topic: Raffle - Turbo Grafx Edge Lit Sign  (Read 2232 times)

Jibbajaba

Re: Raffle - Turbo Grafx Edge Lit Sign
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
Heh.  "Sign guy."

The double-P tends to go overboard at times, but he's right.  Banning people from your raffle just because of a heated exchange in an OT thread about Michael Jackson is a pretty puss-f*ck thing to do.  Behavior like that is what will make a lot of people around here ignore your PMs when you message them asking to buy shit in their FS/FT threads.  It's also bad PR when you're trying to sell your signs to people.

You're just digging your own f*cking grave.  And before you reply to me, please keep in mind that I barely gave enough of a f*ck to post this, and will not give nearly enough of one to give a shit about whatever you have to say back.  I've seen enough around here that I have a fine idea of where you're coming from.

Chris

Xray

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
As predicted.
Considering your obsession with cocks, I'm doubting you have any biological children, abused or not.
Not going to feed your passion for bickering, permanent ignore you go.

And Jibba - I'll take my chances of people not wanting to "buy my signs", I think I'll somehow manage.
Already sold quite a few, and I think you'll have to agree, lots of folks want one for free !
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:17:38 AM by Xray »

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
As predicted.
Considering your obsession with cocks, I'm doubting you have any biological children, abused or not.
Not going to feed your passion for bickering, permanent ignore you go.

And Jibba - I'll take my chances of people not wanting to "buy my signs", I think I'll somehow manage.
Already sold quite a few, and I think you'll have to agree, lots of folks want one for free !

turboswimbz

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
Gay Homer says,
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm bag full O cocks!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

roflmao

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
Please sign me up! +1 TurboKarma to you!

HercTNT

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
Xray, if you and bernie are cool, then whats the diff between this raffle and any other raffle. I'm sure your tired of hearing it, but i gotta admit, its not really a cool thing to do. Its a matter of principal, not really the way we do things around here in these forums. just my two cents.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
Its cool guys.  :) I just want this all to go away now and get back to what this place is for.  :)

Xray

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »
Your point is taken Herc, and I agree, it may not seem cool.
What goes on between me and anyone else in private stays private - Unlike some others, I am not playing for a crowd.
I have my reasons, Bernie is aware of them, and thats all that matters to me.

HercTNT

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
What goes on between me and anyone else in private stays private - Unlike some others, I am not playing for a crowd.

I can't agree with this. it does not matter if your playing for a crowd or not. this is not a pissing contest, its about principal. i'm not concerned about your reservation with others in these forums. i'm concerned about whats considered decent conduct. you admit that its not cool, and yet you do it anyways. it does not matter who you do it to, it should not happen to anyone. that fact that others really want your signs, are keeping them from speaking out against whats clearly bad behavior. There is no doubt your are talented and do great work. Even your detractors have pointed that fact out. The principal remains that blocking other users from your raffle do to disagreements flies right in the face of whats considered proper conduct around here. Please do that right thing and change your mind on this. it would go along way to longevity around here. i'm hope your reason is as sound as the qualilty of your work.

Xray

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »

Please do that right thing and change your mind on this. it would go along way to longevity around here. i'm hope your reason is as sound as the qualilty of your work.

Not concerned with "longevity" here, it is what it is.
If I broke any forum rules deserving a ban, so did at least 5 others.
My reasoning is very solid, I assure you - In fact, my hands are tied. I don't expect you to understand and, no disrespect to you, its none of your business.

its about principal

Spot on ! Think about it ...

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2012, 06:36:09 PM »
The principal remains that blocking other users from your raffle do to disagreements flies right in the face of whats considered proper conduct around here. Please do that right thing and change your mind on this.

Two things.

1) We don't know what Xray and Bernie discussed.  Bernie says it's cool, so we should trust that it's cool.
2) If someone irritates you so much that you actually go to the effort to put them on "ignore", then they deserve to be excluded from your raffles.  That's not petty -- that's common sense.

It seems like some people are starting to take raffles for granted.  This is a thread about a unique, high-quality product, and it's being given away for free.  Over 30 people have signed up for this opportunity.  Personally, I think that's pretty cool.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

esteban

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
The principal remains that blocking other users from your raffle do to disagreements flies right in the face of whats considered proper conduct around here. Please do that right thing and change your mind on this.

Two things.

1) We don't know what Xray and Bernie discussed.  Bernie says it's cool, so we should trust that it's cool.
2) If someone irritates you so much that you actually go to the effort to put them on "ignore", then they deserve to be excluded from your raffles.  That's not petty -- that's common sense.

It seems like some people are starting to take raffles for granted.  This is a thread about a unique, high-quality product, and it's being given away for free.  Over 30 people have signed up for this opportunity.  Personally, I think that's pretty cool.

Agreed.

|    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2012, 04:25:22 AM »

Two things.

Agreed.

Double agreed.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012, 05:41:37 AM »
Oh wow.  Herc is spot-on.

This guy can and should go f*ck himself.  He'd be getting f*cking railed on if it weren't for the fact that so many people wanted his plastic f*cking signs.  So let's let him act like a shithead and take advantage of the guilty conscience of Bernie, one of the best members we have here, because otherwise we'll be cut off and he'll have to peddle his shit elsewhere.  The guy is only here to make money off of us.  What normally happens to people like that?

Chris

Xray

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2012, 06:14:40 AM »
You don't know your own ass from a hole in the ground jaba.
I only want to make $$ off you dumb turbo guys, so what do I do ? Give one away ! I even pay to give one away, shippings on me !
Yep, I'll make a killing all right ,,, Don't need no high paying union job or other highly profitable side ventures, when I can just sell signs to you dumb turbo guys !

As stated before, these are barely worth my while to do, economically. Go price out 1/2 clear acrylic, genius [thats "plexiglass]. You'll have to look further than your local home depots, don't carry anything over 1/4. Call a local sign shop, see how much they want for a custom CNC 8x6 1/2" plexi sign [if they even have the expertise to do it, most only do wood and HDU, and subcontract any CNC work].
You ought to quit jacking your jaw, you sound a bit jealous if you ask me.
Everyone has let this go save for a certain small crew of whining, brown nosing sycophants who just crave bickering and controversy. Don't like me and/or my signs ? Then DON'T BUY ONE, its really not that complex.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:16:13 AM by Xray »